May 03, 2024, 01:28:21 AMLatest Member: Clydepaf
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other BoutCheetah Stuff » Suggestions » new staff names

new staff names

Started by Cooky, November 22, 2012, 01:10:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkShadow89

November 22, 2012, 08:24:19 PM #30 Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 08:28:10 PM by DarkShadow89
There should be no need for a symbol. Im sure theres a way to log mods/gms/admins names at the top of the lobby list.

Symbols look unprofessional and could be mislead for someone impersonating if you're new, and used to play old BOTS!!

Quote from: KillerPig on November 22, 2012, 06:05:28 PM
most online games actually do something similar to this

!Mod Pig for mods
#GM Pig for gms
@Admin Pig for admin

u guys are always harping about how you wanna be more professional soo

No need to attack the mods by comparing other games, infact I have yet to know/remember a game i've played where they have symbols in there name to be logged in at the top of the list. Most games can do it without tricking the order of syntax.

Why the need to attack staff by the false accusation that they brag about professionalism?
<br />BoutCheetah: DankBudz420 | 150 | Vanquish<br />
Quote from: yeritsyaboy1 on July 24, 2012, 08:30:40 PM<br />Food For Thought .<br />

Selene

Quote from: Selene on November 22, 2012, 08:03:31 AM
We shouldn't have any symbol, we should just be at the top of lobby list.

KillerPig

Quote from: DarkShadow89 on November 22, 2012, 08:24:19 PM
There should be no need for a symbol. Im sure theres a way to log mods/gms/admins names at the top of the lobby list.

Symbols look unprofessional and could be mislead for someone impersonating if you're new, and used to play old BOTS!!

Quote from: KillerPig on November 22, 2012, 06:05:28 PM
most online games actually do something similar to this

!Mod Pig for mods
#GM Pig for gms
@Admin Pig for admin

u guys are always harping about how you wanna be more professional soo

No need to attack the mods by comparing other games, infact I have yet to know/remember a game i've played where they have symbols in there name to be logged in at the top of the list. Most games can do it without tricking the order of syntax.

Why the need to attack staff by the false accusation that they brag about professionalism?
that was in no way an attack wtfffff

this would make everything more organized an professional
i said since they are always saying they want to be professional, they should do this

IGN: KillerPig (H) | NinjaPig (H) | ShadowPig (H) | KillerPig (L)
LVL: 225 | 225 | 225 | 44
GUILD: ZeaL | CourageCrew | Lil Optis | -

DarkShadow89

Harp is usually derogative.

Anywho, symbols make it messy and look bad.
Quote from: yeritsyaboy1 on July 24, 2012, 08:30:40 PM<br />Food For Thought .<br />

spiderstar

For the people who said the command idea was bad and it makes it more ridiculous.

I said if the top of the list thing didn't work then maybe a command would work. 

Not that a command idea was better than putting the names at the top of the list.

Just to clarify.

DarkShadow89

November 22, 2012, 10:26:13 PM #35 Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 10:28:20 PM by DarkShadow89
^ Indeed, i believe i have played a game before where if you needed help of a gm, you could /help and it would warn all the gm's online (or admins or mods in this case) and therefore you could only pm them once you had been replied to.

Or you could do a WoW type thing, and make a ticket to PM mods and what not.

But a @command to show the status seems useless, I would make it so if you need help, you can just @help and it would message all the online staff with your name therefore, a staff could whisper you.

Only because, I dont think there would be a problem with just putting the staff at the top of the list.

EDIT: Or you could be twice as professional, and make santa code a TAB next to the "Guild" and "Friends" thing, that says like, "Online Staff" or maybe just "Staff"

Which would take you to another little window where it only shows the log for staff members. (This is only if you cant find a way to put staff at top of lobby list)

Selene

November 22, 2012, 10:37:32 PM #36 Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 10:38:25 PM by Selene
"All"
"Whisper"
"Guild"
"Help"

If you need help you just go to the "help"option and write your message and whatever staff(s) are on they can answer it for you right there.

spiderstar

Quote from: DarkShadow89 on November 22, 2012, 10:26:13 PM
^ Indeed, i believe i have played a game before where if you needed help of a gm, you could /help and it would warn all the gm's online (or admins or mods in this case) and therefore you could only pm them once you had been replied to.

Or you could do a WoW type thing, and make a ticket to PM mods and what not.

But a @command to show the status seems useless, I would make it so if you need help, you can just @help and it would message all the online staff with your name therefore, a staff could whisper you.

Only because, I dont think there would be a problem with just putting the staff at the top of the list.

EDIT: Or you could be twice as professional, and make santa code a TAB next to the "Guild" and "Friends" thing, that says like, "Online Staff" or maybe just "Staff"

Which would take you to another little window where it only shows the log for staff members. (This is only if you cant find a way to put staff at top of lobby list)

It's impossible to add another window without the source code. 

Also if there was a command that whispered the users name to all staff members we would most likely get flooded with a billion people.  Another problem would be that 6 staff members might be helping 1 person which is kind of redundant when the other 5 staff members could be helping 5 other people. 

Quote from: Selene on November 22, 2012, 10:37:32 PM
"All"
"Whisper"
"Guild"
"Help"

If you need help you just go to the "help"option and write your message and whatever staff(s) are on they can answer it for you right there.

+1

@The Main Suggestion: 
In all seriousness it's not that hard to scroll down the lobby list and find a staff members name.  But I guess it would help people find the staff more easily.

Cooky

but new players dont know who is staff and who isnt , which is another problem

DarkShadow89

November 22, 2012, 11:14:30 PM #39 Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 11:15:13 PM by DarkShadow89
This isnt even a big problem, but I thought it would be more "professional" to have something like WoW like a place where you can place a ticket and it would be reviewed by GM's. Not that this game is big enough, and theres only 2 places you could be, the lobby and in a game like sector/pvp/base. Which means, you could just message them, but I think it would still be a bit more efficient to have players WRITE out whats wrong and have a ticket waiting, so a GM/Mod could go and read them all and answer them accordingly.

But its not a necessity, and dont think it will be considered. ^ Btw this would make the "report-a-rule breaker" section useless.

Nucleaon

"All"
"Whisper"
"Guild"
"Help"

This is awesome.

IGNs:
BC: Nuc | Kyura
GC: SaphireFlare

Vobck

"All"
"Whisper"
"Guild"
"Help"

If this was possible it would be "neater".
But im wondering, if alot of people keep asking and asking alot in the "help" chat it would become a little annoying to see who needs help. :/

ghostkid17

"All"
"Whisper"
"Guild"
"Help"

This ^
-Oreos-
Quote from: Materger
I am now an Oreos fan!
Quote from: Allie
Oreos was a failed project.

Cooky

the `help` chat option wouldnt work.. Far too often there are no staff online or they are afk, people would get mad when their requests for help arent answered. I think that would be overkill.

spiderstar

Quote from: Cooky on November 23, 2012, 01:01:10 AM
the `help` chat option wouldnt work.. Far too often there are no staff online or they are afk, people would get mad when their requests for help arent answered. I think that would be overkill.

Actually it really wouldn't make that much of a difference.

If people whispered a mod and he didn't respond the person would still get mad anyways.

Honestly if there was a help option and a staff member was afk.  When the staff member came back he could look through the help section and talk to the person later.  Whilst looking through whispers can be more difficult because whispers are used for idol chats as well. 

It would be more efficient imo. 

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-