May 19, 2024, 07:13:12 AMLatest Member: ytru97
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other BoutCheetah Stuff » Suggestions » Something that I have been thinking about for a while.

Something that I have been thinking about for a while.

Started by Purple, June 19, 2013, 10:57:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple

Please read this whole post before posting below. Posting without reading the full post is stupid and doesn't contribute anything.
Short Version / Introduction
Add randomized secondary stats for gear that drops from red boxes. This would give a reason for people to play sector other than grinding for GP.

How this would work
Lets use the bot type Ram as the example here. The Ram bot type has 3 secondary stats. They're the following:
(Head)Special Transformation
(Body)Trans Speed
(Arms)Transformation Gauge

When you get a head, body, or arm part the stats will be the exact same depending on the +#. A +1 Mohawk arm gives +17 TG every single time you get one.

If this was implemented it would give each + a range for the bonus that the armor piece gives. To give another example, it would give a +1 Mohawk arm a chance to drop with anywhere between +17 - +50 TG. Obviously the higher the secondary stat is the lower the chance the part is gonna drop.

Why this would actually help the game in anyway
I'll give a few reasons as to why I think this would be worth spending time on to add to the game.

1. It would give low levels a sense of getting something actually valuable. Normally if you're a low level and you get a +4/+5 drop, it's pretty useless. Where as if you get a +4/+5 drop with, lets say, +100 TG it is actually rare and is helpful.

2. It would give high levels a reason to play different levels. Let's face it, once you're a high level you're only playing 2 or 3 different maps. To me, this gets really repetitive and makes the game dull.

3. It would stop making Tier armor the 'god' tier of armor. Sure, it would still be better, but people with Elektra +6/7 wouldn't have a complete disadvantage.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Something that would make this addition to the game even better
You may have noticed that I have yet to mention anything about the variation of stats for +6/+7.
This is because I wanted to have a better way of adding random stats to +6/+7 then just saying "You get a variation of the secondary stat once you make the +6/+7 part"

So what I came up with was why not use Bot-stract? We all know Bot-stract is useless. Nobody sells Bot-stract anymore, I would even say that literally nobody wants to buy Bot-stract.

How this would work
Under the "Special" tab, (where Transform and Combine are) there would be a new tab. This tab would allow you to enter a +6/+7 item and would let you 're-roll' the secondary stat on the item. The cost would depend on the level of the item, and whether it was +6 or +7.

This would give Bot-stract an actual use and once again give it value within the player market.

Well that's pretty much it. I don't even know if this is possible, though I am pretty sure it is. Who knows, I may have just wasted the past half an hour writing this out.

^**** im special xd

JustRK

Wow that's pretty elaborate. It's a well thought out idea, but I feel like the secondary stats would have to be higher than normal to persuade more people to play sector. Making the stats exponential like they are now would mean players who are in the lower level tiers would still be willing to leech until they are confident enough to go out and grind themselves and acquire an armor set then.

On the other hand I do like your idea because it would be just as difficult as obtaining t3 if the drop rate was severely low and this could create a divide between players who will adapt to armor with these secondary stats and use their advantage vs players who wear t3 and ditch those stats for a little bit of extra power.

If this was even possible it would be like infusing the stats of items considered OP into the normal armor and cause some discrepancies in the pvp and bvb field if used (x

orsaky

Quote from: nanak tatum on June 20, 2013, 01:11:47 AM
Seems like a fun and interesting idea. +1

But you said that people with +6/7 Elektra have no chance against t3 219 people? That is not true. If you are playing on flop it might be a bit harder but on a lot of other maps you can knock people off, run away (on some maps you don't need much speed) and if you are good enough, you can take down someone with that by just normal fighting.

Anyways sorry for that off topic but I understand where you were coming from with that and still love the idea. However, the re-roll thing with the bot stract is a bit strange. Maybe I don't fully understand it.

i think he is saying that with +6/7 you can spend botstract to have the stats randomized again for better or worse

eg.
if you had lvl 1 arm +6 with 35tg you reroll for botstract and it could become 20tg or 50tg

correct me if im wrong

Purple

Quote from: orsaky on June 20, 2013, 01:42:58 AM
Quote from: nanak tatum on June 20, 2013, 01:11:47 AM
Seems like a fun and interesting idea. +1

But you said that people with +6/7 Elektra have no chance against t3 219 people? That is not true. If you are playing on flop it might be a bit harder but on a lot of other maps you can knock people off, run away (on some maps you don't need much speed) and if you are good enough, you can take down someone with that by just normal fighting.

Anyways sorry for that off topic but I understand where you were coming from with that and still love the idea. However, the re-roll thing with the bot stract is a bit strange. Maybe I don't fully understand it.

i think he is saying that with +6/7 you can spend botstract to have the stats randomized again for better or worse

eg.
if you had lvl 1 arm +6 with 35tg you reroll for botstract and it could become 20tg or 50tg

correct me if im wrong

That's correct, guess I should've explained it better. My bad.

^**** im special xd

orsaky

this adds a risk  factor to it and means you will have to spend more to get higher stats from an item. (unless you are luc)ky and get it first try

another option could be that you could have options on how much you would spend.

EG. you could spend an extra 10000 or 20000 botstract and have a higher chance of getting better stats

(these numbers are just as example not saying this is what it should cost)

Purple

Sure it adds a risk feature, but what's 10k Bot-stract each time you 're-roll' an Elektra +7 part. Doesn't seem like much, imo. Considering there's currently 70m Bot-stract in-game.

^**** im special xd

sirhamtaro

@Asmit's first post
I'm not very good with words so I'll just say I love your whole post.
Great idea(s) mate.

orsaky

Quote from: Purple on June 20, 2013, 02:10:10 AM
Sure it adds a risk feature, but what's 10k Bot-stract each time you 're-roll' an Elektra +7 part. Doesn't seem like much, imo. Considering there's currently 70m Bot-stract in-game.

as i said at the bottom of my reply, those were just examples i think it should be more for higher lvl equipment

EG. lvl 1 it +7 it cost 10k botstract and for elktra +7 it could cost like 100k

again just random numbers but you get my point

Purple

Quote from: nanak tatum on June 20, 2013, 02:51:55 AM
If this were added, I think Bot stract should be erased entirely. It would make pvp more active as people would need to earn bot stract and would be challenging/fun. Also bot stract should have a slightly higher amount gain when dropped.

That actually seems like a good idea. I don't think that many people would get mad at a wipe of Bot-stract. Then again, that's if this gets added at all.

^**** im special xd

HyperShadic6

June 20, 2013, 05:00:54 AM #9 Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 05:12:52 AM by HyperShadic6
+1 because if it uses bot strac more ppl will pvp and it wont be dead anymore. But on the other hand -1 because it will make people tage quit whenever they lose... So yeah and some people will keep their bot stract off not to lose any and which again leads to rage quit because people pvp for bs but they dont get them from certain people and lets say most ppl which have different times when they come on

hawk5005

Xx Itz Ian

League of Legends:
http://euw.op.gg/summoner/userName=ianv
http://euw.op.gg/summoner/userName=smurf+leblanc
http://euw.op.gg/summoner/userName=qqdz

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  Xx ItZ Ian
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Cooky

I like the idea except for this part

"2. It would give high levels a reason to play different levels."

No, it wouldn't lol

Epic xD

Because it's a great idea to OP the game even more!

Quote from: KillerPig on June 24, 2011, 07:49:43 AM
I've been debating with myself about this for a long time now. No, I'm not leaving BC, but when I get back, I'll be asking the girl I've liked for a long time to go out with me. Wish me luck. Zomg I'm so excited.

Purple

Quote from: Epic xD on June 20, 2013, 12:45:24 PM
Because it's a great idea to OP the game even more!
I'd diversify it more than it would make the game more OP. Imo anyway.

Quote from: Cooky on June 20, 2013, 09:08:44 AM
I like the idea except for this part

"2. It would give high levels a reason to play different levels."

No, it wouldn't lol
I'm sure some people would play different levels for it.

^**** im special xd

Cooky

Quote from: Purple on June 20, 2013, 05:47:55 PM

For what? Wouldn't the higher levels still drop the items with the highest stats? Unless you're suggesting lower levels drop better parts, no one is going to play low levels because of this suggestion

Purple

Quote from: Cooky on June 20, 2013, 05:54:57 PM
Quote from: Purple on June 20, 2013, 05:47:55 PM

For what? Wouldn't the higher levels still drop the items with the highest stats? Unless you're suggesting lower levels drop better parts, no one is going to play low levels because of this suggestion

Did I say low levels? No. I said different levels. Right now the only thing 221s are playing are 172, Hacken 1p/8p, and the one map that I can't remember.

^**** im special xd

Rossbach

June 21, 2013, 03:25:28 AM #17 Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 03:28:47 AM by Rossbach
Reminds Ross of this:

"Minibot and E.F system -

In Bout Evolution, Minibots don't have higher stats depending on their "+" rank.
Instead, it's like this :

CRT being the lowest rank.
   MIS being the middle rank.
   BST being the best rank.

To tell what main stat the Minibot or E.F has :

+1 being Critical.
   +2 being Evade.
   +3 being Special Transformation.

So a MozapBST +2 is :

A evade minibot, and the best of its kind as a Mozap minibot for evade.

To remember what BST is, try to think "BEST"."

Stole it from evo site, however it was changed since then and is like BC where this is no "ranks."

T-bots has this system in place, however Ross has no idea if it was like this in BOTS!! or BOUT.  ::)

Omnomnom eating toast.

Purple

Quote from: Rossbach on June 21, 2013, 03:25:28 AM
Reminds Ross of this:

"Minibot and E.F system -

In Bout Evolution, Minibots don't have higher stats depending on their "+" rank.
Instead, it's like this :

CRT being the lowest rank.
    MIS being the middle rank.
    BST being the best rank.

To tell what main stat the Minibot or E.F has :

+1 being Critical.
    +2 being Evade.
    +3 being Special Transformation.

So a MozapBST +2 is :

A evade minibot, and the best of its kind as a Mozap minibot for evade.

To remember what BST is, try to think "BEST"."

Stole it from evo site.

It is the same in T-bots, however Ross has no idea if it was like this in BOTS!! or BOUT.

That's how it should work, imo. Except I would rename them to "MozapCrit, MozapEvade, etc"

^**** im special xd

Cooky

Quote from: Purple on June 20, 2013, 06:06:52 PM
Did I say low levels? No. I said different levels.

ok so replace 'low levels' with 'different levels' in my post

my point still remains.

Purple

Quote from: Cooky on June 21, 2013, 11:51:48 AM
Quote from: Purple on June 20, 2013, 06:06:52 PM
Did I say low levels? No. I said different levels.

ok so replace 'low levels' with 'different levels' in my post

my point still remains.

I still think you're wrong lol.

^**** im special xd

Purple

^**** im special xd

Cooky

Quote from: Purple on June 21, 2013, 06:29:23 PM
I still think you're wrong lol.

you are suggesting dropped items give extra stats.. but wouldn't they scale with the levels the same way it does now? the highest levels will still give the most exp and best drops so why would that encourage anyone to play different levels?

Selene

You don't have to keep bumping it. Allie does look at this section, but doesn't always reply.

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-