May 17, 2024, 09:00:33 AMLatest Member: MyzhFug
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other BoutCheetah Stuff » Suggestions » Armor Customization Suggestion

Armor Customization Suggestion

Started by Epic xD, October 07, 2013, 09:38:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Epic xD

October 07, 2013, 09:38:31 PM Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 01:30:38 AM by Epic xD
Okay, I have an idea that allows for customization of parts in BC. Basically, you can "prestige" low level +7 parts to boost their stats until their stats cap at RT1 armor stats. A leveling system would need to be established, but I think the premise for creating useable low level armor is solid. Honestly, I'm not sure how the leveling would work because basically every aspect of this game is farmable. All I know is that people should be able to level their armor no matter what mode they play.

For example, you can prestige your Bladium +7 parts several times to obtain the stats of RT1 parts through this method. However, once these stats are achieved, you can no longer level your Bladium +7 parts.

To make things more understandable, you would need to level your Sabrecron +7 parts one more time than Bladium +7 parts in order to obtain the stats of RT1 parts. First, Sabrecron +7 parts would need to level once to have the stats of Bladium +7 parts. Then, they would need to level a second time to obtain Bladess +7 stats, until they reach the stats of RT1 armor. This process would repeat until the lowest Surge armor (Spiker).

You could possibly mark the person with armor such as this with an asterisk (*) in the room lobby. This would be similar to how RB packs appear on the player's name tag in the room lobby.

The whole premise of this idea is to add customization into the game. People would then have an actual reason to use sets such as +7 Hammer Head and +7 CAT.

Also, there is another idea that goes along with this. A stat cap could be used in PvP/BvB rooms to prevent players from using extremely overpowered items to keep the game fair. This still allows people to use their T3 and Raid sets (because it would cap their stats to the respective level 172 armor) without being unfair to those who do not or cannot use those parts.

Quote from: KillerPig on June 24, 2011, 07:49:43 AM
I've been debating with myself about this for a long time now. No, I'm not leaving BC, but when I get back, I'll be asking the girl I've liked for a long time to go out with me. Wish me luck. Zomg I'm so excited.

Cooky

I don't like the idea and don't think its worth adding 

Plus, why cap it at the level 166 armors? I could support a method to make it so low level armor could have a way to have the stats of the highest level armors so players could wear their favorite armor without having the penalty of low stats, but not this. Seems pointless to me. Requiring player kills and mob kills would be no challenge at all and everyone could just farm it too.

Epic xD

Quote from: Cooky on October 07, 2013, 09:45:20 PM
I don't like the idea and don't think its worth adding  

Plus, why cap it at the level 166 armors? I could support a method to make it so low level armor could have a way to have the stats of the highest level armors so players could wear their favorite armor without having the penalty of low stats, but not this. Seems pointless to me. Requiring player kills and mob kills would be no challenge at all and everyone could just farm it too.
Because that armor is ridiculously OP. What's your idea to make low level sets usable? Just play Raid 9001 times? At least my idea is fair to those who do not play a certain mode. It would easily be possible to simply level up your armor by playing BvB and PvP. Being "farmable" is an unimportant aspect anyways. Most people just farmed their event items, farmed their Raid parts, farmed their T3 parts, etc. This allows people to actually take on a challenge and allows people to pursue something actually interesting.

I've been debating with myself about this for a long time now. No, I'm not leaving BC, but when I get back, I'll be asking the girl I've liked for a long time to go out with me. Wish me luck. Zomg I'm so excited.

Cooky

Quote from: Epic xD on October 07, 2013, 09:38:31 PM
The whole premise of this idea is to add customization into the game. People would then have an actual reason to use sets such as +7 Hammer Head and +7 CAT.

but if they are capped at lvl 166.. why would anyone take the time? just to make a different looking lvl 166 set? then it becomes obsolete when they get lvl 181 set. 99% of people lvl 166 and below don't have a +7 anyway. By the time they get their first +7 set, this idea would be useless.

"Oh ya let me go back and grind for a +7 hammer-head set so I can then spend a ton of time farming kills and turn it into the stats of a lvl 166 set after a while, that I will never use!"

Epic xD

Quote from: Cooky on October 07, 2013, 09:53:32 PM
Quote from: Epic xD on October 07, 2013, 09:38:31 PM

but if they are capped at lvl 166.. why would anyone take the time? just to make a different looking lvl 166 set? then it becomes obsolete when they get lvl 181 set. 99% of people lvl 166 and below don't have a +7 anyway. By the time they get their first +7 set, this idea would be useless.
It's something called stat caps for PvP/BvB. If you even had a slight idea how OP the stats are right now, it's safe to say you would agree with me. Currently, BvB and PvP are both majorly ass ****ed by enormously powerful sets that just make any PvP aspect boring. A stat cap capped at level 172 armor keep things much more fair than any of the sets above those. It's more fair to those who also don't want to grind like a mad-man to max level.

Cooky

Quote from: Epic xD on October 07, 2013, 09:56:53 PM
A stat cap capped at level 172 armor keep things much more fair than any of the sets above those. It's more fair to those who also don't want to grind like a mad-man to max level.

seems like you should have suggested this first?

that would make your idea somewhat useful

Epic xD

October 07, 2013, 10:07:28 PM #6 Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 10:13:32 PM by Epic xD
^Okay, I added that suggestion to with the current one. In my opinion, this kind of stuff is really self-explanatory because it's never fun to play some player with OP items. I also don't think it is fun to play with OP items either, but most players do this because they must in order to stand a chance. I also made the stats at the Raid level, but in PvP/BvB the stats should at the very least be capped in OP tag rooms.

Reviax

+100 for stat caps in PvP, OP stuff=Not fun

Although with this... We're going to have low leveled players with extremely strong armor. If a C.A.T +7 set's stats cap at raid armor stats, we're going to have level 20 Patches with ridiculous TA and TD. Unless the level requirement also changes when the armor prestiges.

xXassassinXx

Ok this idea is good in your aspect but to me I say fu** it like seriously its not that its dumb but well its useless and a waste of time the Admin's and GM's and whoever else will never get back. The idea is confusing in all ways to me the hammer head set for patch was designed for low levels so that is what it is used for. I see your saying that It could be someone favorite set and they may wanna use them in a higher level or mode but again this is a large problem in my perspective. Great idea man keep em coming. ;D
I LIKE TWAINS!!!
bully exterminator,Flaming master :F ;D~~~~~~~

Epic xD

October 08, 2013, 01:04:08 AM #9 Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 01:06:13 AM by Epic xD
Quote from: Reviax on October 08, 2013, 12:02:49 AM
+100 for stat caps in PvP, OP stuff=Not fun

Although with this... We're going to have low leveled players with extremely strong armor. If a C.A.T +7 set's stats cap at raid armor stats, we're going to have level 20 Patches with ridiculous TA and TD. Unless the level requirement also changes when the armor prestiges.
Actually, that's not the case. A large amount of a Bot's stats come from its level. Even if a level 1 had armor with stats of raid, that Bot would still have 3k HP, which is nothing in terms of BC standards. Also, their power would be much less. A level one does literally ~20-40 per hit with no armor, while higher levels do at least a couple hundred more. However, it would still probably be a good idea to change the level requirements if people do not agree with what I've said (which is definitely true lool).

Materger

+1 very interesting suggestion i like it.

squirtle! squirtle! 

-EGK-

MedicaL

Epic xD

October 08, 2013, 01:23:07 AM #12 Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 01:25:17 AM by Epic xD
Quote from: nanak tatum on October 08, 2013, 01:21:20 AM
What is the point of Raid armor then? You're supposed to play sector/raid to get new armor/better armor.
It's really difficult to get +7 armor. Also, I'm saying it should take a lot of time to actually obtain the stats of raid armor. Obviously the time to first make your +7 set (since no one sells sets like CAT+7) and then you'd have to rank it up takes a lot of time. Besides, not everyone necessarily likes the raid armor. I find that every single Bot looking the exact same is really lame.

To put things into context:
I got a raid part in like 20 minutes. If I honestly cared enough to find a room that would let me in and actually play raid (which I strongly dislike), I could get raid armor extremely quickly. It would take much longer to "prestige" CAT +7 armor to the point where it has raid stats than to simply get raid armor in the first place.

Selene

Quote from: Epic xD on October 08, 2013, 01:23:07 AM
Quote from: nanak tatum on October 08, 2013, 01:21:20 AM
What is the point of Raid armor then? You're supposed to play sector/raid to get new armor/better armor.
It's really difficult to get +7 armor. Also, I'm saying it should take a lot of time to actually obtain the stats of raid armor. Obviously the time to first make your +7 set (since no one sells sets like CAT+7) and then you'd have to rank it up takes a lot of time. Besides, not everyone necessarily likes the raid armor. I find that every single Bot looking the exact same is really lame.

To put things into context:
I got a raid part in like 20 minutes. If I honestly cared enough to find a room that would let me in and actually play raid (which I strongly dislike), I could get raid armor extremely quickly. It would take much longer to "prestige" CAT +7 armor to the point where it has raid stats than to simply get raid armor in the first place.
It's easy to get RT1, but not RT2 & RT3.

Epic xD

Fine, you could simply cap the stats at the point of RT1, which make the stats extremely good but not QUITE the maximum. It would also make leveling your low level armor much more time consuming the RT1 armor.

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-