May 03, 2024, 06:16:28 AMLatest Member: Clydepaf
BoutCheetah » Forum » BoutCheetah Community » Tips and Guides » How to adjust the screen resolution of BoutCheetah [Tutorial]

How to adjust the screen resolution of BoutCheetah [Tutorial]

Started by Jeffalo13, July 22, 2011, 07:51:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeffalo13

BEFORE DOING ANY OF THIS, MAKE SURE YOUR GAME IS CLOSED.

1)  Open cmd.exe/Run and type in "regedit", then press enter.
2)  Double-click on "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE".
3)  Double-click on "SOFTWARE".
4)  If you find "N-Log Soft" in this folder, select it and move to step 6.  If you do not, scroll down to "Wow6432Node" and double-click it.
5)  Scroll down to "N-Log Soft".  Double-click it.
6)  Double-click "Bots".
7)  Now, somewhere in the open space to the right of the registry values, right-click.  Select "New", then "DWORD (32-bit) Value".  Do this twice.
)  Rename one "Screen Height".  Rename the other "Screen Width".
9)  Once you have named them both, right click on one and click "Modify...".
10)  Under "Base", select Decimal.  Make sure you do this before continuing, it's important.  Then, in the "Value data:" box, type in the desired width/height of your BoutCheetah game.  After this is done, click "OK".
YOU CAN ONLY MAKE THE RESOLUTION AS LARGE AS YOUR SCREEN, MEANING, IF YOU HAVE A 1366x768 SCREEN, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PLAY BoutCheetah IN 1920x1080.
11)  Repeat step 10 on the other registry value you made, and click "OK".
12)  Once you have completed this, close the Registry Editor and restart your BoutCheetah client.  Enjoy playing BOTS in HD!!
  I'M ON MY WORST BEHAVIOR

Toast

LightRequiem

Right click on your desktop click 'resolution/screen resolution/screen' w/e it is and you'll see it?

Toast

Quote from: LightRequiem on July 22, 2011, 07:58:16 PM
Right click on your desktop click 'resolution/screen resolution/screen' w/e it is and you'll see it?

Nope.

Jeffalo13

Go to the Control Panel, go to the Display/Resolution section, and look at what you are using.  If you increase the resolution, you will be able to increase the size of the BOTS window.
  I'M ON MY WORST BEHAVIOR

Imbluelike

When I launched the Client, the screen ended up saying there was an "error" and asked to report it to Microsoft. What should I do?
Cool kids ~_~

"Life is like chocolate, you never know what you're gonna get."-Forrest Gump

LightRequiem

you've to made it windowed first > Use Windows Mode > decimaal > 1 > ok

try dat

Jeffalo13

Quote from: Imbluelike on July 22, 2011, 08:45:27 PM
When I launched the Client, the screen ended up saying there was an "error" and asked to report it to Microsoft. What should I do?

Also, if the values you set are larger than your resolution, you will get an error.  It's like trying to watch HD on a SD TV.
  I'M ON MY WORST BEHAVIOR

LightRequiem

Quote from: Jeffalo13 on July 22, 2011, 09:32:06 PM
Quote from: Imbluelike on July 22, 2011, 08:45:27 PM

Also, if the values you set are larger than your resolution, you will get an error.  It's like trying to watch HD on a SD TV.

not really.. works fine if i set it 2000x1000 if my reso is like 1000x500, i wont get an error

optisum1

Ty, this helped me out a lot, Ive been trying to figure this out for a while :).

Cheapest Coins Shop!

| Bot: Patch | Level: 270 | Guild: Sympathy |
| Sympathy - Silence - Utopia Veteran |

Click

Thanks, it helped me, and for those of you who dont know what their screen res is, go to google and type "what is my screen resolution".
I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Click

I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

mhj

Now make a guide about 3D for BC 8).

@vortax
Try doing the steps again & take your time.

|More than ten people a year are killed by vending machines.|

koolwolf2

Newest one:

BoutRoodi

This should be disabled because people can see more in PVP which gives an advantage. And also it didn't work for me.
IGN: Roodi
Level: 150
Guild: none

Rossbach

Quote from: BoutRoodi on August 22, 2011, 10:57:00 AM
This should be disabled because people can see more in PVP which gives an advantage. And also it didn't work for me.

They can't see farther. LOL you want it disabled because you can't do it.... It is easy.

Omnomnom eating toast.

mo9

ZeaL Rank 1 BvB, just because

vv secks box

zepher1

http://www.mediafire.com/?mw80m5zcdtds8iq

^ That rar contains one registry entry that will modify it to my resolution size, the other one will change it back to 800x600

NeoKiller

Quote from: zepher1 on August 23, 2011, 07:30:14 AM
http://www.mediafire.com/?mw80m5zcdtds8iq

^ That rar contains one registry entry that will modify it to my resolution size, the other one will change it back to 800x600
What is your resolution size ?

Allie

It is disallowed and bannable, however I never took action against it.
It will be patched soon (I planned to patch it a long time ago but never did so).
This is considered hiddenware, and it does give you an advantage by allowing your screen to show more than it previously could.

My definition of hiddenware: the use of an edited client in any way (mostly bannable in any beneficial way).
Editing the registries without a client function to do so is a bannable offense, though we allow window mode registry to be edited.

hawk5005

Quote from: Allie on August 23, 2011, 10:18:37 AM
It will be patched soon (I planned to patch it a long time ago but never did so).
This is considered hiddenware, and it does give you an advantage by allowing your screen to show more than it previously could.

My definition of hiddenware: the use of an edited client in any way (mostly bannable in any beneficial way).
Editing the registries without a client function to do so is a bannable offense, though we allow window mode registry to be edited.
I may be blind but I can't see anything more with 1024 x 768 than with 800 x 600 ( default ) ... :-\

Scythe

I got all the files from my home computer then put it in my flash drive then put it in some other computer without installing then it automaticly was full screen always :))
Don't think, feel

Allie

Quote from: hawk5005 on August 23, 2011, 11:27:53 AM

I may be blind but I can't see anything more with 1024 x 768 than with 800 x 600 ( default ) ... :-\

You are.

BoutRoodi

Quote from: BoutRoodiThis should be disabled because people can see more in PVP which gives an advantage.
Quote from: RossbachThey can't see farther.
Quote from: Allieand it does give you an advantage by allowing your screen to show more than it previously could.
IGN: Roodi
Level: 150
Guild: none

hawk5005

Quote from: Allie on August 23, 2011, 11:34:27 AM

You are.
Or am I?
1024 x 768:

800 x 600:

Nope, can't see further.

Rossbach

Quote from: Allie on August 23, 2011, 11:34:27 AM

You are.

As Grim proved you can't see farther. Also if you do that the quality on BC videos will decrease by a lot.

So we can use a small windowed mode, or a big full screen one... But we can't even use one in between. .-.

If you you make this against the rules then you should make windowed also against the rules as it is also editing the registries without a client function.

Omnomnom eating toast.

GavinGill

Tbh, you were able to change the resolution to give you a bigger view of the map. ie. If you left the height at like 600px, you could then increase the width till it went from one end of your screen to the other.

@ Allie/RedEyes: I think everyone would be better off if you allowed certain presets or a certain height:width ratio. As long as the height is changed accordingly, width changes won't give players a larger field of vision. That way people can adjust the resolution as they see fit without gaining an unfair advantage. Everyone's happy.
-----
Seriously Allie, things would be a lot simpler if you would just give me my mod powers back. It's not like I'm about to abuse them, even when I was a Mod I used them sparingly. =/

"You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today."
"A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is
done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves."

mo9

what the green dude said
+1

and tbh play da game and u can get a gm position =\
ZeaL Rank 1 BvB, just because

vv secks box

iwasbobo

The reason that you are unable to see any further with 1024x768 is because it is essentially the same thing as 800x600.

1024/768

800/600

However, take a different set of numbers, such as 1000x500, and the view of the screen actually changes.

In theory, the way to see the largest amount of the screen is two equal numbers, such as 700x700. However, being able to view horizontally is usually considered more important, which is why it is normally the larger number.

Quote from: Pokeh'this is called the blockimus-glieicha, also known as the block glitch'

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-