May 02, 2024, 07:56:39 AMLatest Member: mori
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other BoutCheetah Stuff » Feedback/Rants » A few inappropriate ads

A few inappropriate ads

Started by HyperShadic6, June 19, 2014, 04:22:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HyperShadic6

When you are  on the community tab of the website, you can see some ads, just below your account name and stuff. Sometimes, those ads are inappropriate. What I mean is like half-nude people.
Since this forum is supposedly child-friendly, why do we have these ads?

medchiller

Um the reason that there are inappropriate ads is for 2 main reasons. 1 being that they don't have much control over the ads displayed on the site. 2 Google uses something called "adchoices" This makes you see ads specified to you. The ads you see are determined by the websites you visit and the things you click.

I've never personally seen any inappropriate ads but maybe that's because my browser history is a bit cleaner than yours. Lol.

That was a joke btw. There is also a random factor to the ads you see. You're right BoutCheetah is supposed to be a child friendly environment but it's a business before it's a game. Just gotta remember that ;)

HyperShadic6

Quote from: medchiller on June 19, 2014, 04:33:43 AM
Um the reason that there are inappropriate ads is for 2 main reasons. 1 being that they don't have much control over the ads displayed on the site. 2 Google uses something called "adchoices" This makes you see ads specified to you. The ads you see are determined by the websites you visit and the things you click.

I've never personally seen any inappropriate ads but maybe that's because my browser history is a bit cleaner than yours. Lol.

That was a joke btw. There is also a random factor to the ads you see. You're right BoutCheetah is supposed to be a child friendly environment but it's a business before it's a game. Just gotta remember that ;)
oh. Thanks for the explanation.

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-