May 04, 2024, 11:37:21 AMLatest Member: PatriciaMas
BoutCheetah » Forum » BoutCheetah Community » General Discussion » The state of the Web Client?

The state of the Web Client?

Started by BlackSrarz, December 06, 2012, 05:46:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackSrarz

When will the game be playable on the web client? have you tried to convert it to unity 3d?(if possible)
Last time we had the web client it was just a  chat emulation, wil it be the whole game next time?
I love the idea of you guys n gals making this web client for us.
I heard somthing about a 1 gb limitation, but unity dont have such (i guess).
So whats the current state of the Web Client? Is anyone working on it?
Thanks.
Have fun!

Styx

December 06, 2012, 07:07:07 AM #1 Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 07:10:43 AM by Styx
The idea of the webclient was to be in the lobby to chat via the website, not to reconstruct the whole game engine to work on a browser.

Convert the game using Unity as a platform? You're crazy :|.

Allie

There are only two admins with the ability to actually "work" on something.
One of them happens to only work on administrative affairs outside of high-staff's eyes, sketching out what'd be good for the game and what'd be bad for it. And also spends a good 20 hours of the day on WoW.
The other one of them happens to be incredibly lazy lately, yet primarily working on future updates that aren't released to anyone outside the high-staff whatsoever yet.

Our past month has been on dedicated on two things. One of them I cannot tell you yet. The other is a major future update that we've been planning on for awhile. The problem is, we just realized after a month of work that the entire basis of our concept causes a major memory leak. The past week has been trying to fix it, but we've failed. Completely.

In other words, the entirety of November was a waste.

Sanity

Quote from: Allie on December 06, 2012, 07:03:51 PM

In other words, the entirety of November was a waste.

haha, happens to the best of us

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-