May 03, 2024, 12:55:33 PMLatest Member: CharlesSuife
BoutCheetah » Forum » Zylon Gaming » Updates » Bot Stract Patch

Bot Stract Patch

Started by Allie, September 29, 2011, 02:31:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allie

September 29, 2011, 02:31:24 AM Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 02:32:43 AM by Santa
For a long time, we have been debating over what to do with this..
Bot Stract giving players too much of an overpowered advantage, we've finally come to a decision.

From hereon, the cap for stat bonuses are now 3000 instead of 5000. The amount of stract per stat bonus has also been increased to 1000 instead of 250.

This means, in other words, you will need 3,000,000 bot stract to reach the maximum of 3000 stat bonus given.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you, and we know it was a hard decision to make as it will severely affect the value of stract, however this must be done.

In other news..
Several in-game commands have been modified:
@kick <botname> now works in sector at all times, pvp/base only when a player is actually dead*
@suicide will no longer let you suicide when your already dead
*Naturally only the room master can kick players whilst in-game.

Gramps

So for all those who sold everything to get bs, it's a big **** you?   'scuse my language. Would of been better to stop people farming it and left it the way it was.

^^meaty, muncay, zom & kenny <3

Meteor

You have no idea how long I've been waiting for a bs nerf update . <3 ya Allie :D

(click to show/hide)

Gramps

Quote from: Meteor on September 29, 2011, 06:10:15 AM
You have no idea how long I've been waiting for a bs nerf update . <3 ya Allie :D

Wasn't about you, my post, ahh forget it.

Meteor

Quote from: Gramps on September 29, 2011, 06:26:49 AM

Wut.

(click to show/hide)

koonen1

Quote from: Allie on September 29, 2011, 02:31:24 AM
For a long time, we have been debating over what to do with this..
Bot Stract giving players too much of an overpowered advantage, we've finally come to a decision.

From hereon, the cap for stat bonuses are now 3000 instead of 5000. The amount of stract per stat bonus has also been increased to 1000 instead of 250.

This means, in other words, you will need 3,000,000 bot stract to reach the maximum of 3000 stat bonus given.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you, and we know it was a hard decision to make as it will severely affect the value of stract, however this must be done.

In other news..
Several in-game commands have been modified:
@kick <botname> now works in sector at all times, pvp/base only when a player is actually dead*
@suicide will no longer let you suicide when your already dead
*Naturally only the room master can kick players whilst in-game.
this is so dum whos ever gone get 3 mill bs?

Styx

HA ha ha ha ha.

man this is hilariously funny.

I don't even get it.

Gramps

Quote from: Meteor on September 29, 2011, 06:31:40 AM
Quote from: Gramps on September 29, 2011, 06:26:49 AM

Wut.

You saying it makes you happy. What about all those who have sold everything they have just to get some bs. Bad idea is bad.

Scythe

*sigh* this will cause lots of flaming and drama now...
Don't think, feel

Gramps

Flames will be deleted. Can't stop the drama a decision like this will cause.

Meteor

Think about how many people actually have a big amount of bs. Probably about 10-15. Now think about all the others that don't have many bs and have a huge disadvantage towards the others. Would it be fair for someone with low bs to pvp with someone that does 2500 gun dmg?

(click to show/hide)

Yz

good idea, now those nubs with 1mil+BS won't be ale to hax grind/pvp D:<
DISCORD killyzkill

Gramps

Simply don't pvp with those "few". Doesn't change what i posted above.

Meteor

Quote from: Gramps on September 29, 2011, 07:41:04 AM
Simply don't pvp with those "few". Doesn't change what i posted above.
Those "few" are one of the most active pvpers (e.g. grim) >.>

(click to show/hide)

Gramps

Play or don't play them, i don't really care. Point still stands.

hawk5005

Meteor don't qq, I never use dark meto in pvp, I always use double beam.
As for the update, it sucks.
Wouldn't it been easier to just disable bs in pvp instead of nerfing it so much?

Yz

Quote from: hawk5005 on September 29, 2011, 08:00:38 AM
Wouldn't it been easier to just disable bs in pvp instead of nerfing it so much?

they werent able to
DISCORD killyzkill

Click

This update sucks, now bs almost has no affect or benefit at all, and in order for you to actually see and feel it's power, you have to gather 3m atleast.....
I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

RedNeon

i feel like wasting my bs now

hawk5005

Quote from: Yz on September 29, 2011, 08:09:12 AM
Quote from: hawk5005 on September 29, 2011, 08:00:38 AM

they werent able to
Couldn't it be like a new tag or something?

Meta

lol u guys depend on bs for playing better, i see this as a good thing, good luck hovering for 3mil bs ;o

Scythe

Meteor when people are OP with bs u just have to deal with it srsly,because its like their reward for working hard for those BS
I feel sorry for all those people who had 1m+ bs
Don't think, feel

KEUM0123

You saying it makes you happy. What about all those who have sold everything they have just to get some bs. Bad idea is bad.    +3

anyway, delete or not? Being worried .

Taintedblood

Ouch, thats going to make a lot of people rage. :P.
IGN: Tainted | TaintedScars
Lvl :  232      | 160

AlttsAlt

September 29, 2011, 10:44:46 AM #24 Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 10:47:07 AM by AlttsAlt
qq ***s what about less active players?

It really should geared towards the average player, not some people who play this game too much.  I'd rather have >90% of the population happy than have like 5-10 people happy.
Ryan Bonzo

Member of:

IGN: OG BonzoDawg

kaos555

September 29, 2011, 10:55:25 AM #25 Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 11:03:18 AM by kaos555
Well, I'm a person that has never had a massive amount of bs of my own, yet  I think this update was worse then making +7, I mean those people with massive amounts of bs had to have earned it or bought it, now all they've earned making the money that they bought the bs with is gone, and if they earned all there hard work has gone down the shitter. C'mon the least you can do is make it lower then 3mil o-o.

K i go to school now.

The path is open.

Taintedblood

It would be nice if it was 500 bs, = 1 instead of 1k.

mhj

Sick...
Also @kick is of no use if the player must be dead. I would only use it if a player is in the way or something that annoys me.

|More than ten people a year are killed by vending machines.|

hawk5005

September 29, 2011, 11:51:00 AM #28 Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 11:56:50 AM by hawk5005
Quote from: AlttsAlt on September 29, 2011, 10:44:46 AM

It really should geared towards the average player, not some people who play this game too much.  I'd rather have >90% of the population happy than have like 5-10 people happy.
How is >90% of the population happy?
The people with massive amounts of BS are still overpowered.
The Number of max bs was increasead and now instead of 250->1 is 1000->1, it's the same thing, the proportions didn't change ONLY for those with 1mil + bs, it changed for everyone.

As for the update, as Gramps and Keum said, this is a lame update for everyone who sold everything they had in order to have that "OP" advantage, mostly in sector, not pvp.

This whole update is because of Dark Meto being OP in the last update and making people beat the timer and cry in pvp when someone hits them for over 2.5k dmg.
It would be better if we never had any of these 2 updates.

Quote from: mhj on September 29, 2011, 11:09:55 AM
Sick...
Also @kick is of no use if the player must be dead. I would only use it if a player is in the way or something that annoys me.
If you would lose in pvp in a 1v1 you could just kick the other player, so this is a good thing.

mhj

Quote from: hawk5005 on September 29, 2011, 11:51:00 AM
Quote from: AlttsAlt on September 29, 2011, 10:44:46 AM

It really should geared towards the average player, not some people who play this game too much.  I'd rather have >90% of the population happy than have like 5-10 people happy.
How is >90% of the population happy?
The people with massive amounts of BS are still overpowered.
The Number of max bs was increasead and now instead of 250->1 is 1000->1, it's the same thing, the proportions didn't change ONLY for those with 1mil + bs, it changed for everyone.

As for the update, as Gramps and Keum said, this is a lame update for everyone who sold everything they had in order to have that "OP" advantage, mostly in sector, not pvp.

This whole update is because of Dark Meto being OP in the last update and making people beat the timer and cry in pvp when someone hits them for over 2.5k dmg.
It would be better if we never had any of these 2 updates.

Quote from: mhj on September 29, 2011, 11:09:55 AM
Sick...
If you would lose in pvp in a 1v1 you could just kick the other player, so this is a good thing.

Don't care about pvp Hawk. You should start using your time grinding like me!

hawk5005

Quote from: mhj on September 29, 2011, 11:56:11 AM
Don't care about pvp Hawk. You should start using your time grinding like me!
I did use it, last Sunday when I got Toast banned, but now I can't anymore.
Anyway, let's go back on topic.

Santa

Another reason for this update, was that people were getting banned falsely for beating the timer, because of the bot stract boost.

Taintedblood

September 29, 2011, 02:48:23 PM #32 Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 02:48:44 PM by Taintedblood
Red, don't u think its a bit nerfed too much?

Santa

Quote from: Taintedblood on September 29, 2011, 02:48:23 PM

I don't know to be honest.  We might reverse this soon if I can figure a way to remove it from pvp/base only.

Zack66775

I like the suicide and the @kick update but I really don't see why there wasn't warning for the BS update. I mean people payed so much for just 1K. 1K=2million gigas last time I checked and now the 20 million some wasted just to buy..... Maybe 40 stat bonus now only get 10? Seriously glad I didn't waste any on buying before this happened.

Goals:
100 posts [X] 500 posts [X] 1000 posts [X] 1500 posts [ ] 2000 posts [] Member [] << D:
Forum Mod [ ]

Santa

September 29, 2011, 03:09:56 PM #35 Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 03:20:01 PM by Santa
Quote from: Zack66775 on September 29, 2011, 03:06:56 PM
I like the suicide and the @kick update but I really don't see why there wasn't warning for the BS update. I mean people payed so much for just 1K. 1K=2million gigas last time I checked and now the 20 million some wasted just to buy..... Maybe 40 stat bonus now only get 10? Seriously glad I didn't waste any on buying before this happened.

We knew this would happen, but I honestly didnt think it was this big of a deal.  This update will end up getting reversed probably, but people will have to understand that something needs to be done to lessen the affects of it.  Adding stats to botstract was a huge mistake to begin with. :\  It's like hacking when you have that much bot stract.

Edit: and even if we did give notice to things like this happening, it would basically start a war to not do it. :\  So I have no idea how to just tell someone that this is going to happen when I know people aren't going to like it.

Zack66775

Noted. So make it 1000 per +1 and just make it easier to get. Maybe reduce the stat bonus to 2000+ max and make an infinite cap? Just saying, cause at this moment it is so hard to get and the only people that will have is people that did have. Something along those lines. Most of community isn't happy with update just for that fact that with the tags and pushing you can't find BS so it's worthless. Trust me though, because I have seen how fast 215 goes when a player has major amounts.

Goals:
100 posts [X] 500 posts [X] 1000 posts [X] 1500 posts [ ] 2000 posts [] Member [] << D:
Forum Mod [ ]

hawk5005

Couldn't there be a no bs tag?
Or a limited bs tag.
Such as: {nb} that would reduce the maximum trans gauge of a ram to the max tg a +7 elektra ram with no bs can have. Same thing with trans attack and gun damage.

Zack66775

September 29, 2011, 03:32:13 PM #38 Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 03:32:37 PM by Zack66775
Quote from: hawk5005 on September 29, 2011, 03:26:22 PM
Or a limited bs tag.
Such as: {nb} that would reduce the maximum trans gauge of a ram to the max tg a +7 elektra ram with no bs can have. Same thing with trans attack and gun damage.

Would be good but you have to factor in how OP it is when you sector with major BS.

Goals:
Forum Mod [ ]

hawk5005

Quote from: Zack66775 on September 29, 2011, 03:32:13 PM
Quote from: hawk5005 on September 29, 2011, 03:26:22 PM
Or a limited bs tag.

Would be good but you have to factor in how OP it is when you sector with major BS.
Quote from: Santa on September 29, 2011, 02:51:06 PM
Quote from: Taintedblood on September 29, 2011, 02:48:23 PM

I don't know to be honest.  We might reverse this soon if I can figure a way to remove it from pvp/base only.

Taintedblood

Quote from: Zack66775 on September 29, 2011, 03:21:31 PM
Noted. So make it 1000 per +1 and just make it easier to get. Maybe reduce the stat bonus to 2000+ max and make an infinite cap? Just saying, cause at this moment it is so hard to get and the only people that will have is people that did have. Something along those lines. Most of community isn't happy with update just for that fact that with the tags and pushing you can't find BS so it's worthless. Trust me though, because I have seen how fast 215 goes when a player has major amounts.
Zack, 1.25m bs is the max that adds in for stats before the update, and usually even with only one player with 1.25m bs on 215, would take about 2 minutes, unless u got a surge in there also, with bs.

iwasbobo

Even though I don't play, I find this update to be awesome.

Quote from: Pokeh'this is called the blockimus-glieicha, also known as the block glitch'

Rossbach

September 29, 2011, 10:00:43 PM #42 Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 10:03:22 PM by Rossbach
Quote from: Taintedblood on September 29, 2011, 04:14:23 PM
Quote from: Zack66775 on September 29, 2011, 03:21:31 PM
Zack, 1.25m bs is the max that adds in for stats before the update, and usually even with only one player with 1.25m bs on 215, would take about 2 minutes, unless u got a surge in there also, with bs.

.-. Ross with BS before update can solo around 50 seconds - min. Nubs with BS take 1:15 to 2 mins at most. Ross without BS and playing with some nub who has BS can get a time of 50 - 1:10 seconds. 4 Ross' with BS can get you 15 - 30 seconds.

Omnomnom eating toast.

DamDatNerd

gawd i knew something like dis was going to happen but my nice self gave away bs -___- im not fond of the update but i wont complain about it

zepher2211

Quote from: DamDatNerd on September 29, 2011, 10:34:59 PM
gawd i knew something like dis was going to happen but my nice self gave away bs -___- im not fond of the update but i wont complain about it

^ And he's one of the ram trans abusers, if he isn't complaining why are you? :P
Powersurge
Headstrong

sasuke6548

i hate this update only because its harder to get bs -_-

Rossbach

Quote from: sasuke6548 on September 29, 2011, 11:10:21 PM

Nothing was changed to make it  harder to get BS. In fact this update will make it more easy for BS because most people will likely sell theirs. Ofc Ross knows what you actually meant but you worded it horrible.

Omnomnom eating toast.

sasuke6548

they are not gonna sell bs more often they gonna save cuz its harder to get

Rossbach

Quote from: sasuke6548 on September 29, 2011, 11:39:08 PM
they are not gonna sell bs more often they gonna save cuz its harder to get

Naw, just watch.

Omnomnom eating toast.

spiderstar

Wasn't BS basically the main source of currency for bout?  Well if BS is useless (sorta) then what are we gonna trade stuff for? Idk it might be a dumb question but I feel like this just killed the main currency for bout....

Yz

Quote from: spiderstar on September 30, 2011, 04:44:37 AM
Wasn't BS basically the main source of currency for bout?  Well if BS is useless (sorta) then what are we gonna trade stuff for? Idk it might be a dumb question but I feel like this just killed the main currency for bout....

BC* and gigas are used almost as much as BS, now it's balanced out. Lol @ randoms thinking this update will be a big dramatic thing.
DISCORD killyzkill

thekompostas

this update isnt good in my opinion i wasnt having that much bs i sold my dark surge E set for 930k i knew the update but i thing the best u can do is what grim said or to reduce it 500=1 stat but 1000=1 stat is WAY MUCH i damage 886 damage with light gun +5 dark surge arm 930kbs and full set with gun damage thats WAY SMALL damage for the amount of bs and the items :///

RAUDOG

Quote from: Santa on September 29, 2011, 03:09:56 PM

We knew this would happen, but I honestly didnt think it was this big of a deal.  This update will end up getting reversed probably, but people will have to understand that something needs to be done to lessen the affects of it.  Adding stats to botstract was a huge mistake to begin with. :\  It's like hacking when you have that much bot stract.

Edit: and even if we did give notice to things like this happening, it would basically start a war to not do it. :\  So I have no idea how to just tell someone that this is going to happen when I know people aren't going to like it.
Very bad update indeed, to many people had worked very hard to get there bs also have sold many items for bs, not a fair deal at all.
@Edit, people that spend money here should be warned as to what is going to happen in-game point blank.

Iridion

Quote from: RAUDOG on September 30, 2011, 02:57:37 PM
Quote from: Santa on September 29, 2011, 03:09:56 PM

We knew this would happen, but I honestly didnt think it was this big of a deal.  This update will end up getting reversed probably, but people will have to understand that something needs to be done to lessen the affects of it.  Adding stats to botstract was a huge mistake to begin with. :\  It's like hacking when you have that much bot stract.

Very bad update indeed, to many people had worked very hard to get there bs also have sold many items for bs, not a fair deal at all.
@Edit, people that spend money here should be warned as to what is going to happen in-game point blank.

haha spent time for useless shit? hahahaha? hahaha!

Quote from: Madproxyes because Iri & Kp can change the rules!
thats how we roll maddie

koolwolf2

Luckly I sold all mine a long time ago

Newpie FTW!!!

Quote from: Rossbach on September 29, 2011, 11:36:08 PM
Quote from: sasuke6548 on September 29, 2011, 11:10:21 PM

Nothing was changed to make it  harder to get BS. In fact this update will make it more easy for BS because most people will likely sell theirs. Ofc Ross knows what you actually meant but you worded it horrible.
All far too lazy people will sell thats true :P
Prolly even cheap
Newest one:

droid zylon1

this is your game and i respect the desisions (sorry i know its spelled rong). whatever you think is best, go for it.

Allie

I hate to be absolutely blunt, but @ you people who "spent all your stuff for the bonuses stract gives you", you still have a higher bonus than you would have, and a higher bonus than everyone with less stract than you.
We did not take away your bonus, nor did we make stract useless, we simply lowered the bonus that it will give you.
Now it is necessary to have more stract for a larger bonus, as the cap has been severely raised; if you want the strongest bonus you can get, then aim for 3Mil stract. Else, shut up and get over it; we did nothing unfairly as you all still get a scaled down version of the bonuses you used to get before the update.

Robocop7ant

it is just making the game more challenge ;]
be happy over it.
<br />

DamDatNerd

Quote from: Robocop7ant on September 30, 2011, 08:37:57 PM
be happy over it.
lol i know that but havent u heard of to challenging ._.

Robocop7ant

Quote from: DamDatNerd on September 30, 2011, 09:59:37 PM
Quote from: Robocop7ant on September 30, 2011, 08:37:57 PM
be happy over it.
lol i know that but havent u heard of to challenging ._.
yeah i have, but it is a reason why they lowered the stats bonus.
so i just agree with it.
<br />

RAUDOG

No one has to agree with this but, Allie does what she wants anyway I can understand why ur not complaining seeing all staff have stronger Armour.

Iridion

Quote from: RAUDOG on September 30, 2011, 11:53:25 PM
No one has to agree with this but, Allie does what she wants anyway I can understand why ur not complaining seeing all staff have stronger Armour.
hahaha cry cry i lost lots of /size/size/size bs /color/color

Quote from: Madproxyes because Iri & Kp can change the rules!
thats how we roll maddie

Gramps

Allie

Quote from: Gramps on September 29, 2011, 05:38:48 AM
So for all those who sold everything to get bs, it's a big **** you?   'scuse my language. Would of been better to stop people farming it and left it the way it was.

Quote from: Allie on September 30, 2011, 05:28:17 PM
I hate to be absolutely blunt, but @ you people who "spent all your stuff for the bonuses stract gives you", you still have a higher bonus than you would have, and a higher bonus than everyone with less stract than you.
We did not take away your bonus, nor did we make stract useless, we simply lowered the bonus that it will give you.
Now it is necessary to have more stract for a larger bonus, as the cap has been severely raised; if you want the strongest bonus you can get, then aim for 3Mil stract. Else, shut up and get over it; we did nothing unfairly as you all still get a scaled down version of the bonuses you used to get before the update.

Your point stands pretty damn low.

eco999

I like dis update even thought I don't play. No more op ***s.

Gramps

Johhny spends £1 on 10 apples, puts them aside. Returns to find 2.5 apples. Johhny, quite rightfully is pissed off. Get it yet?

Allie

October 01, 2011, 12:12:26 PM #66 Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 12:12:43 PM by Allie
It's more like this un-lawful example.
Johnny spends 1$ on 10 apples, puts them aside. Returns to find that ten apples now fill his hunger as much as 5 originally would have. Quite rightfully, Johnny is annoyed that he now needs more apples.

Gramps

No it's not. Pointless arguing with someone who can't be wrong.Out.

Allie

I didn't change how many apples johnny had, I changed the effect of each apple.

coolkaran100

Uhhh k ill try 2 get 2 mill den 3 mill :P i only got 1.2 mill

Banned for halo push pro.

Allie

Quote from: RAUDOG on September 30, 2011, 11:53:25 PM

forgot to reply to this.
--> staff set is weaker than elektra+7, so ya...staff set is surely op compared to elektra+7. lynch the staff set users!

droid zylon1

get member and det +6 or +7 elektra and ur arrmor will be stronger

Yz

People complain about OPness and now this stuff is getting fixed and there's more complaining. There will always be an unhappy group of people with each nerf, but it's almost always necessary. Just accept how it is and move on.
DISCORD killyzkill

Click

So many useless and pointless posts on this topic. If your no consediring to change it back, then just lock this.

hawk5005

Quote from: Forbiden on October 02, 2011, 07:40:18 AM
So many useless and pointless posts on this topic. If your no consediring to change it back, then just lock this.
The announcement threads are left open for a period of time so that people would comment and say what they think about the update.
Locking this topic would only make more people angrier.
Also, Santa said that he would change things back if he would find a way to disable BS in PvP and Base.

Yz

October 03, 2011, 06:24:52 AM #75 Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 06:25:17 AM by Yz
Take it to PM no more warnings
DISCORD killyzkill

Click

Quote from: hawk5005 on October 02, 2011, 07:55:36 AM
Quote from: Forbiden on October 02, 2011, 07:40:18 AM
The announcement threads are left open for a period of time so that people would comment and say what they think about the update.
Locking this topic would only make more people angrier.
Also, Santa said that he would change things back if he would find a way to disable BS in PvP and Base.
Ok, i wish that santa could disable bs in pvp and base, because that is the best solution.

KEUM0123

Always strive for bout Thanks to Santa .

I had worried like  Santa, Allia.

I thought ,Any necessary adjustments of any kind is needed,

But the width of adjustments is  too big.

It's not legitimate .

Apple , so what value ?

Anyway, the value of bs is really fell a lot .

There are a victim of the line ...... It is obvious wrongs .

3,000,000 ? That 's kids' names ?

Adjustments must stay clear .

Santa

Hello, just so everyone knows, a update will be rolled out soon to make a lot of you happy.  I will be removing the effects of botstract from pvp / base.  Though, this may take me a while to do, so please everyone just be patient!

Thanks!

Click

Quote from: Santa on October 03, 2011, 03:02:57 PM
Hello, just so everyone knows, a update will be rolled out soon to make a lot of you happy.  I will be removing the effects of botstract from pvp / base.  Though, this may take me a while to do, so please everyone just be patient!

Thanks!
Wooohooo, Thank you Santa (and god) This is much better :D :D !

Santa

Quote from: Forbiden on October 03, 2011, 03:05:05 PM

Thanks!

Yes, but we still intend to modify the bot stract limit to like

2 mil, which gives 5000 stat.  I'm not exactly sure what number we intend on using yet, but it will make you all happier than now probably.

Robocop7ant

Quote from: Santa on October 03, 2011, 03:10:06 PM

Thanks!

2 mil, which gives 5000 stat.  I'm not exactly sure what number we intend on using yet, but it will make you all happier than now probably.
between 3800-4200?
lol idk :P
<br />

Click

Quote from: Santa on October 03, 2011, 03:10:06 PM

Thanks!

Ok cool, but it's still better than the way it is right now. Thanks again santy :D

koolwolf2

Nerf changed to adjustment
Newest one:

mhj

Thanks!

No... Now I am sure not to win another pvp match in my life :O

Toast

Thanks!

i love u
i can finally grind without low stats :3

Allie

Changing it back would be nailing this game in the face.
;\

Zack66775

It looks like this update caused good and bad things :/ Mixed feelings everywhere

Goals:
Forum Mod [ ]

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-