May 17, 2024, 11:38:46 AMLatest Member: Kitresano
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other » Off Topic » android software problem

android software problem

Started by NeoKiller, November 21, 2011, 12:01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeoKiller

Well, I was notified by my mobile phone (Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc) that there is a software update.
So I downloaded it and wanted to install it. My Phone rebooted which is normal. But afterwards it says "Software couldn't get installed".
I tried it over my computer with an usb cable which didn't work as well.
It might be because my phone is rooted and I deleted some system software which wasn't too important I guess. But I'm not sure.

Can anyone help me  please ?

koolwolf2

Me is no pro at this but u can try reinstalling the shit u deleted then retrying the update and btw did it say this when u tried it over ur pc?

Installation error

Couldn't install on USB storage or SD card

http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/04/19/fixing-the-couldnt-install-on-usb-storage-or-sd-card-problem-on-android/

Try this It might work and don't mess with ur system software =3

Gl ;P
Newest one:

NeoKiller

November 21, 2011, 12:38:08 PM #2 Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 12:39:38 PM by NeoKiller
Quote from: koolwolf2 on November 21, 2011, 12:33:32 PM
Me is no pro at this but u can try reinstalling the shit u deleted then retrying the update and btw did it say this when u tried it over ur pc?

Installation error

Couldn't install on USB storage or SD card

http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/04/19/fixing-the-couldnt-install-on-usb-storage-or-sd-card-problem-on-android/

Try this It might work and don't mess with ur system software =3

Gl ;P
Well, your link is for errors at installing apps but I want to update the whole software.
Besides I would need to flash my whole system in order to get back the system apps which takes some time and deletes all my current apps.
I could backup them but there are some games where I don't wanna loose the savings :S

koolwolf2

Yeah I would do what u said lol no savings and an android or no android and savings  3=

Newest one:

NeoKiller

Quote from: koolwolf2 on November 21, 2011, 12:39:01 PM
Yeah I would do what u said lol no savings and an android or no android and savings  3=
Well before I try that I wanna know if there are other possibilities.
Also it's not like I have no android but I want to have the new version because of its advantages.
Also I'm not even sure if it's ebcause of the deleted system apps, maybe it's just cause myphone is rooted and I'd need to deroot it.
I just wanna know from soneone who actually has an idea about that what the problem is.
I could solve it myself, I just don't know why it doesn't work :/

Santa

the best way to solve this issue is by opening the phone up, accidentally cutting a wire, close it back up, and shipping it to the manufacturer saying its broken.

NeoKiller

Quote from: RedEyes on November 21, 2011, 01:04:49 PM
the best way to solve this issue is by opening the phone up, accidentally cutting a wire, close it back up, and shipping it to the manufacturer saying its broken.
2 much work :/

NeoKiller

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-