May 15, 2024, 04:57:02 PMLatest Member: adlerFoes
BoutCheetah » Forum » BoutCheetah Community » ScreenShots » Nice level Santa :) , so when there wil be a level update ? :D

Nice level Santa :) , so when there wil be a level update ? :D

Started by loewe98, January 08, 2013, 03:22:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yz

you didn't tell me or show me any verification x(

then you are just makin' the source code look worthless. turns out we can do whatever we want if we have the coders/modellers by the sounds of it >_>
DISCORD killyzkill

Allie

Quote from: Yz on January 10, 2013, 09:40:14 PM
you didn't tell me or show me any verification x(

then you are just makin' the source code look worthless. turns out we can do whatever we want if we have the coders/modellers by the sounds of it >_>

We can't modify core functions. Like add deathmatch.
New models (or even bot types, to some extent) aren't core functions.

Yz

With animators, modellers and the source would a new bot type be possible?
DISCORD killyzkill

Allie

yes and no. by to some extent i meant we probly couldn't make the new bot selectable when creating a new bot. however, an entire new model system is probably possible, if changed by db or command.

Pokeh

Quote from: Allie on January 10, 2013, 09:47:10 PM
yes and no. by to some extent i meant we probly couldn't make the new bot selectable when creating a new bot. however, an entire new model system is probably possible, if changed by db or command.

you and tok are equal in this aspect. both talk big but neither really show much to back up what you say.

yeah bc has more updates but if you're capable of so much more, why not.

Allie

Quote from: Pokeh on January 10, 2013, 10:05:15 PM
you and tok are equal in this aspect.

I highly disagree. Tok speaks of being able to do much more, but has never done anything notable. Ever.
We have demonstrated our technology time and time again. If you'll take into consideration what I said before, you'll see "why not".
We learned flawlessly how *most* models work, and can input a new model based on the method N-Log used, such as the Dark Meto. You may see this as a slight edit, but it was a successful test. A test that proved we can change what the models are and have them still functional in-game. Both our reasons for not taking it any further is blatantly obvious - we're at an obviously huge lack of modellers (see our MULTIPLE AMOUNT OF TOPICS ASKING FOR MODELLERS), and at this point we're at a lack of motivation.

You may see us as similar to tok, in that we claim we can do more, but don't do it. But the simple fact is, we have done it. You can't call us out on the things we didn't do and consider it correct.

Cooky

"comparing Tok to Allie.. I dont know man..

Took him 2 months to get rid of a ****in snowman"

-preview of Cookys next rap song

Pokeh

Quote from: Allie on January 10, 2013, 10:11:10 PM
Quote from: Pokeh on January 10, 2013, 10:05:15 PM
you and tok are equal in this aspect.

I highly disagree. Tok speaks of being able to do much more, but has never done anything notable. Ever.
We have demonstrated our technology time and time again. If you'll take into consideration what I said before, you'll see "why not".
We learned flawlessly how *most* models work, and can input a new model based on the method N-Log used, such as the Dark Meto. You may see this as a slight edit, but it was a successful test. A test that proved we can change what the models are and have them still functional in-game. Both our reasons for not taking it any further is blatantly obvious - we're at an obviously huge lack of modellers (see our MULTIPLE AMOUNT OF TOPICS ASKING FOR MODELLERS), and at this point we're at a lack of motivation.

You may see us as similar to tok, in that we claim we can do more, but don't do it. But the simple fact is, we have done it. You can't call us out on the things we didn't do and consider it correct.

Everything you've done, the staff at **** has proved to have done on their test server as well. I'm not bringing shit up or backing anyone, just stating that by saying they're just as capable as BC. Yet though I'm "complaining" per-say simply because BC has the advantageous active staff. Lack of modellers? Didn't you make a program to edit models but couldn't release it in case the other server would get it? I hope you trust your staff at least with it. Betting Meteor could come up with something.

And the motivation is the $$$ man.

On a side note irrelevant to the entire topic, I'm suggesting a simple yearly update that would happen on a fixed date upon when the max level would be raised by 5 or so levels just to keep things interesting for those who still play.

Allie

Quote from: Pokeh on January 11, 2013, 01:23:41 AM
Everything you've done, the staff at Ugly ***gy Waggle Dingle Berrys has proved to have done on their test server as well.

lolwut
this is funny, because its 100% untrue. you really shouldn't believe everything your gods tell you.

Santa

Everything you've done, the staff at Ugly ***gy Waggle Dingle Berrys has proved to have done on their test server as well.

I hate to interject, but how could they have "proved" anything on a test server? Were you invited to see all the magic happen or something?  From my understanding they haven't even fixed the random disconnections while entering a room or even base.  Those are so simple to fix, like even the cavemen from Geico commercials could look at the server source and be like "THEFIRECAMEFROMHEREOMGFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF"

Pokeh

screenshots and test results + previews every now and then for whats going on behind the scenes

ya lul im sucking up so bad hurr durrrrrr

Rossbach

Didn't you make a program to edit models but couldn't release it in case the other server would get it? I hope you trust your staff at least with it. Betting Meteor could come up with something.

Kenny's twin made a program to convert the file types into ones that can be edited (in a editing program), and vise versa. Then they simply used a program they found online to edit it. Met did make DM, however they simply gave him the converted files, not the program to convert them. If the staff or trusted members want to make a model, they can always ask Allie for the file that he can edit. Ross once edited a ram head when all this was new.  ::)

Omnomnom eating toast.

Santa

Quote from: Pokeh on January 11, 2013, 02:00:35 AM
screenshots and test results + previews every now and then for whats going on behind the scenes

ya lul im sucking up so bad hurr durrrrrr

I don't know what kind of behind the scenes access they give you, but when I had access to Cookys staff account on their forums, the only thing that I seen interesting was Ugly ***gy Waggle Dingle Berrys version 2.0, which was basically like leapman's contest entry video that he made for BoutCheetah, and I think leapman did a better job (which was terrible).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxhWGvTx408#ws

Pokeh

lul my point isn't even relevant i'm fairly confident they have the competent coding ability this server has because after all this is basically a pimple dna sample from the original source tok compiled when the game was still up.

not even what my main point was which i was getting across but sure attack me on that one thing i could care less to defend lol

Allie

Quote from: Pokeh on January 11, 2013, 02:18:02 AM
lul my point isn't even relevant i'm fairly confident they have the competent coding ability this server has because after all this is basically a pimple dna sample from the original source tok compiled when the game was still up.

not even what my main point was which i was getting across but sure attack me on that one thing i could care less to defend lol

lulz
it would be a respectable claim if the original source didn't ****in suck. The stability over there compared to here says a lot about the coding, don't even go there.

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-