May 05, 2024, 05:47:32 AMLatest Member: Glennfluof
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other » Off Topic » 1 Year To 2012 Doomsday

1 Year To 2012 Doomsday

Started by Surgeypurgey, January 06, 2011, 01:29:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allie

Hell yeah I do; everyone knows people 5000 years ago were smarter than the smartest scientists of today.

ZeroUH

They just said their calendar will end on that day, like our calendar ends on dec 31.

Xrow

Owat, their calendar doesn't go to infinity??

Iridion

January 06, 2011, 05:20:25 AM #4 Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 05:23:27 AM by Iridion
Quote from: ZeroUH on January 06, 2011, 01:33:06 AM
They just said their calendar will end on that day, like our calendar ends on dec 31.
No, our calendar never ends (a year ends 31 dec.)
BY the way I still don't know what to believe about that, it's similar to the events of 1000 A.D. even though the facts Maya based their theory has been confirmed by some scientists.

Quote from: Madproxyes because Iri & Kp can change the rules!
thats how we roll maddie

hawk5005

January 06, 2011, 08:15:49 AM #5 Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 08:27:16 AM by hawk5005
I don't think it's true , even thought there is a possibility to be true ( the super-volcano under the Yellowstone park in U.S.A. is about to erupt,sooner or later.It's been known that the Yellowstone volcano erupts each 65.000 years,and it's been 70.000 years since the last eruption ) , but it can't be predicted for sure.

Yz

2012 end of the world is due at the end of 2012 so its more like 2 years away

nobs
DISCORD killyzkill

ZeroUH

Quote from: Iridion on January 06, 2011, 05:20:25 AM
No, our calendar never ends (a year ends 31 dec.)
BY the way I still don't know what to believe about that, it's similar to the events of 1000 A.D. even though the facts Maya based their theory has been confirmed by some scientists.

"Q: Does the Mayan calendar end in December 2012?
A: Just as the calendar you have on your kitchen wall does not cease to exist after December 31, the Mayan calendar does not cease to exist on December 21, 2012. This date is the end of the Mayan long-count period but then -- just as your calendar begins again on January 1 -- another long-count period begins for the Mayan calendar."

http://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/2012.html

Iridion

What I mean is there's a difference between mayan calendar ending in 2012 and our calendar: mayan calendar does't "end" in 2012 because the years end but theres an important event in that day.
I think i didn't explain myself very well eh D:

thats how we roll maddie

dstry

Quote from: Tricky on January 06, 2011, 08:24:40 AM
2012 end of the world is due at the end of 2012 so its more like 2 years away

nobs

destroy. Utopia. demented beats. antisocial. bmx. everybody wear a mask. I miss Lyric<3

ZeroUH

Quote from: Iridion on January 06, 2011, 10:26:26 AM
What I mean is there's a difference between mayan calendar ending in 2012 and our calendar: mayan calendar does't "end" in 2012 because the years end but theres an important event in that day.
I think i didn't explain myself very well eh D:

In fact, our caledar really ends on dec 31th. Our count is totally different from mayan count. I guess you are a bit confused on this part.

Xrow

Modern calendars do technically end on the 31st, but they are promptly replaced by a new calendar that begins on January 1st. Its not as though the Mayan calendar could continue indefinitely. It had to have an end. I don't believe it in the slightest.

On the other hand, if it is true that the world will end in 2012, then we should all start reading about Mayan gods and change religions =)

ZeroUH

Quote from: Xrow on January 06, 2011, 12:54:45 PM
Modern calendars do technically end on the 31st, but they are promptly replaced by a new calendar that begins on January 1st. Its not as though the Mayan calendar could continue indefinitely.
Simple and accurate as a head shot. Ahm... I think this is an agressive way to think.

Iridion

thats how we roll maddie

ZeroUH

It's ok, Iridon. Ok... if the end is near, everyone come to my house. FREE BEER! 18+ are welcome. And 18-, don't tell your parents and COME FAST!

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-