Lyric_

I'm not a player I just crush a lot.

Optimism

- Opti -
- Sanctuary Founder | PvP King -
- Retired -

Xrow

Surgeypurgey

When I was little, my brother used to listen to 2Pac, and whenever he said 2Pac, I thought he said 2 ****.

Xrow

Quote from: Surgeypurgey on February 24, 2011, 12:43:31 AM
When I was little, my brother used to listen to 2Pac, and whenever he said 2Pac, I thought he said 2 ****.

I like your sig.

Bounty

|**** a bitch - Respect a women - Love a lady|

123bomb123

Tupac is mad overrated now.
IGN: MisterZ

ZeaL - Rank 1 in antagonizing, just
because.

Rub me out like genies, won't concede til I'm graffiti
Quote from: Yz on January 14, 2012, 06:48:35 PM
mrz is like top 40 and would probly be like
"fuk yeh n00bs im god bow to god''

Jeffalo13

Quote from: Surgeypurgey on February 24, 2011, 05:41:38 PM
Quote from: Xrow on February 24, 2011, 12:45:31 AM
Quote from: Surgeypurgey on February 24, 2011, 12:43:31 AM

I like your sig.

You do have a coolio sig.
  I'M ON MY WORST BEHAVIOR

GavinGill

Quote from: 123bomb123 on February 24, 2011, 02:46:47 AM
He's incredibly underrated now.  ._o Songs like Hit 'Em Up, California Love, etc are overrated by retards who listen to him just because he's Tupac but his plethora of good songs like Changes, Brenda's Got A Baby, etc that served as social commentary or even catalysts for an awakening of a social conscious among the youth are entirely ignored by kids today. You always see some jackass on Youtube going "omg tupac wasn't even good mayne, his lyrics were so simply unlike *insert some horrorcore rapper*." Kids today have a pretty skewed perception of what constitutes as lyricism; to the majority, it's all about how many big words you can use or how many one-liners/punchlines you can throw in (eg. Eminem) instead of the actual message. Shakespeare's regarded as the greatest playwright, not because of the complexity of his pieces (they weren't very complicated when compared to the works of others) but because of the universality of his work, his tendency to focus on the human condition, and the immense influence he had not just on others practicing in his craft, but on the rest of the world too. That, although to a lesser extent, is what Pac did.

That's all lost on kids today though; unless it's a rant about how tough you look in your pretty clothes or it's by Lil Wayne Eminem, to them any and every song is considered to be under-par when it comes to lyricism.

"You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today."
"A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is
done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves."

Surgeypurgey

February 24, 2011, 06:19:47 PM #10 Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 06:20:32 PM by Surgeypurgey
you know, its not our opinion on what others should choose on a type of music, i like techno (deadmau5), and rock, not those songs where they talk about the bitches theyre getting and they start talking about them on a song, where is the rock these days :(

123bomb123

Quote from: GavinGill on February 24, 2011, 06:14:10 PM
Quote from: 123bomb123 on February 24, 2011, 02:46:47 AM
He's incredibly underrated now.  ._o Songs like Hit 'Em Up, California Love, etc are overrated by retards who listen to him just because he's Tupac but his plethora of good songs like Changes, Brenda's Got A Baby, etc that served as social commentary or even catalysts for an awakening of a social conscious among the youth are entirely ignored by kids today. You always see some jackass on Youtube going "omg tupac wasn't even good mayne, his lyrics were so simply unlike *insert some horrorcore rapper*." Kids today have a pretty skewed perception of what constitutes as lyricism; to the majority, it's all about how many big words you can use or how many one-liners/punchlines you can throw in (eg. Eminem) instead of the actual message. Shakespeare's regarded as the greatest playwright, not because of the complexity of his pieces (they weren't very complicated when compared to the works of others) but because of the universality of his work, his tendency to focus on the human condition, and the immense influence he had not just on others practicing in his craft, but on the rest of the world too. That, although to a lesser extent, is what Pac did.

That's all lost on kids today though; unless it's a rant about how tough you look in your pretty clothes or it's by Lil Wayne Eminem, to them any and every song is considered to be under-par when it comes to lyricism.

Long paragraph.. But I read it all and I see your point.
IGN: MisterZ

ZeaL - Rank 1 in antagonizing, just
because.

Rub me out like genies, won't concede til I'm graffiti
Quote from: Yz on January 14, 2012, 06:48:35 PM
mrz is like top 40 and would probly be like
"fuk yeh n00bs im god bow to god''

GavinGill

:P

My knowledge of hip-hop history is not to be ****ed with. >:[

"You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today."
"A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is
done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves."

AllEyesOnMe

I love Skillet, nuff said.

Surgeypurgey

February 24, 2011, 08:38:40 PM #14 Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 08:50:06 PM by Surgeypurgey
deadmau5 nao

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-