May 22, 2024, 01:11:54 AMLatest Member: mtaletbwow
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other » Off Topic » Why does this game have membership?

Why does this game have membership?

Started by BoutRoodi, September 16, 2011, 01:12:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BoutRoodi

Why does this game have membership?  :) Come at me with whatever you got and I will use my lawyer skills on you.
IGN: Roodi
Level: 150
Guild: none

Scythe

To make money of course and have more benefits for those who payed for the game this is the lamest question ever but ok
Don't think, feel

Yz

Quote from: BoutRoodi on September 16, 2011, 01:12:47 PM
Why does this game have membership?  :) Come at me with whatever you got and I will use my lawyer skills on you.

Quote from: KennyYou think I enjoy doing this?

Obviously for money.
DISCORD killyzkill

BoutRoodi

Why don't they just get a job instead of getting money of teenagers who live on their computer?

hawk5005

To pay for the huge ass server that has no lag ( pvp has peer to peer connection so if it's lag, it's only you, not the server ), very stable and supports hundreds of players online simultaneously without lagging.

mhj

This is general discussion...
Zylongaming wouldn't make any money on selling coins. There is more profit in membership. Membership also gives them a monthly earning, instead of a unstable earning. With a monthly earning they will know what their stabile budget. I think that's a reason for Acclaims bankruptcy, they didn't have a stabile earning.

|More than ten people a year are killed by vending machines.|

hawk5005

This is no charity.
The server costs a lot and it needs to have the best services.
Every single game has some sort of payment to improve experience for players and to improve the server itself.
Money is needed to make the server last longer.
This is no cheap maplestory server that is 100% free and gets closed in one month.

BoutRoodi

Quote from: BoutRoodiWhy don't they just get a job?

mhj

This is how the world works Roodi. People pay for better quality and better service. If we didn't pay for membership the server would have lag written all over it and saying that they should get a job instead of taking our money is ridiculous. Not very many people does work for free.

BoutRoodi

hawk5005

Taking a job would take up all the time and they wouldn't have time for developing the server. ( implying that they don't have a job yet )
Plus, there is no other server this big and this much modified without taking some sort of payment from members.
This isn't made up for fun, this whole game is made up so they can gain money. This is their job.
Roodi, this is real life, a real life company making money from a game, this is how it works, this is how the whole world works.
If you pay you get more services.

mhj

Quote from: BoutRoodi on September 16, 2011, 01:23:55 PM
What the **** are you on about?

Okay... Allie and Santa is doing a lot of stupid coding just for the game to be better. They wouldn't do that kind of work for free which is understandable.
The entire world works like that. People pay eachother to do work for them. Would you do code, listen to people complaining, solve bugs, chose staff, solve rule breaks, pay for advertisement (and more bills) and manage a whole community for free every single day for years without getting payed? I don't think you would.

BoutRoodi

So in real life you pay $5.50 every month to live?

hawk5005

September 16, 2011, 01:31:52 PM #13 Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 01:32:43 PM by hawk5005
Quote from: BoutRoodi on September 16, 2011, 01:29:56 PM
In real life you pay a ****ing lot more.
You need food to live.
Food costs money.
Therefor, you need money to live, unless you want to become homeless and beg everyone for spare change.
Nobody is forcing you to buy it.
You can buy membership for more services, but you are NOT forced to do so.
It's up to you.

mhj

Quote from: BoutRoodi on September 16, 2011, 01:29:56 PM

In real life you would pay 5,5$ for extra features. I could understand you if they wanted 50$ for it. But we are talking about 5,5$.

Now answer my question. Would you work for free?

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-