May 21, 2024, 11:36:00 PMLatest Member: mtaletbwow
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other » Off Topic » Why does this game have membership?

Why does this game have membership?

Started by BoutRoodi, September 16, 2011, 01:12:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BoutRoodi

Why does this game have membership?  :) Come at me with whatever you got and I will use my lawyer skills on you.
IGN: Roodi
Level: 150
Guild: none

Scythe

To make money of course and have more benefits for those who payed for the game this is the lamest question ever but ok
Don't think, feel

Yz

Quote from: BoutRoodi on September 16, 2011, 01:12:47 PM
Why does this game have membership?  :) Come at me with whatever you got and I will use my lawyer skills on you.

Quote from: KennyYou think I enjoy doing this?

Obviously for money.
DISCORD killyzkill

BoutRoodi

Why don't they just get a job instead of getting money of teenagers who live on their computer?

hawk5005

To pay for the huge ass server that has no lag ( pvp has peer to peer connection so if it's lag, it's only you, not the server ), very stable and supports hundreds of players online simultaneously without lagging.

mhj

This is general discussion...
Zylongaming wouldn't make any money on selling coins. There is more profit in membership. Membership also gives them a monthly earning, instead of a unstable earning. With a monthly earning they will know what their stabile budget. I think that's a reason for Acclaims bankruptcy, they didn't have a stabile earning.

|More than ten people a year are killed by vending machines.|

hawk5005

This is no charity.
The server costs a lot and it needs to have the best services.
Every single game has some sort of payment to improve experience for players and to improve the server itself.
Money is needed to make the server last longer.
This is no cheap maplestory server that is 100% free and gets closed in one month.

BoutRoodi

Quote from: BoutRoodiWhy don't they just get a job?

mhj

This is how the world works Roodi. People pay for better quality and better service. If we didn't pay for membership the server would have lag written all over it and saying that they should get a job instead of taking our money is ridiculous. Not very many people does work for free.

BoutRoodi

hawk5005

Taking a job would take up all the time and they wouldn't have time for developing the server. ( implying that they don't have a job yet )
Plus, there is no other server this big and this much modified without taking some sort of payment from members.
This isn't made up for fun, this whole game is made up so they can gain money. This is their job.
Roodi, this is real life, a real life company making money from a game, this is how it works, this is how the whole world works.
If you pay you get more services.

mhj

Quote from: BoutRoodi on September 16, 2011, 01:23:55 PM
What the **** are you on about?

Okay... Allie and Santa is doing a lot of stupid coding just for the game to be better. They wouldn't do that kind of work for free which is understandable.
The entire world works like that. People pay eachother to do work for them. Would you do code, listen to people complaining, solve bugs, chose staff, solve rule breaks, pay for advertisement (and more bills) and manage a whole community for free every single day for years without getting payed? I don't think you would.

BoutRoodi

So in real life you pay $5.50 every month to live?

hawk5005

September 16, 2011, 01:31:52 PM #13 Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 01:32:43 PM by hawk5005
Quote from: BoutRoodi on September 16, 2011, 01:29:56 PM
In real life you pay a ****ing lot more.
You need food to live.
Food costs money.
Therefor, you need money to live, unless you want to become homeless and beg everyone for spare change.
Nobody is forcing you to buy it.
You can buy membership for more services, but you are NOT forced to do so.
It's up to you.

mhj

Quote from: BoutRoodi on September 16, 2011, 01:29:56 PM

In real life you would pay 5,5$ for extra features. I could understand you if they wanted 50$ for it. But we are talking about 5,5$.

Now answer my question. Would you work for free?

BoutRoodi

You technically are forced to because in PVP all level 200 can kill you because you are only level 150 and there's a stupid bot stract limit (so desperate for money) so you can't be good.

Click

Quote from: mhj on September 16, 2011, 01:18:42 PM
This is general discussion...
Zylongaming wouldn't make any money on selling coins. There is more profit in membership. Membership also gives them a monthly earning, instead of a unstable earning. With a monthly earning they will know what their stabile budget. I think that's a reason for Acclaims bankruptcy, they didn't have a stabile earning.
Quote from: hawk5005 on September 16, 2011, 01:17:44 PM
To pay for the huge ass server that has no lag ( pvp has peer to peer connection so if it's lag, it's only you, not the server ), very stable and supports hundreds of players online simultaneously without lagging.

If that doesnt answer your question, it just means your an idiot.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

hawk5005

September 16, 2011, 01:37:45 PM #17 Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 01:39:46 PM by hawk5005
Quote from: BoutRoodi on September 16, 2011, 01:36:37 PM
You technically are forced to because in PVP all level 200 can kill you because you are only level 150 and there's a stupid bot stract limit (so desperate for money) so you can't be good.
Hah.
That answer is so stupid.
Skill.
If you have it, level doesn't matter.
Botstract doesn't matter.
You are NOT forced to buy it.
Plus you can make a room called "150 or under" and kick everyone above 150 out.
You can also use the tags that can make you have the powers of a god.

BoutRoodi

hawk5005

Quote from: BoutRoodi on September 16, 2011, 01:39:20 PM
Skill ... bullshit.
Haha, means you never fought anyone with skill before.
Nor do you have any.
As I previously said:
Quote from: hawk5005 on September 16, 2011, 01:37:45 PM
Plus you can make a room called "150 or under" and kick everyone above 150 out.
You can also use the tags that can make you have the powers of a god.

BoutRoodi

Yes buy the tags also work on your enemy.

mhj

Quote from: BoutRoodi on September 16, 2011, 01:39:20 PM
Skill ... bullshit.

You must be retarted to not understand what we are saying.

hawk5005

September 16, 2011, 01:45:20 PM #22 Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 01:49:07 PM by hawk5005
Quote from: BoutRoodi on September 16, 2011, 01:43:13 PM
Yes but they make you have same stats no matter what.
You are stubborn and you do not read all the posts carefully.
The answer has been given to you several times yet each and every time you ignored it and went off-topic.
Read all the replies and then reply again.
Oh and you also ignored the last part of my message when I said that you can make a room called " 150 and under " and kick everyone above 150 out of the room.

kaos555

It doesn't matter if you're facing a level 200, if you are GOOD at pvp you'll still win, but if you suck ur bound to lose.

The path is open.

Yz

Quote from: BoutRoodi
Why don't they just get a job instead of getting money of teenagers who live on their computer?

This is their job. Hosting a gaming server and making pay2play options so they can make a bit of money without even leaving home. It's a lazier way, and the income may not be as much as an adult's job, but it's a stay-at-home job that they can do underrage.

Skill ... bullshit.

Lawyer skills? You sound autistic to me, sir. This game is all about lag and skill. I go on my lv 150 and rape 200's all the time. You should GET SOME SKILL before you talk about how gear-orientated this game is. I'll crush you any time with my lv 150 against your lv 200.

Well duh. Who would want god mode for yourself only in PvP? Losers, that's who. It ultimately kills the purpose of the game if one person had inf hp against someone without inf hp.

It's not just ONE person paying $5.50 a month. There are many paying players, and some spend $100's of dollars. Also, it's not a living payment, the hosts parents still buy most of the food and life necessities. It's just a side hobby that generates money for the occasional spoil.
DISCORD killyzkill

Scythe

September 16, 2011, 02:30:31 PM #25 Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 02:32:36 PM by deathraper
Quote from: BoutRoodi on September 16, 2011, 01:36:37 PM
Dude i beat u twice in 1v1 and kompostas saw it and when kompostas was lvl 150 he beat so many lvl 200's
Don't think, feel

Iridion

because bad people like icecold can buy stuff instead of working on it like good people like me

Quote from: Madproxyes because Iri & Kp can change the rules!
thats how we roll maddie

Santa

You see, if we wanted too, we could do exactly what acclaim did, but we decided to use membership instead.

mhj

I believe that Acclaims went down because of their system. Acclaims used the coins payment and they went down because they didn't have a stable earning.

Yz

Quote from: mhj on September 16, 2011, 03:07:47 PM
I believe that Acclaims went down because of their system. Acclaims used the coins payment and they went down because they didn't have a stable earning.

they went down because their developers (BOUT from n-log) went bankrupt due to small amount of players so acclaim couldn't release updates and they just gave up on it..
DISCORD killyzkill

mhj

Quote from: Tricky on September 16, 2011, 03:14:21 PM
Quote from: mhj on September 16, 2011, 03:07:47 PM

they went down because their developers (BOUT from n-log) went bankrupt due to small amount of players so acclaim couldn't release updates and they just gave up on it..

Tricky.. That might be a reason aswell. But they closed all the games because they went out of money.

Yz

September 16, 2011, 03:20:31 PM #31 Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 03:25:38 PM by Tricky
It's THE ONLY reason Bots was closed. As for Acclaim, it was just pretty much bought out by Playdom.
DISCORD killyzkill

Santa

Lets be honest here, if acclaim never sold, acclaim bots would be up and running right now, we'll not up I guess (cuz it'd still be getting killed by me)

:o

Yz

Quote from: Santa on September 16, 2011, 03:27:36 PM
Lets be honest here, if acclaim never sold, acclaim bots would be up and running right now, we'll not up I guess (cuz it'd still be getting killed by me)

really cool.. but you know what i mean. and i think bots went down before acclaim got bought
DISCORD killyzkill

Santa

September 16, 2011, 03:35:46 PM #34 Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 03:36:15 PM by Santa
Quote from: Tricky on September 16, 2011, 03:32:45 PM
Quote from: Santa on September 16, 2011, 03:27:36 PM

really cool.. but you know what i mean. and i think bots went down before acclaim got bought

Nope, they shut it down after the website was shut down by playdom.  They were trying for about 1 week solid to keep the login + channel servers on, but java, packets, and timers sorta went against them.

Yz

oic, yea acclaim was retarded, they gave up on it in 08 but kept it up anyway...
DISCORD killyzkill

Santa

Quote from: Tricky on September 16, 2011, 03:38:03 PM
oic, yea acclaim was retarded, they gave up on it in 08 but kept it up anyway...

orangegame is the new acclaim, except with updates.  If i had more time right now, I'd take that version of bots down too, but I want them to add a couple more things to their client before i rip it and use it on boutcheetah.

Scythe

Quote from: Santa on September 16, 2011, 03:39:12 PM

orangegame is the new acclaim, except with updates.  If i had more time right now, I'd take that version of bots down too, but I want them to add a couple more things to their client before i rip it and use it on boutcheetah.
Omg your so cool!
Don't think, feel

Santa

Quote from: deathraper on September 16, 2011, 03:41:19 PM

Omg your so cool!

ikr this brings back old memories :3

Yz

coulda just said new n-log lulz
DISCORD killyzkill

Scythe

September 16, 2011, 03:51:11 PM #40 Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 03:53:36 PM by deathraper
Lol i remember back in BOTS sometimes in the lobby some orange texted dude just says "Im gona crash the server" and it crashes and now kill this server :]
But im sure they will take a while to release new items

too lazy to download and try , doesnt look good
Don't think, feel

mhj

Godish Admin.

Scythe

ANd can you make BC patch updater cool like that?
Don't think, feel

Allie

You're a retard roodi.
Did you just lose your membership and now you're sad and/or pissed?

btw, what law school did you graduate from..cause you better demand your money back. a 5 year old debates better than you.
You just cry @ every logical fact coming @ you.

another btw, I have a job and if Kenny got a job BC wouldn't have updates.
HOWEVER -- if he had chose to sit on his ass and watch tv the past year, we wouldn't have the thousands of dollars in the zylon paypal.
Can you say you've earned thousands of dollars, mr lawyer?

Click

Quote from: Allie on September 16, 2011, 04:11:33 PM
You're a retard roodi.
Did you just lose your membership and now you're sad and/or pissed?

btw, what law school did you graduate from..cause you better demand your money back. a 5 year old debates better than you.
You just cry @ every logical fact coming @ you.

another btw, I have a job and if Kenny got a job BC wouldn't have updates.
HOWEVER -- if he had chose to sit on his ass and watch tv the past year, we wouldn't have the thousands of dollars in the zylon paypal.
Can you say you've earned thousands of dollars, mr lawyer?
Roodi, if i were you i would just suicide right now.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Black Sheep

off topic/ Allie how many you get at month money?
And membership is for Allie and Santa get money because they need pay each month for their website hosting,internet,server and other stuff.

HighChannel
              IGN|GUILD
Black Sheep|
               LowChannel
                zz|Redemption

Allie

September 16, 2011, 04:27:35 PM #46 Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 04:30:35 PM by Allie
Quote from: layrun17 on September 16, 2011, 04:19:37 PM
And membership is for Allie and Santa get money because they need pay each month for their website hosting,internet,server and other stuff.

wow, this month we're not doing too good because someone disputed permanent membership lol.

We made 320.50$ this month, but paid 200$ in bills plus another 100$ dispute.
(Only 16 days have passed in this month so far)

Last month we made a total of 984.66$.
A total of about 250-300$ in bills, leaving us with profit of 500-600$ last month.

Edit: exactly 677.10$ worth of profit last month.

Black Sheep

i buyed membership some week ago on 3months (: and i can donate you if need.

HighChannel
              IGN|GUILD
Black Sheep|
               LowChannel
                zz|Redemption

Iridion

September 16, 2011, 05:00:33 PM #48 Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 05:01:27 PM by Iridion
Quote from: Allie on September 16, 2011, 04:27:35 PM
Quote from: layrun17 on September 16, 2011, 04:19:37 PM

wow, this month we're not doing too good because someone disputed permanent membership lol.

We made 320.50$ this month, but paid 200$ in bills plus another 100$ dispute.
(Only 16 days have passed in this month so far)

Last month we made a total of 984.66$.
A total of about 250-300$ in bills, leaving us with profit of 500-600$ last month.

Edit: exactly 677.10$ worth of profit last month.

buy me minecraft its 15$ ):

thats how we roll maddie

RAUDOG

Quote from: Iridion on September 16, 2011, 02:39:04 PM
because bad people like icecold can buy stuff instead of working on it like good people like me
I take this statement as an insult little boy, True i can buy what ever I want at any giving time Iv'e worked very hard through the years in order to give my family what they need and what they want.
Many people would like to be like Ice so they can take care of there family's and enjoy life, you on the other hand will never make it there.
On that note youngin keep my name from your mouth and there won't be any problems.
P.S., All these people that have free Memberships needs to get off there asses and start paying the fee, like the rest of us good people do.

RedNeon

Quote from: BoutRoo di on September 16, 2011, 01:12:47 PM
maybe dis guy can live without money

thekgb

boutroodi have u brain tumour or just mentally disabled?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

asmit10

Quote from Allie:

exactly 677.10$ worth of profit last month.

__

That's a lot, but people make more then that making youtube videos :/.
Quote from: cybercjt on May 27, 2012, 02:27:31 PM
Shegoat
i'm 6 according to Dillh
The internet is a great place to grow up. Just make sure you keep growing.

Yz

Quote from: RAUDOG on September 16, 2011, 05:34:39 PM
I take this statement as an insult little boy, True i can buy what ever I want at any giving time Iv'e worked very hard through the years in order to give my family what they need and what they want.
Many people would like to be like Ice so they can take care of there family's and enjoy life, you on the other hand will never make it there.
On that note youngin keep my name from your mouth and there won't be any problems.
P.S., All these people that have free Memberships needs to get off there asses and start paying the fee, like the rest of us good people do.

you just called iri jealous that he cant buy stuff yet you're jealous of people like me who dont pay lul and im into little boys too right on :) :) :) :)

i think roodi stopped watchin this topic so.. wat do
DISCORD killyzkill

sirhamtaro

September 17, 2011, 04:35:47 AM #54 Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 04:36:34 AM by sirhamtaro
Tricky,info pls,you mean you like kids as friends right? >.<

I just kick you and run anyways so nya.

Iridion

yes its an insult icecold icecold raudog icecold size size size size color color

thats how we roll maddie

RAUDOG

September 17, 2011, 12:57:05 PM #56 Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 12:59:27 PM by RAUDOG
Quote from: Tricky on September 17, 2011, 02:28:33 AM

you just called iri jealous that he cant buy stuff yet you're jealous of people like me who dont pay lul and im into little boys too right on :) :) :) :)

i think roodi stopped watchin this topic so.. wat do
How wrong you are, I'm nowhere near jealous (Trick), so you caught a feeling I see lol.
And if your membership was taken will you be able to afford one?
:o :o :o
If so why don't you help out.

wonderstar

Damn, Allie, that's a lotta ****in money from a game server xD. I'm assuming that month you did pretty good, but probably you guys didn't do so good on other months

"Wonder is the feeling of the philosopher, and philosophy begins in wonder."
~Plato
Wonder or hope is something you can always rely on and it won't cost you a crumb ~ WonderStar

Scythe

When im 18 and i get my own credit card i will support you
Don't think, feel

Black Sheep

i already have it (:
@wonderstar Allie need pay too much so she got not so much money how you think she need pay for Home-water,elektricy and other stuff,buy products to eat,pay for BC website hosting.

HighChannel
              IGN|GUILD
Black Sheep|
               LowChannel
                zz|Redemption

mhj

Quote from: wonderstar on September 17, 2011, 01:07:20 PM
Damn, Allie, that's a lotta ****in money from a game server xD. I'm assuming that month you did pretty good, but probably you guys didn't do so good on other months

Zylongaming is the lowest earning privateserver I have ever seen with their skills. Many runescape private servers makes a lot more.

zepher2211

This whole topic is a complete and utter useless flame baiting attempt to stab at zylongaming's one source of income, wtf is this shit
Powersurge
Headstrong

Hct13345

Iridion

Quote from: zepher2211 on September 17, 2011, 01:38:09 PM
This whole topic is a complete and utter useless flame baiting attempt to stab at zylongaming's one source of income, wtf is this shit
people jealous

thats how we roll maddie

Fyah

The money earned from this server isn't stable.
You might get 1k one month and only 600 another.

mhj

Quote from: Fyah on September 17, 2011, 04:06:40 PM

The earning is much more stable than if we had a coin system. Allie and Santa can check how much they will get next month. They can't check the exact amount they earn but a fair and close guess.

Iridion

Quote from: Fyah on September 17, 2011, 04:06:40 PM
PPPPPPPPHOENIX!

thats how we roll maddie

Fyah

mhj

Quote from: Sainomi on September 17, 2011, 07:44:57 PM
Quote from: mhj on September 17, 2011, 01:19:53 PM
Quote from: wonderstar on September 17, 2011, 01:07:20 PM

Zylongaming is the lowest earning privateserver I have ever seen with their skills. Many runescape private servers makes a lot more.
Im guessing u never played horrible runescape Private Servers.
; -  ; Allie Should of let zylonSpace on instead of gunz or worldofwarcraft.

There is a lot of shitty rsps. But those who have spended months on coding and have owners who have a IQ above 100 makes a lot money. There is one rsps that has 5k people online at average, they make a ridiculous amount of money :P

I bet that Santa and Allie could make a decent rsps with many players online.

Sainomi

Yea Near-Reailty.
Im surpised Allie Did'nt hack that server she hated it.

Styx

Selene

Membership is necessary so that the server can be maintained as well make money.

Gramps

^^meaty, muncay, zom & kenny <3

Bubu

Big facepalm... Money is all in life imo. All people want and need money, most actions in life (if you doesn't have a support as parents) are serching money and not happiness with those actions, although they want the money to get that what it's esential or make them happy.
You can't ask for a service for free... It's just stupid.
Thanx to Meta, Jason and Surgey for the Signs :]

Toast

trlunknown

September 20, 2011, 02:08:47 AM #76 Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 02:14:16 AM by trlunknown
Quote from: Toast on September 19, 2011, 10:17:11 PM
I'm sorry, is there a problem?
maybe yes, imo, that the tread should be closed to stop the non-sense flame posts...
the membership sistem is cool, q.qers are not, -_- a guy even asked me to gift him a membership... he was so on it  ::) so... chat block ftw  ;)

edit: oh this is off topic section :/
still thinking this kinda came to an end already

koolwolf2

Amazing how roodi quit after he got pwned lol

Quote from: Gramps on September 18, 2011, 09:33:50 PM
No money = no server.
Pro equation =3
Newest one:

tiazhun

The same topic in every server....
Figures :D
Why would Admin's keep the server if they don't get a profit out of it ?
*Facepalms everyone.*

Ty Yoshi for the signature!!

Toast

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-