May 11, 2024, 09:13:50 AMLatest Member: Stephendop
BoutCheetah » Forum » BoutCheetah Community » Tips and Guides » Editing Skin Layout

Editing Skin Layout

Started by zepher2211, March 18, 2011, 10:42:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zepher2211

March 18, 2011, 10:42:10 PM Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 02:35:04 AM by zepher2211
Hello everyone, and welcome to my guide on how to edit the layout of objects inside the gfx of the game. (It will be referred to as "skin" from now on)

Ok so to get started lets look at what we need to edit. Inside of your "script" folder, which is inside of your Boutcheetah folder (wherever you have it located) there are a number of files, many pertaining to the location of things in the skin. All these files are .sct files, if your computer asks what to open them with just set it to Notepad.

For simplicity's sake I'll be demonstrating using "ui_lobby.sct" which looks like this:

Now I'm going to explain some of the things you'll find inside that file:

Description: Describes the item that part of the script effects.

Collision Rect: This sets where the mouse can interact with an object, so left would be the left side of an object, right would be right etc..

Draw Position: This says where the image will appear in the skin, in most cases X will be the same as left and Y will be the same as top.

Image Piece: I've found that if you edit this it gives you an error, so I don't mess with it.

File: The Object in the skin that goes with the co-ordinates.

So now that you have the definitions down, proceed to editing:

1. Open up the ui you're going to edit in Gimp, or whatever editing tool you use. (XnView might be helpful, link at bottom)

2. Move the part of the skin you'd like to move in-game [I'll be using the market button] (Obviously this post is only to show you how to do this, so only the crudest gfx skills need be used)

3. Here's where the scripting comes in, go to gimp and hover your mouse over the side of the button. (left) [Make note of the X Co-ordinate]

4. Goto the script find your button, and change "left" and the "X" to the X co-ordinate noted earlier.

5. Hover your mouse at the top of the button. [Note the Y Co-ordinate (Didn't think I'd need another image)]

6. Change "Top" and "Y" to the noted co-ordinate. [Already Explained]

7. To cut it short hover your mouse over the right side note the X co-ordinate and change "right" to that, do the same for the bottom except with the Y co-ordinate and hovering your mouse over the bottom.

Thanks for reading

Powersurge
Headstrong

zomniethe4

Zom

zepher2211

March 19, 2011, 02:32:04 AM #2 Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 02:35:31 AM by zepher2211
Thanks for telling me turns out the pick doesn't work anyway -.-"

*fix'd
Powersurge
Headstrong

eco999

So this changes the position of the things?

zepher2211

Powersurge
Headstrong

eco999

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-