May 05, 2024, 05:20:23 PMLatest Member: juasjuas
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other » GFX » Vote

Vote

Started by BlackStickre, April 15, 2014, 09:25:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackStickre

Just doing GFX for 3weeks say what you think/ what could be better
I made this myself I got the renders with I made them with etc..

Thanks

qolderman

IGN: Caustic

^thanks cooky <3
Quote from: Cooky on August 03, 2014, 12:05:07 AM
whats wrong with eating a sock

BlackStickre

Quote from: qolderman on April 15, 2014, 09:27:07 AM
cool

thanks, i readed the topic of angrod that if you wanted to be good at gfx that you needed alot of things, like good resources but I didn't had good ones but he named a name C4D. It's awesome to use, did like 4sigs with the same c4d render xd (didn't even know it was called C4D)  :P

Cooky

its too small and seems way too low quality, but I may be wrong

BlackStickre

Quote from: Cooky on April 15, 2014, 09:57:57 AM
its too small and seems way too low quality, but I may be wrong

I like it if it's that size, and the quality is actually good but because I use different programs, often the quality isn't that good

Eat4two

the size is ok. cooky may think otherwise as he has seen angrod and ian, who usually stick to a larger size: 400x200ish.

the quality isn't good. not just the render but c4ds as well. idk if u played around with an excessive amount of filters/added too much, or what u did.

poor blending and no focal. also, try to have a structure in your signatures, now there's no flow and just a mess.

BlackStickre

Quote from: Eat4two on April 15, 2014, 11:29:04 AM
the size is ok. cooky may think otherwise as he has seen angrod and ian, who usually stick to a larger size: 400x200ish.

the quality isn't good. not just the render but c4ds as well. idk if u played around with an excessive amount of filters/added too much, or what u did.

poor blending and no focal. also, try to have a structure in your signatures, now there's no flow and just a mess.

True, it isn't good quality i used to much filters on it and ill try to get the C4D in one straight ''line'' over it but I don't understand what you mean by blending , Ian said it didn't blend but i don't know how to blend it  :(
Thanks for being honest  :)

Eat4two

add gradient maps, adjustment layers and blend modes. those are simple tools you can use to get a decent blending.
textures can be used for that too, however i reckon it's not suited for beginners.

BlackStickre

April 15, 2014, 01:40:54 PM #8 Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 01:46:18 PM by BlackStickre
Quote from: Eat4two on April 15, 2014, 12:55:32 PM
add gradient maps, adjustment layers and blend modes. those are simple tools you can use to get a decent blending.
textures can be used for that too, however i reckon it's not suited for beginners.

Quote from: Eat4two on April 15, 2014, 12:55:32 PM

I don't really understand what you mean but I"m sure Ian does.
I can ask Ian to go on teamviewer and let me see in photoshop.
I would've asked you but  i don't think you understand dutch so well  :-\ , and Ian is dutch so he'll understand what to do, altough i don't have the latest photoshop ( APS 6.0) it could be that I can't do that kind of stuff with it
Thanks for help   :)

FalseProphet

Straight away i just think that the c4ds seem like the main vocal point in the sig. The render itself isn't the most appealing factor imo.
"Time Heals Almost Everything, Give The Time, Some Time"
IGN: LordBubba / Bubbabear ^^ / FalseProphet

Quote"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

Vobck

Size is just about ok... its noticeable and not super small. About the quality, it is kinda bad, but that is probably the result of you using the artistic filters (?) in Photoshop and try saving the pic as .png and not .jpg.

I'd say flow is just about ok, but that is linked to the depth and the way the render goes. It kind of works but it's the render's problem. For the depth you could use the blur tool and just slightly blur some spots or blur a lot and lower the layer's opacity. Colors in the render blend but not the render as a whole for this you can use clipping masks (you can google how to make one) and using a soft brush, brush slightly on the render.

Finally, what has been said, focal, the focal would be obviously the soldier but it is not well established. For this is suggest using a radial black & white gradient and set it to overlay and mess with the opacity, it's something I use a lot. As for the lightning, it lacks too, a set one at least, the whole signature is kind of glow-y but there's no set point onto where the lightning originates.

Some tips would be using gradient maps, using colors/brushes on different blending modes (as suggested by Nik/Eat too), adjustment layers such as curves would help in the focal too.

Overall I'd say it's pretty good for a beginner and you should keep trying, nice use of negative space too.

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-