May 05, 2024, 02:43:49 AMLatest Member: jeimyz23
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other BoutCheetah Stuff » Suggestions » Reporting a rule breaker.

Reporting a rule breaker.

Started by FalseProphet, December 13, 2014, 11:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FalseProphet

The topics should be changed to only allow staff to see content in the report. Having the reports and screenshots open to public means that the hacker may see the report before it is dealt with, upon this they would delete/transfer items and or change their name.

If not perhaps change the rules and ways people report to pm'ing instead with a how to guide in the report a rule breaker section, with links and/or step by step pics. (I don't mind putting one together, if people are too lazy to do it.)
"Time Heals Almost Everything, Give The Time, Some Time"
IGN: LordBubba / Bubbabear ^^ / FalseProphet

Quote"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

medchiller

Honestly thought about this before but it comes with a few complications. The biggest one is that new players or ones that aren't on the forums much might not know how to report and obviously the current situation doesn't help that but atleast they are able to look through the forum directory and post that they found a hacker or something. I honestly think there should be and ingame button that when clicked the player can fill out a form to say what happened. Honestly that should be a button on the forums so players aren't confused as to what they need to say and the staff don't need to remind people to put things into their reports.

As for the problem of people changing names and transferring items it doesn't happen often. Mainly because hackers don't use the forums and even if they do they usually aren't well enough established to get a snowball to change their name or buy membership.

The reporting situation of this game definitely needs some work but as you can probably the only ones that can do things like that are Allie and Kenny. They are struggling to even get and event/update out due to Kenny's absence.

FalseProphet

Quote from: medchiller on December 14, 2014, 12:01:22 AM
Honestly thought about this before but it comes with a few complications. The biggest one is that new players or ones that aren't on the forums much might not know how to report and obviously the current situation doesn't help that but atleast they are able to look through the forum directory and post that they found a hacker or something. I honestly think there should be and ingame button that when clicked the player can fill out a form to say what happened. Honestly that should be a button on the forums so players aren't confused as to what they need to say and the staff don't need to remind people to put things into their reports.

As for the problem of people changing names and transferring items it doesn't happen often. Mainly because hackers don't use the forums and even if they do they usually aren't well enough established to get a snowball to change their name or buy membership.

The reporting situation of this game definitely needs some work but as you can probably the only ones that can do things like that are Allie and Kenny. They are struggling to even get and event/update out due to Kenny's absence.

Understandable,  thanks for the detailed reply.

Quote"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

Madprox

This is why many people prefer to send a PM or talk to staff on Skype.
So everything goes private.

IGN: GM Max | Level: 270 | Guild: Utopia

Robocop7ant

Quote from: Madprox on December 14, 2014, 09:47:33 AM
This.

If the hacker is foruming, he can transfer the items to another account, but it will be in the logs.
<br />

FalseProphet

Quote from: Robocop7ant on December 15, 2014, 02:37:29 AM
This.

If the hacker is foruming, he can transfer the items to another account, but it will be in the logs.

But aren't the logs only accessable by admins? of which don't really deal with bans unless of high interest or concern? but yeah so i'd say my suggestion isn't that much of a fail xd

Robocop7ant

Quote from: FalseProphet on December 15, 2014, 02:45:58 AM
Quote from: Robocop7ant on December 15, 2014, 02:37:29 AM
This.

But aren't the logs only accessable by admins? of which don't really deal with bans unless of high interest or concern? but yeah so i'd say my suggestion isn't that much of a fail xd
If 1 of their GMs want them to look into it, well i think they would.
But i don't think it's that big of a deal, if the player hacked items that was "rare", maybe he will use his/hers "second chance" better :)

But nice suggestion
<br />

knightofms

Sending a PM to staffs should solve this problem.

Selene

Been suggested many times by others and myself, however it probably won't happen anytime soon nor is there really a point anymore.

FalseProphet

+1 to the suggestion there is a point still. Since the game still stands, and we can better it :P! Bump ( not sure if i'm allowed ot bump suggestions.....)

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-