May 11, 2024, 07:05:40 PMLatest Member: JamesEdisk

Ban Appeals

Started by FalseProphet, October 04, 2014, 03:49:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FalseProphet

Do you reckon there should be a set time limit in which someone can make an appeal against there ban?
Like how after a year of being banned most people ask and get given the second chance.

How long do you reckon they should wait before being allowed to make an appeal against their account?

Do All accounts deserve a second chance? (If it's there first incident).

What are your thoughts on the ban system, and do you think there could be any changes made to improve it?

All in good will, and opinions accepted. However, do not hate on people as this is not what it's for. Just curious and wouldn't mind a good discussion.
"Time Heals Almost Everything, Give The Time, Some Time"
IGN: LordBubba / Bubbabear ^^ / FalseProphet

Quote"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

Cooky

people do deserve second chances which is why we rarely do IP bans. we let people play on other accounts unless what they did was really bad or they keep breaking rules on different accounts.

you are allowed to make a ban appeal anytime you want. im not really in favor of unbanning someone who hacked a year ago and begs to be unbanned unless the gigas/exp and items are removed and the bot reduced to level 1. but then its just pretty much the same as playing on another account.

i dont think any changes need to be made to the system, its fine.

FalseProphet

Quote from: Cooky on October 04, 2014, 04:16:16 AM
people do deserve second chances which is why we rarely do IP bans. we let people play on other accounts unless what they did was really bad or they keep breaking rules on different accounts.

you are allowed to make a ban appeal anytime you want. im not really in favor of unbanning someone who hacked a year ago and begs to be unbanned unless the gigas/exp and items are removed and the bot reduced to level 1. but then its just pretty much the same as playing on another account.

i dont think any changes need to be made to the system, its fine.

I think a couple random i.p check could be made though, as like today i went into 2-3 games which where hackers of which i couldn't really tell how to report due to the fact screen shot's end screen but was hacking 172. But can under different circumstances shouldn't the person's account be more looked into rather than everything being removed. Let's say they scammed, instead of removing xp just remove the items and said gigas from the account. Vice versa with hacking just remove xp but leave the items. Or perhaps it's just for the name?, (forum name) sometimes i can be picky on names :P.

But your points are fair and i agree with the just making a new account after a ban but then what makes the descision between two people different from someone who doesn't get unbanned and get's told to make a new account to someone else who get's an unban? is it luck on a good day? (if the two people at hand both have the same reason for being banned) but are dealt differently.

Quote"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

Cooky

Quote from: FalseProphet on October 04, 2014, 04:33:45 AM
But can under different circumstances shouldn't the person's account be more looked into rather than everything being removed. Let's say they scammed, instead of removing xp just remove the items and said gigas from the account. Vice versa with hacking just remove xp but leave the items. Or perhaps it's just for the name?, (forum name) sometimes i can be picky on names :P.

yes, thats why i specifically said 'if someone hacked a year ago'

if they scammed or something else then it should maybe be looked into further but either way its a favor staff is doing for the person and it shouldnt be expected of them

as for the hacking, you cant make the account legit by just removing xp but leaving items. the person could have obtained the items with gigas they got from hacking. you have to wipe the whole account.

Quote from: FalseProphet on October 04, 2014, 04:33:45 AM
But your points are fair and i agree with the just making a new account after a ban but then what makes the descision between two people different from someone who doesn't get unbanned and get's told to make a new account to someone else who get's an unban? is it luck on a good day? (if the two people at hand both have the same reason for being banned) but are dealt differently.

i dont believe there is a strict policy on it but rather a case by case basis

i see tons of people asking to be unbanned getting ignored or rejected but there is always that rare guy who gets all his stuff back

you'll have to ask an admin, since its their choice to unban the people or not

hur9

Ok so if the police catches me making drugs on a clandestine laboratory. They take the drugs.
Now im good. Nothing happened here. 8)
(click to show/hide)

anaroy50

my cousin even didnt hacked.
he played with hacker and was in hacker room , and he got perm ban lol.
he payd on 1year member 1month be4 he got the ban.
lol he is 8 years old and i worte to allie a letter tell me if something to do , she even didnt answer me :/
but i guess its hard to be admin.
im sure she gets alot of mails a day that i dont know how she have to do other things in life lol.
i really think ppl need get chance if they will dont do theres mistake again.
EDIT : lol vish its not the same thing

IGN : PT Roy(270)/PT Royster(262)
Guild : Prestige/Legion

-Speedy-

Quote from: hur90 on October 04, 2014, 05:04:11 AM
Ok so if the police catches me making drugs on a clandestine laboratory. They take the drugs.
(click to show/hide)
Nah they arrest you then release you. So if you banned you should never get perm unless you murder someone.

#1 *Sector Nub*
-Speedy-, Speedy II, Speedy III

Cooky

FalseProphet

Quote from: -Speedy- on October 04, 2014, 05:15:09 AM
Quote from: hur90 on October 04, 2014, 05:04:11 AM
(click to show/hide)
Nah they arrest you then release you. So if you banned you should never get perm unless you murder someone.

What would you class as "murder" for this game. Worthy of a ban?

Lol @ Vish's comment :P

Allie

The primary reason most people who were banned a long time ago get unbanned is because we don't know what they were banned for. Ban reasons are a relatively (I think mid-2013?) thing. Anyone banned before that have no reason, and if they've been forgotten, might aswell be unbanned (until they do it again and have a ban reason the next time).

Cooky

Quote from: Allie on October 08, 2014, 04:42:01 PM
The primary reason most people who were banned a long time ago get unbanned is because we don't know what they were banned for. Ban reasons are a relatively (I think mid-2013?) thing. Anyone banned before that have no reason, and if they've been forgotten, might aswell be unbanned (until they do it again and have a ban reason the next time).
but what about the people who just admit what they did like 'sorry for hacking all those games pls unban'

Thornz

Quote from: Cooky on October 08, 2014, 06:27:51 PM
but what about the people who just admit what they did like 'sorry for hacking all those games pls unban'

99.99% of hackers say, "please, why ban? I no hack. Me not hacker. Unfair. Cry."

Or something similar, unless there's very solid proof against them. At which point people already know why they were banned, lol.

IGN: FM Thornz [Lv 270]
Quote from: cyc0828He destroy my guild
Not pants

Cooky

Quote from: Thornz on October 08, 2014, 06:47:45 PM
99.99% of hackers say, "please, why ban? I no hack. Me not hacker. Unfair. Cry."

ok?

but we arent talking about just hackers we are talking about hackers who ask to be unbanned after being banned years ago

and thats not what they say

FalseProphet

100% legit answer right there. Never thought about that o-o.

Allie

We are, however, considering doing a mass ban wipe later this month.
We're unsure of the criteria under which we'll unban. There are over 5,000 banned accounts.

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-