May 21, 2024, 07:40:03 PMLatest Member: Robertbof
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other » Off Topic » Truth: Relative or Absolute?

Truth: Relative or Absolute?

Started by Xrow, January 18, 2011, 02:05:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xrow

Quote from: Xrow
TRUTH IS NOT RELATIVE.    
THEREFORE TRUTH IS ABSOLUTE.
THEREFORE THIS IS ABSOLUTE.
BUT I OFFERED 17, THUS MAKING A NEW TRUTH.
THUS YOUR TRUTH IS NOW WRONG.
AND MIND IS RIGHT.

THUS YOU SUCK.

So suck on THAT Allie >;O

Quote from: falliecy
TRUTH IS NOT RELATIVE.   <--- I see no evidence for this, therefore your proof is denied

Suck on THAT Xrow >;O

Example or you lose.

Allie

You stated "truth is not relative" as a fact in your proof.
Your proof is therefore invalid without evidence to backup the evidence in your proof.

Xrow

Scenario:
ALL TRUTH IS RELATIVE.

Allie: "Truth is relative."
Xrow: "Is that relatively true?"
Allie: "Yes."
Xrow: "Then truth must be absolute. Is it absolutely true?"
Allie: "Yes."
Xrow: "Then truth must be absolute."

First of all, the claim is self-defacing.
Secondly, mathematics, logic and science prove that truth is absolute.

It is absolutely true that Obama is the president of the United States on January 17, 2011 for all people in all places at all times.
It is absolutely true that 2+2=4 for all people in all places at all times.

Give me an example of a relative truth.

Allie

Xrow

Quote from: Allie on January 18, 2011, 02:38:11 AM
I love you.

It is absolutely true for all people in all places at all times that Allie loves Xrow on January 17, 2011.

You lose fool!

Rossbach

Quote from: Xrow on January 18, 2011, 02:51:29 AM
It is absolutely true for all people in all places at all times that Allie loves Xrow on January 17, 2011.

You lose fool!

Quote from: Allie on January 18, 2011, 02:38:11 AM
I love you.

Ps. For some it is January 18.

Omnomnom eating toast.

Allie

Quote from: Xrow on January 18, 2011, 02:51:29 AM

You lose fool!

I give.
Iunno how to explain why "I love you" isn't absolute but relative.
Therefore since I can't explain, I give for now.
When I realize how to word it, I'll be back.
>;[

Xrow

Quote from: Allie on January 18, 2011, 03:31:47 AM
I give.
>;[

Don't hurt yourself ;|

Rossbach

Quote from: Allie on January 18, 2011, 03:31:47 AM
I give.
>;[

:'(

::)

Omnomnom eating toast.

Bubu

i actually think the truth is absolute just for an individual, its not if u speak about 2 or more people, because as we all are different, we think different, and we have different ideas about all theorical and real concepts in the world. So truth will became something relative to each person.

some1 can just say im the president, and believe he is the president and will be the truth for him .-.
about numbers, they are not real so dunno if u can say tahts truth... but well reality is relative too...

and also if u say that allie thinks that truth is relative and you think its absolute then the truth will be relative..

i wish we could do this in spanish.. my english sucks Dx sorry if my grammar failed .-.
Thanx to Meta, Jason and Surgey for the Signs :]

Optimism

January 18, 2011, 09:10:06 PM #12 Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 09:20:31 PM by Optimism
Quote from: Bubu on January 18, 2011, 07:40:44 PM
i actually think the truth is absolute just for an individual, its not if u speak about 2 or more people, because as we all are different, we think different, and we have different ideas about all theorical and real concepts in the world. So truth will became something relative to each person.

some1 can just say im the president, and believe he is the president and will be the truth for him .-.
about numbers, they are not real so dunno if u can say tahts truth... but well reality is relative too...

and also if u say that allie thinks that truth is relative and you think its absolute then the truth will be relative..

i wish we could do this in spanish.. my english sucks Dx sorry if my grammar failed .-.

Very, very impressive BuBu...

*pats on back*

Seriously; I'm ****ing impressed with you. Saved me 5 minutes of my time...

I LOVE YOU.

Quote from: Optimism on January 05, 2011, 03:12:19 PM
A negative can never be proven. Prove pigs fly. Prove I can't fly. Prove martians don't exist. Prove eagles don't spit magma. These statements, nor any statement for that matter can ever be proven 100 percent with regard to philosophy. However, compounding evidence and stacking the odds for a specific question enables validity.

For instance, does the Herpes Zoster Virus cause chicken pox? The answer: most likely. One can never be certain.

Whether truth is relative or absolute is a matter of subjective opinions. I understand many truths are absolute, while others are relative. Given my educational level, you and I would disagree on matters as absolute or relative; however, remember, I have compounding, reproducible, stand-alone-evidence that gives validity to what I "believe" and claim to be absolute. Moreover, tangible results that enable benefit or harm could be demonstrated at numerous levels on a plethora of topics, substantiating the aforesaid statement.

The answer: truth is both or only one option depending on the individual. However, those that give advancement to society see many truths as absolute, and not relative (scientists). For instance, vaccinations, cancer treatment, surgical procedures that enable life-sustaining/saving methodologies to be repetitively implemented with success, etc., are considered absolute truths by those who perform the task to safe a life and by those saved.

If you can't get past the philosophy of the relativity of certain matters, then you will under-live your true potential and for this, I pitty you and wish you a great education that enables a revelation.

As for the Big Bang theory, refer to the red text. Christianity is none of this and therefore, is not a valid belief. If you still disagree, I demand a full paper from you within 2 weeks explaining the big-bang (in paraphrase of course, of how it occurred and why scientists state they've detected remnants and how these remnants correlate to the Big Bang itself). Keep in mind, the writing of this paper must include references from reputable academic sources (peer-reviewed, which are validated through an objective means). Only then will you truly come to appreciate the red text listed previously. If you don't understand something written, then consult another source for clarity. Off you go.

http://godisimaginary.com/

We've discussed this already :P.

Don't straw man out newb :).
- Opti -
- Sanctuary Founder | PvP King -
- Retired -

Meta

Quote from: Optimism on January 18, 2011, 09:10:06 PM

*pats on back*

I LOVE YOU.

Noob

Xrow

Quote from: Optimism on January 18, 2011, 09:10:06 PM

*pats on back*

I LOVE YOU.

Don't straw man out newb :).

To think I considered you intelligent o.O
Oh well, your hopeless; on to the next one.

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-