May 04, 2024, 03:07:28 AMLatest Member: Eonn
BoutCheetah » Forum » BoutCheetah Community » General Discussion » I'd like to clarify some things

I'd like to clarify some things

Started by Santa, August 09, 2011, 12:02:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Santa

August 09, 2011, 12:02:55 AM Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 12:08:50 AM by RedEyes
Quote from: jrharbort
.. We made our server. In fact, we made BC's server too.

This being said, I do agree that they made their own server.  I do not agree that they made BoutCheetah's server.  If you would like to make your own 'Ugly Ponieslution' server, you can download their source from: http://www.elitepvpers.com/forum/general-gaming-discussion/614572-new-server-files-bots-acclaim.html

They can brag all they want that we used their 'source' to create our private server, but they cannot continue to say it months and months after we have completely recoded the server.  Fact is fact, and right now they use BoutCheetah to complete their buggy server.  Either way, try running that source I just provided you with, and comparing it to ours.  You will see that the source in that link does not compute with ours.

I'd also like to take the time to talk about some other things that 'they' talk about:

1.) They do not want to create copy's of levels already added to the game like we do, because that's just quote 'stupid'.  Yet, they make duplicates of items, and do not think that is 'stupid'. What I am getting at here is, maybe they do not know how to create a copy of a level like we can.
2.) They claim that everything we do copy's them.  Yet, if it was not for us, they would not even have a complete server to do anything with.  I'm saying this because, they use our game to record the packets required for certain functions of the game to work.  They are still even doing this, months after they went closed beta.
3.) They talk about how we are hiding the fact that we basically killed the original BOTS!! acclaim.  That one is definitely not true.  We talk about this all the time in threads, in-fact, we used to have a paragraph or two on the front page of how we started, which was written by Optimism.  We took that down because it just didn't fit the new theme.
4.) They do not even know how to open models, and view them in a model editor, nor edit them, and they call that plain stupid as-well(Only because they cannot and will never be able do it.).
5.) They are also claiming that we copied their marketplace / theme idea.  That's complete bull shit, mainly because well, to say were copying someone, you have to actually have a marketplace or a theme first.  They will be technically copying us when they do eventually create one.
6.) They claim that we took packet data from their java server, that simply did not happen.  They took the packet data from acclaim, the same way we did.  Half of their findings were horrible anyway, we had to completely re-do their legendary packet system.
7.) Also, to clear up one final issue,
Quote from: jrharbortthey have hackers as admins
, yes we do, I'm not going to deny that, but you also do as-well.  Points at their new coder zirak, who took place of tokxilchaosz because he could not code so well, as you can clearly see in their source in the link above.

What I'm posting here, is not to brag about BoutCheetah's accomplishments, it's more like a truth session for everyone in a way, mainly the people who read what the lying admins on the 'other servers' forum says about BoutCheetah, in hope of attracting them as a potential player.

(This is probably the biggest post that I've ever made in my life.)

The main reason why I posted it here, was so their admins could not delete it.

~RedEyes.

mo9

Quote from: kennyuba21If anyone needs help with this let me know contact me via msn

Msn: [email protected]

lol'd anyway , is it a good idea to publicly  release the source like this ?
ZeaL Rank 1 BvB, just because

vv secks box

Faith

Gotta say, this technically is true.

Santa

Quote from: mo9 on August 09, 2011, 12:25:27 AM
Quote from: kennyuba21If anyone needs help with this let me know contact me via msn

Msn: [email protected]

lol'd anyway , is it a good idea to publicly  release the source like this ?

Their probably going to be freaking out when they see this post, which I'm sure they do.  Jrharbort's IP is always seen on this forum, as it's very easy to find it and compare to, just look at the patch.ini for their game.

But, in their defense they will probably want the link taken down because its basically 'our' and 'theirs' server in a nutshell to them.

~RedEyes.

mo9

thnx for explaining ;D
btw msn ? i want to ask u smth =3
ZeaL Rank 1 BvB, just because

vv secks box

Allie

August 09, 2011, 01:34:29 AM #5 Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 01:36:13 AM by Allie
JUST FOR FURTHER CLARIFICATION
We made BC from scratch.
..in fact, we made Ugly Ponies too.
We just don't care enough Ugly Ponies to make it as functional as us.

Any otherwise are just those hypocrites (by the way, jrharbort went on a RAAAGE when he found out I released this truth) trying to tell you otherwise to make themselves look good.

Allie

jrharbort - says:
we're simply takling back what was originally ours
桜 says:
LOL
Yeah.
Okay.
- jrharbort - says:
so you go think about that one
桜 says:
Stealing our packets.
That's exactly.
What was originally yours.
lolk.
- jrharbort - says:
nice way to avoid the point
you seem to love doing that
桜 says:
That is the point.

NeoKiller

Quote from: jrharbortthey have hackers as admins
^Why do they think this one is something bad, in fact it is kind of an advantage.
Because of your hacking experience you obviously know how to better stop the hackers on this server.

Bounty

Why can't everybody just put everything aside and help each other with running a server... It's the same game.

|**** a bitch - Respect a women - Love a lady|

Yz

Quote from: Bounty on August 09, 2011, 07:11:15 AM
Why can't everybody just put everything aside and help each other with running a server... It's the same game.

that will never happen, admins will always have a hate for each other

i just wish the players who knew nothing of both servers would stop trying to join the little fight xd
DISCORD killyzkill

NeoKiller

August 09, 2011, 07:14:30 AM #10 Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 07:15:02 AM by NeoKiller
I don't think this is possible, I think the best way would to just ignore each other and not get in each others way.

Bounty

Quote from: NeoKiller on August 09, 2011, 07:14:30 AM
I don't think this is possible, I think thebest way would to just iggnore each other and not get in each others way.

Anything is possible.

|**** a bitch - Respect a women - Love a lady|

jackhammer

Uhhh what's the abbreviation of elitepvpers? They won't let me download that thing until i make an account and to make 1 i need to say that abbrevation  >:(  :(

hawk5005

jackhammer

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-