Kevin

Allie

zomniethe4

watever that means its a lie

Zom

SonicParadox

Quote from: zomniethe4 on September 27, 2010, 09:09:04 PM
watever that means its a lie
A paradox is a statement that seems to contradict itself, but in reality expresses a possible truth.

Yz

^ "Possible", and being the downer that I am, I am going to go ahead and assume that word was made to be self contradicting.
DISCORD killyzkill

SonicParadox

Quote from: Tricky on September 27, 2010, 09:39:23 PM
^ "Possible", and being the downer that I am, I am going to go ahead and assume that word was made to be self contradicting.
Lol, wasn't meant too. Just gave a definition. Here's one my friend made. "This sentence is a lie."

Allie

Going back/forth in time is the biggest paradox known to humans.
An example of this is going back in time to fix a mistake made by yourself or human kind, or whatever.
If the mistake wasn't made, you wouldn't be going back to fix it, thus it would be made.

A superstition of sorts is that the universe would collapse upon itself if such a paradox is created.
Thus why some believe time traveling should not even be attempted and is not supported by many people.

SonicParadox

Quote from: Allie on September 27, 2010, 09:47:48 PM
An example of this is going back in time to fix a mistake made by yourself or human kind, or whatever.
If the mistake wasn't made, you wouldn't be going back to fix it, thus it would be made.

A superstition of sorts is that the universe would collapse upon itself if such a paradox is created.
Thus why some believe time traveling should not even be attempted and is not supported by many people.

Interesting fact. Where do you find these? :D

Yz

September 27, 2010, 09:58:16 PM #53 Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 10:00:06 PM by Tricky
Quote from: Allie on September 27, 2010, 09:47:48 PM

The biggest fatal paradox:

Getting a pinoccio doll and telling it to say "My nose will grow after this sentence"...
DISCORD killyzkill

SonicParadox

Quote from: Tricky on September 27, 2010, 09:58:16 PM

Getting a pinoccio doll and telling it to say "My nose will grow after this sentence"...
Lol, I actually like that one. Because, the sentence is telling a truth, but it can't be because it's a lie. So it's true that it's a lie. But then it's still lying. See? :D

Allie

Quote from: SonicParadox on September 27, 2010, 09:51:00 PM
Interesting fact. Where do you find these? :D

If you're in this community for long, you'll learn that I randomly give lectures.
I didn't "find" it, I just "know" it.

SonicParadox

Quote from: Allie on September 27, 2010, 10:18:49 PM
If you're in this community for long, you'll learn that I randomly give lectures.
I didn't "find" it, I just "know" it.
I was kinda figuring that. :/ But I thought I might as well ask.

zomniethe4

Zom

Allie

Quote from: Tricky on September 27, 2010, 09:58:16 PM

That is not a paradox, because a nose is made up of cells which duplicate and shed, thus growing.
Therefore, I can say "My nose will grow after this sentence" and not lie.
Thus, if it's not a lie, it's the truth, thus not a paradox.

Before you say that a doll is not a living thing, wood is made up of cells.
>;o

SonicParadox

Quote from: Allie on September 27, 2010, 11:49:01 PM
That is not a paradox, because a nose is made up of cells which duplicate and shed, thus growing.
Therefore, I can say "My nose will grow after this sentence" and not lie.
Thus, if it's not a lie, it's the truth, thus not a paradox.

Before you say that a doll is not a living thing, wood is made up of cells.
>;o
Lol, Allie just owned...

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-