May 04, 2024, 01:39:49 PMLatest Member: FrankClaip
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other » Off Topic » The fine art of procrastination

The fine art of procrastination

Started by Purple, May 17, 2014, 10:47:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple

As you guys know the school year is winding down for a lot of people right now, and while I almost always do really really well in school, I have a problem with doing work in a timely manner unless it's something I enjoy. Normally it's just a slight problem, but this year I think I really got it close .-.

Period   Course Title             Q4 GR       S2 EXAM        S2 GR
1       Art 2 (ART102)      F (58.6)       A (94.0)         D (60.3)

So y''know how I said I have a problem doing work in a timely manner unless I enjoy it?....yeah...that doesn't translate well into an art class that I don't like. Had a 53.4 yesterday, but because the final was easy (and I turned in 4 missing projects over 2-3 days....) i'm gonna pass. Yay!

Same thing sort of happened to Multimedia class but not as drastic. I'll end up with a c in Multimedia.

^**** im special xd

Cooky

similar thing happened in my high school math class

never did any of the homework, was borderline failing all year

aced the final exam, passed

nice job

Iridion

i bet all ur drawings are purple

>lol

Quote from: Madproxyes because Iri & Kp can change the rules!
thats how we roll maddie

Purple

Quote from: Iridion on May 17, 2014, 11:29:20 AM
i bet all ur drawings are purple

>lol

the last 4 I turned in are all "abstract" shapes w/ coloring via colored pencils

ye it's not great but HEY I PASSEDDD

^**** im special xd

hawk5005

share your art, bless our eyes with your creations

Purple

^**** im special xd

hawk5005

im serious
i really want to see what you make

Purple

Quote from: hawk5005 on May 17, 2014, 11:54:06 AM
im serious
i really want to see what you make

im bad at art, so nty. If I share anything art related it's gonna be something I designed in photoshop/illustrator

^**** im special xd

hawk5005

anything really
i dont care
theres no bad art, there's bad interpreters

Purple

Quote from: hawk5005 on May 17, 2014, 12:13:59 PM
anything really
i dont care

There is bad art though, things like badly using techniques can be seen as objectively bad. Regardless I don't have anything with me to share atm, it's all at school.

^**** im special xd

Iridion

Quote from: hawk5005 on May 17, 2014, 12:13:59 PM
anything really
i dont care

there is bad art, ie ur sigs ;D XD

Quote from: Madproxyes because Iri & Kp can change the rules!
thats how we roll maddie

123bomb123

Art is such a stupid class, it shouldn't even be mark-based because the teacher can really only gives grades based on a criteria of hardwork. Sure technical skill of what's taught is key, but for the most part the teacher marks on the aesthetic, something subjective, which shouldn't be a basis of criteria. I have no personal issues with it since I took it twice and passed, but it's just a stupid class to be graded in and affect your GPA.
IGN: MisterZ

ZeaL - Rank 1 in antagonizing, just
because.

Rub me out like genies, won't concede til I'm graffiti
Quote from: Yz on January 14, 2012, 06:48:35 PM
mrz is like top 40 and would probly be like
"fuk yeh n00bs im god bow to god''

Cooky

Quote from: 123bomb123 on May 17, 2014, 07:39:48 PM
Art is such a stupid class, it shouldn't even be mark-based because the teacher can really only gives grades based on a criteria of hardwork. Sure technical skill of what's taught is key, but for the most part the teacher marks on the aesthetic, something subjective, which shouldn't be a basis of criteria. I have no personal issues with it since I took it twice and passed, but it's just a stupid class to be graded in and affect your GPA.

I disagree

when I took art class, we would go over different concepts and then make a project based on that concept. if you failed at the concept  then you got a bad grade. even if you were bad at drawing and it looked like a 5 year old made it, as long as you showed the right usage of the concept then you would pass.  that's just 1 example from my class.

it wasn't subjective and the teacher didn't grade it based on aesthetics

im sure there are some art teachers who do that, but not all

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-