May 22, 2024, 04:25:13 PMLatest Member: Robpex
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other BoutCheetah Stuff » Suggestions » perfect way to help staff catch hackers

perfect way to help staff catch hackers

Started by Cooky, November 06, 2013, 03:02:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allie

Quote from: Cooky on November 07, 2013, 01:24:15 AM
Quote from: Selene on November 06, 2013, 11:39:54 PM
Logs, logs, logs, logs.

you cant be serious Selene, you know how impractical and inconvenient that is

with this suggestion not only will more hackers be caught, but they will be caught much faster.

your post is basically like me suggesting the invention of a motor vehicle and your just sitting there saying 'horse and buggy, horse and buggy, horse and buggy'. Yeah there's already a way to catch hackers, but that's no reason to be against adding a much easier way. If everyone had that mindset the technology we know and love today would have never existed.

Jesus christ are you that dumb.
You're suggesting a person who can open a door to check versus a video camera that watches the room.
Very different from a horse versus a car.
You win the award for a bad comparison.

Cooky

Quote from: Selene on November 07, 2013, 01:39:33 AM
Very serious. Why you may ask?

- Could be testing the hack to confirm it before reporting.
- Cant see how many games the player has hacked.
- What's a point of logs?

If such a power given it would probably be for GM's, only.

'Could be testing the hack to confirm it before reporting.'
'Cant see how many games the player has hacked.'

Why wouldn't you be able to see how many games they hacked? Just sit in the lobby and hover over the room after each game and you can see the result of each game. Take a screenshot each time. There's your proof.  No need to wait around for logs to be checked.

'Whats the point of logs?'

what do you mean what is the point of logs? are you suggesting that.. if a better alternative for finding hackers is introduced.. that just for the sake of logs staying relevant, we shouldn't add it? what? that's like saying you shouldn't invent a motor vehicle because horse and buggy would no longer have a use.

pretty simple concept

and Allie that comparison was a simple analogy of a better, new way of doing something vs a worse, old way of doing something

obviously comparing an online game to the invention of the motor vehicle would be an extreme hyperbole, I figured people would understand that is was an analogy.

Allie

Quote from: Cooky on November 07, 2013, 01:46:50 AM
and Allie that comparison was a simple analogy of a better, new way of doing something vs a worse, old way of doing something

Your analogy is an opinion. The logs provide a more efficient, more detailed version of what happened.
It is not nearly a better, new way. It is a new, easy-to-use, inefficient way that does not actually tell you enough information for a ban.

Selene

Very serious. Why you may ask?

- Cant see how many games the player has hacked.
- What's a point of logs?

If such a power given it would probably be for GM's, only.

'Could be testing the hack to confirm it before reporting.'
'Cant see how many games the player has hacked.'

Why wouldn't you be able to see how many games they hacked? Just sit in the lobby and hover over the room after each game and you can see the result of each game. Take a screenshot each time. There's your proof.  No need to wait around for logs to be checked.

'Whats the point of logs?'

what do you mean what is the point of logs? are you suggesting that.. if a better alternative for finding hackers is introduced.. that just for the sake of logs staying relevant, we shouldn't add it? what? that's like saying you shouldn't invent a motor vehicle because horse and buggy would no longer have a use.

pretty simple concept

obviously comparing an online game to the invention of the motor vehicle would be an extreme hyperbole, I figured people would understand that is was an analogy.
The truth is that it really wouldn't help because even if it got implanted I would still double check anyhow. I do for the survival cases you people report and would do the same if I had the Sector, so no it would be pointless.

Cooky

Quote from: Allie on November 07, 2013, 01:48:38 AM

Your analogy is an opinion. The logs provide a more efficient, more detailed version of what happened.
It is not nearly a better, new way. It is a new, easy-to-use, inefficient way that does not actually tell you enough information for a ban.

so if I see theres a lvl 50 in a locked room with max 1 players and all slots closed, and I hover over the room and see that   playerx completed lvl 239 in 1:13 on hard last round, and I sit  in lobby and see he finished another round, I hover over and see he again completed lvl 239 in 1:20 this time, then wait and see that again he completes it in 1:13, that is not enough proof that he is a hacker?  it may not be the end-all solution for finding hackers but gosh you cant act like it wouldn't be helpful at all. every mod would pounce at the opportunity to have a tool like this at their disposal.

Allie

Quote from: Cooky on November 07, 2013, 01:55:46 AM
Quote from: Allie on November 07, 2013, 01:48:38 AM

so if I see theres a lvl 50 in a locked room with max 1 players and all slots closed, and I hover over the room and see that   playerx completed lvl 239 in 1:13 on hard last round, and I sit  in lobby and see he finished another round, I hover over and see he again completed lvl 239 in 1:20 this time, then wait and see that again he completes it in 1:13, that is not enough proof that he is a hacker?  it may not be the end-all solution for finding hackers but gosh you cant act like it wouldn't be helpful at all. every mod would pounce at the opportunity to have a tool like this at their disposal.

I now present to you, this thread

http://boutcheetah.zylongaming.com/index.php?topic=47054.0

Cooky

mygodZzZ

0o0 what do you mean "testing the hack" i read that line like 10 times, didn't get it...

interesting idea cooky, +1 Cuz, what won't be bothering me, dont care to vote for it..

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-