May 12, 2024, 08:40:05 PMLatest Member: GabrielOneds
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other » GFX » Tutorial to put your name on a ScreenShot.

Tutorial to put your name on a ScreenShot.

Started by mygodZzZ, January 29, 2014, 10:19:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mygodZzZ

January 29, 2014, 10:19:02 AM Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 10:30:37 AM by mygodZzZ
So I'm making a new tutorial since you didn't really like the last one ( I admit, It was dumb), so I hope you will like this one.

Okay starting, not b4 we start I'm not so good at the program photoshop so I'm showing with what I'm capable with.

So this is the sig I'm using to demonstrate:

Requirements: Photoshop/ Imagready

Lets start with the Tutorial by steps:

• Step 1: Get a screen shot (SS) of you In-game (Print Screen)
(click to show/hide)
  • Step 2: Crop the Image to any size you want ( I used 85 width and 70 hight ) with the Crop tool.
  • Step 3: After you cropped your image go to Cooltext.com and pick any text you like. This is the Text I chose:
(click to show/hide)
  • Step 4:Open the text you created with the Screenshot you took
(click to show/hide)
  • Step 5: Choose the Move Tool and pick up the text you created and simply move it To your Screenshot

And walla! You got yourself a sig:

Enjoy!

-Speedy-

Not really a true sig. More of a picture with text of your choosing. I suggest you should try to watch some guides and make someone a bit cooler that might take more time.

#1 *Sector Nub*
-Speedy-, Speedy II, Speedy III

JustRK

January 29, 2014, 12:38:01 PM #2 Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 12:40:27 PM by JustRK
Do you secretly advertise for cooltext or something?  :P

It's kind of unfortunate that photoshop has so many design elements and it cost so much (though most people crack it), yet you're only using it to paste pre-made text (you might as well tell them to use paint). You could seriously download any custom text pack for usage in photoshop (which is as easy to do as this tutorial) and play around with the brushes and filters to start if you don't know how layers and some other functions work.

I suggest that you actually go learn some actual skills in gfx before posting tutorials. Sorry  :P  I know I'm not someone who heavily partakes in gfx, but I at least know how to use most if not all of the elements in photoshop to properly edit a picture.

qolderman

IGN: Caustic

^thanks cooky <3
Quote from: Cooky on August 03, 2014, 12:05:07 AM
whats wrong with eating a sock

mygodZzZ

January 29, 2014, 02:14:13 PM #4 Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 02:21:44 PM by mygodZzZ
Quote from: qolderman on January 29, 2014, 12:42:40 PM
Quote from: -Speedy- on January 29, 2014, 11:57:13 AM
Not really a true sig.
Then what's "a true sig" for you?
I'm pretty sure a sig is w/e you write below the sign that says "Signature:" on your profile..

@RK's  I already have said I don't know how to make my own, The site cooltext gives you a chance to generate Names, etc. for yourself
inb4 you say I stole something, this site is made for people to do thing such as a sig.

You all see? I made my 1st Tutorial, you didn't like it and say I steal. Okay no biggy, I changed it.
Now you're still negative about it! Why are you always negative about only my posts?
I think this is a very specific and EASY Tutorial and I don't really see what's wrong with it.

Iridion

aw cmon  he sucks at making suggestions but atleast hes determined in making sigs

(its meant to be a nice comment :( )

Quote from: Madproxyes because Iri & Kp can change the rules!
thats how we roll maddie

mygodZzZ

Quote from: Iridion on January 29, 2014, 02:29:12 PM
aw cmon  he sucks at making suggestions but atleast hes determined in making sigs

It's fine o.0
I have no Idea b4 i suggest that you piple don't like my suggestion, but that's off topic.
I'm not determined in making sigs, I just showed a simple 5 steps in how to make a simple sig (and yes it is a sig!) Wasn't expecting any negativity on that one (I get negativity even on my good stuff?) -_- whuts wrong wid u piple?

Iridion

Quote from: mygodZzZ on January 29, 2014, 02:34:39 PM
Quote from: Iridion on January 29, 2014, 02:29:12 PM
aw cmon  he sucks at making suggestions but atleast hes determined in making sigs

It's fine o.0
I have no Idea b4 i suggest that you piple don't like my suggestion, but that's off topic.
I'm not determined in making sigs, I just showed a simple 5 steps in how to make a simple sig (and yes it is a sig!) Wasn't expecting any negativity on that one (I get negativity even on my good stuff?) -_- whuts wrong wid u piple?
people
please
its people
: )

thats how we roll maddie

qolderman

The problem is your "sigs" are very easy to do and like 0.15% of people will use it (not trying to be rude). Look up for some tuts and put your time in sigs.
IGN: Caustic

^thanks cooky <3
Quote from: Cooky on August 03, 2014, 12:05:07 AM
whats wrong with eating a sock

Selene

You should actually go look some tutorials and learn how to make signatures instead of just adding a text on a picture which isn't really considered as a signature.

What do you think a signature is? I don't think you know what it is.

Allie

.......at least put your quality to high in-game before taking the screeny man.

mygodZzZ

Quote from: Selene on January 29, 2014, 03:29:10 PM
You should actually go look some tutorials and learn how to make signatures instead of just adding a text on a picture which isn't really considered as a signature.

In signature I meant the signature we all have, Meaning: any picture or writing you have after every post you make, I didn't mean any other thing..    You know, the thing admins created on forums so people can see your signature under your posts?
the thing called "Signature:" on the profile section?

Quote from: Allie on January 29, 2014, 03:32:01 PM
My Pc is S**t, barely works on high..

Gawd piple. you always have something wrong to say and only about my *****ng posts!
i made a Tutorial for a REALLY QUICK sig for people to use, because some people (as myself) don't know how to do "tuts" and S**t like that. Tell me what's so wrong about making a "5 step siggy"?
WHY DOES IT BOTHERS YOU?

something like "nice tutorial, didn't like it though" Would'v worked..

Iridion

do you selene_cutie? :p

inb4 google

thats how we roll maddie

mygodZzZ

It makes my Pc stuck, maybe you wanna try to fix it??
I guess not, So if people already saying bad stuff about any of my posts, at least don't tell me how to make my own Tutorial..

Selene

Quote from: mygodZzZ on January 29, 2014, 03:41:17 PM

In signature I meant the signature we all have, Meaning: any picture or writing you have after every post you make, I didn't mean any other thing..    You know, the thing admins created on forums so people can see your signature under your posts?
.....I didn't mean that.. I meant do you know what a signature is like.... What you have to do on it... Do you?

DevilzDemise

Quote from: mygodZzZ on January 29, 2014, 04:57:55 PM
It makes my PC stuck

It makes your pc "stuck" as you put it because maybe your computer can't keep up with the graphics. It's nothing to do with the game, perhaps just buy a new graphics card and even ask them to put it in your pc for you if you don't already know how to do it.

Gawd piple. you always have something wrong to say and only about my *****ng posts!
i made a Tutorial for a REALLY QUICK sig for people to use, because some people (as myself) don't know how to do "tuts" and S**t
something like "nice tutorial, didn't like it though" Would'v worked..

It's not only "your" posts. Many people have had criticism and comments made about their posts because of bad ideas or just because they don't see any point in the post, or what your opinion involves. Not everyone can see eye to eye, and like everything in life. It's not just you, you're not special. I appreciate the fact you made a tutorial on this, and the fact you put time of your day away too do this to help/benefit other people, so good job only for the fact you decided to try too help people. However, too improve this you could try download some free programme's and attempt at taking some feedback, or advice from a fellow person with skills of gfx, and learn how to do really time-taken, amazing art-work which would be admired more. If you post something like this, your bound to get people who don't like it, because of the quality and how easy it is too do and doesn't benefit many just for example in-game you have giga parts which everyone has, but everyone wants items like jack, darkmeto, metowing etc. This tutorial is like a giga part, signature's created by people who take time and effort and days sometimes too make are like the rare/zylon items. If you complain because you don't know how to do tutorial's, then perhaps take the time your spending on making low quality one's, to try and learn new and better skills to make more appealing and better tutorials that could help a more wider array of people in the community. You say, nice tutorial don't like it though but then if they said it was nice, they would be lying if it is their personal opinion they are just saying what they think and giving you feedback on it. Wouldn't you prefer the truth then a lie?, and critism is given help you understand it's bad. You could do better, all the time in life you will be told you suck at things, you can't do this, you can't do that. Well instead of giving feedback like you have just accept the fact people don't like it and improve yourself to prove them wrong. The only reason they post so much on your posts, is because you post a lot of them, quite often that's why it may seem it's only you. Just try take more time and think about things. Just trying too help i hope, well upwards and onwards, look forward to seeing some good sigs from you in time to come.

http://www.gimp.org/downloads/  <~~ Try that too start with, and just play around and experiment.

mygodZzZ

Quote from: Selene on January 29, 2014, 05:04:43 PM

.....I didn't mean that.. I meant do you know what a signature is like.... What you have to do on it... Do you?
Idk, Have your own style of pic, creativity, but we both meant 2 different things, so that doesn't really matters.

Selene

January 29, 2014, 09:15:13 PM #17 Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 09:35:20 PM by Selene
Quote from: mygodZzZ on January 29, 2014, 07:45:39 PM

In signature I meant the signature we all have, Meaning: any picture or writing you have after every post you make, I didn't mean any other thing..    You know, the thing admins created on forums so people can see your signature under your posts?
Idk, Have your own style of pic, creativity, but we both meant 2 different things, so that doesn't really matters.
You didn't have any style or creativity though. All you did was add a text and got a random picture and didn't do anything thing to it.

123bomb123

a signature can be anything, I don't get why you're even arguing about this. if he wants to show people how to make a signature the way he does it, then let him.

oh and rule 14 (or 15) of the forums; no causing drama for the sake of drama/antagonizing.
IGN: MisterZ

ZeaL - Rank 1 in antagonizing, just
because.

Rub me out like genies, won't concede til I'm graffiti
Quote from: Yz on January 14, 2012, 06:48:35 PM
mrz is like top 40 and would probly be like
"fuk yeh n00bs im god bow to god''

-Speedy-

The only thing i recommend to you is to not get so mad when someone gives there opinion. Selene is just trying to put you in the right path to making a good signature using gimp or photoshop. Yes, your picture with text is technically a signature but if you have seen Angrods, Ians and Detreks work you would know what a true signature is. We are all here just trying to help no need to get mad at people. I can't judge to much because  i used to have a short temper and get mad at people for trying to help me and now i realize it was all said to help me succeed in the long hall. If someone offends your work then prove them wrong for the next time and show them you can be victorious.

#1 *Sector Nub*
-Speedy-, Speedy II, Speedy III

mygodZzZ

January 30, 2014, 10:29:43 AM #20 Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 10:34:51 AM by mygodZzZ
Quote from: Selene on January 29, 2014, 09:15:13 PM
Quote from: mygodZzZ on January 29, 2014, 07:45:39 PM

You didn't have any style or creativity though. All you did was add a text and got a random picture and didn't do anything thing to it.
As I already have said, I don't know any better -_-..
And as I've already said, I am trying to show how to make a cool (or not) picture with your name on it, instead of having a normal text of "IGN: xxxxx"
Maybe you don't like it, and maybe most of you know how to make it, but maybe I've helped 2% of who saw this (or not).
If it's not exactly a "sig" (that I've already said, a sig in the profile that said "Signature:") then how exactly do you want me to call it?
Maybe a Tutorial for a lame picture with your name on it?

I will try to show a better Tutorial when I learn (possibly) how to make cooler Pictures of my own (and not a lame screen shot).
Maybe you will same lame, I will say a start..

P.s: Can any of you gimme a link for Photoshop CS4 or 5 cracked? (6 works only for better windows and mine is windows Xp)

Iridion

Quote from: 123bomb123 on January 29, 2014, 09:19:08 PM
a signature can be anything, I don't get why you're even arguing about this. if he wants to show people how to make a signature the way he does it, then let him.

oh and rule 14 (or 15) of the forums; no causing drama for the sake of drama/antagonizing.

they probably want to be cool by being rude but they arent

ehehehe ****s

thats how we roll maddie

Allie

Quote from: Iridion on January 30, 2014, 01:43:51 PM

ehehehe ****s

wow u just described z so well
i couldnt have done better

Iridion

Quote from: Allie on January 30, 2014, 04:06:29 PM
Quote from: Iridion on January 30, 2014, 01:43:51 PM

ehehehe ****s

wow u just described z so well
i couldnt have done better

i often describe z very well because of my in-bed relationship with her, but thats not the case alliefiradear :)

thats how we roll maddie

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-