May 03, 2024, 03:35:09 AMLatest Member: Clydepaf
BoutCheetah » Forum » BoutCheetah Community » General Discussion » Norton - Scanning BC and removing.

Norton - Scanning BC and removing.

Started by briankang10, December 30, 2013, 11:44:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

briankang10

December 30, 2013, 11:44:03 PM Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 12:10:52 AM by briankang10
Simple steps how to turn off my firewall for a second, or change settings to allow Norton to install BC back onto my computer please, and thank you :).

EDIT: If anyone knows feel free to drop me a pm, it would be much appreciated.

JustRK

Quote from: briankang10 on December 30, 2013, 11:44:03 PM
Simple steps how to turn off my firewall for a second, or change settings to allow Norton to install BC back onto my computer please, and thank you :).

I know you said PM, but in case anyone else had this question I'll try to help you here.

Most anti-virus programs having something called a white list or exclusion list.  Usually found in Computer settings within the program you will be able to find a tab that will allow you to choose a program you want it to skip when scanning or keep away from being quarantined. Just add bout.exe  on there and it should be a-okay ^^

briankang10

Quote from: JustRK on December 31, 2013, 12:15:41 AM

I know you said PM, but in case anyone else had this question I'll try to help you here.

Most anti-virus programs having something called a white list or exclusion list.  Usually found in Computer settings within the program you will be able to find a tab that will allow you to choose a program you want it to skip when scanning or keep away from being quarantined. Just add bout.exe  on there and it should be a-okay ^^

Thanks fount the exclusions list in norton just can't seem too find bout.exe. -_-.

Purple

Quote from: briankang10 on December 31, 2013, 12:20:43 AM

Thanks fount the exclusions list in norton just can't seem too find bout.exe. -_-.

It's in the following path C:\Zylon Gaming\BoutCheetah\

^**** im special xd

briankang10

Quote from: Purple on December 31, 2013, 12:23:01 AM

Tried that too, says it doesn't excist.

Purple

Quote from: briankang10 on December 31, 2013, 12:26:28 AM

Then,

A) You don't have Boutcheetah installed

B) You have it installed on a different drive than C:

^**** im special xd

briankang10

Quote from: Purple on December 31, 2013, 12:32:50 AM

Then,

I mis-interpreted my problem aha, i haven't got it installed. What i'm trying to do is install it, but norton keeps removing the setup -_-

Purple

December 31, 2013, 12:35:54 AM #7 Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 12:37:55 AM by Purple
Quote from: briankang10 on December 31, 2013, 12:34:16 AM
Quote from: Purple on December 31, 2013, 12:32:50 AM

Most anti-virus programs having something called a white list or exclusion list.  Usually found in Computer settings within the program you will be able to find a tab that will allow you to choose a program you want it to skip when scanning or keep away from being quarantined. Just add bout.exe  on there and it should be a-okay ^^

Then,

I mis-interpreted my problem aha, i haven't got it installed. What i'm trying to do is install it, but norton keeps removing the setup -_-

I don't know much about Norton but I imagine this would work.

Disable norton until you have BC installed. Then add bout.exe as an exception and then re-enable norton.

EDIT: Also, I would recommend getting Avast instead of Norton. It has a lot less false positives and is generally less intrusive while still keeping your system safe.

^**** im special xd

briankang10

December 31, 2013, 12:38:20 AM #8 Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 12:40:55 AM by briankang10
So how do you turn this crap off?, annoying me now -_-

Purple

Quote from: briankang10 on December 31, 2013, 12:38:20 AM

This is what Google told me:

here's what you should do:

1. Right click on the Norton icon by the system clock

2. Click on Turn off Auto-Protect

^**** im special xd

briankang10

Quote from: Purple on December 31, 2013, 12:43:24 AM
Quote from: briankang10 on December 31, 2013, 12:38:20 AM

This is what Google told me:

here's what you should do:

1. Right click on the Norton icon by the system clock

2. Click on Turn off Auto-Protect

Google has all the answers. Sweet, trying it now. Thanks.

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-