May 08, 2024, 07:53:08 PMLatest Member: ts00060
BoutCheetah » Forum » BoutCheetah Community » Tips and Guides » Never use an image hosting website again! Puush - Uploads for you in seconds

Never use an image hosting website again! Puush - Uploads for you in seconds

Started by Cooky, March 03, 2013, 08:39:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cooky

Hello friends, this here is a program I have used for the last few months to make reporting hackers and other rulebreakers a lot easier. Its a program called puush and its completely free and easy to use. I am going to guide you through how us players can get the most out of it, and how it can help us report rulebreakers!

Here is the link to the website where you can download it for Windows or for Mac:

http://puush.me/

For starters, puush is a program for taking screenshots on your computer. Using simple key combinations, you can take screenshots of your entire screen, your current window, or an area of your choice in seconds, and puush will automatically upload the image for you and copy the link so all you have to do is paste it.

The default puush controls are as follows:

'Capture Area' is the one I use all the time. When you press the key combination, it gives you a cursor where you can click and drag over which area you want to screenshot. Simply release the mouse when you have the area you want, and it will take the screenshot. Then, it will begin uploading it. If you have your volume on you will here a little 'ding' noise when its been uploaded. Now all you have to do is press ctrl+v (or paste) and you instantly have the image uploaded and ready to show, just add the image tags.

The other one I use is 'Capture Current Window'. Instead of taking a screenshot and having to find it on the folder, open a new tab.. go to the image website of your choice.. uploading the image and copy and pasting the link.. all you have to do is press ctrl+shift+2 and the current window will be screenshotted, uploaded, and the link will automatically be copied! In seconds!

Please note that puush does not run on your taskbar, there is no windows to open or minimize. You can find it on the bottom right of your screen (on Windows at least) and if you right click the puush icon (an arrow) you will get to see this:

It shows you all the controls (in case you forget them) and also lets you see your recent uploads. This is also where you can click settings to change them if you want.

If you hover over one of your recent uploads.. it will show you a thumbnail of the image and you can just click open in browser or copy to clipboard to have the image ready to go right away.  

Under settings you can change all sorts of things. You can disable the sound if you want (I leave it on, its very helpful to know when the image has been uploaded). You can also configure it so that with each screenshot you take, it will save a copy to your computer.

If you create an account (I cant remember if its required or not - its completely free anyway), all of your screenshots will be stored on your account. There is a limit to the ammount your account can hold and you will have to start deleting them if it gets full, but you shouldnt have to worry too much about that because I have taken over 1200 screenshots and mine is only 70% full. This is very handy in case you forget the link or something, you can go to your account and find the screenshot. To go to your account just right click the puush icon on the bottom right of your screen and click My Account.

One other great feature of puush is that all images on your computer can be uploaded with just the click of a mouse. After downloading puush, when right clicking any image file on your computer.. you will see an option named 'puush'. Selecting this will automatically upload the file and copy the link for you! Want to quickly upload a screenshot from your screenshot folder? Just right click and press puush! It couldnt be much easier then that. No more using image hosting websites, no more waiting!

I should point out a slight problem I have with puush and Bout Cheetah. For whatever reason (I havent had this problem with other programs), when Bout Cheetah is the active window, it will not let you capture area or capture the active window. A simple solution is to minimize all open programs except for bout cheetah. Then click on your desktop. Now it will let you capture area or capture the active window.

Madprox

IGN: GM Max | Level: 270 | Guild: Utopia

Robocop7ant

<br />

Vobck

Usefull guide, I think I might switch from taking the pic with Impr-pet sis, then taking a pic with Gyazo, to this.

Eat4two

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-