May 10, 2024, 05:18:43 PMLatest Member: Valerie54O
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other » Off Topic » Funny.

Funny.

Started by Purple, April 12, 2013, 01:38:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple

Quote from: Rossbach on April 12, 2013, 10:41:31 PM
Quote from: Purple on April 12, 2013, 10:38:03 PM
Quote from: Rossbach on April 12, 2013, 10:29:42 PM
Quote from: Purple on April 12, 2013, 10:20:55 PM
Quote from: Rossbach on April 12, 2013, 10:16:05 PM
Quote from: Purple on April 12, 2013, 10:14:40 PM
Quote from: Rossbach on April 12, 2013, 10:12:09 PM
Quote from: Purple on April 12, 2013, 10:05:08 PM
Quote from: Rossbach on April 12, 2013, 10:03:20 PM
Quote from: Purple on April 12, 2013, 09:57:52 PM
Quote from: Rossbach on April 12, 2013, 09:54:08 PM
Quote from: Purple on April 12, 2013, 09:44:04 PM
Quote from: Rossbach on April 12, 2013, 09:19:54 PM
Quote from: Purple on April 12, 2013, 09:11:59 PM
Quote from: Rossbach on April 12, 2013, 09:07:41 PM
Quote from: Purple on April 12, 2013, 08:55:12 PM
Quote from: Rossbach on April 12, 2013, 08:46:59 PM
Quote from: Purple on April 12, 2013, 07:49:34 PM
Quote from: Rossbach on April 12, 2013, 06:14:17 PM
Ya lets have them work on videos everyday, and not release any in-game updates.  ::)

/Inb4 do them weekly or something because then that is simply your option on what active / inactive are. Also inactive is not using something for a long time, however they are using it and gong on it.

"4 months ago was your last vid. inactive ::)"

4 months = inactive = opinion

Ross actually released a vid 3 weeks ago, but is hidden to the public. Ross constantly uses it, thus not inactive.

What if Ross said he releases a vid every 5 months?

Inactive? That is just your opinion.

Oh right and there is the thing of rushing videos that lead them to be unprofessional.

Asmit is expecting too much from this company that is run by 2/3 people, who are not even doing this as a full time job. If you really thought this was a professional full fledged company you are wrong.

Allie's done things based off of the company being/looking proffesional multiple times.
Like removing the colored name for members, she said she did it because it looked unprofessional

and like I said before: if 100 people looked at a channel page and saw that the last video was months ago, 99% of them would say that it's inactive or not very active.

Tried but failed.  ::)

Still opinion for each person on what inactive is considered, and that being inactive on crappy youtube is considered unprofessional is also option. Ross likes how your voicing other peoples options in your post without actually knowing. Kinda funny.

Would you prefer crappy videos on youtube or in game updates?  ::)

I was just making an educated guess. I wouldn't really consider it voicing others' opinions.

Who said youtube videos had to interfere with in-game updates? ::)

Ross is the one who said that. The time put into them has to come from somewhere.  ::)

"...who are not even doing this as a full time job"

I don't see why one of them couldn't take 30 minutes out of their day / week / 2 weeks / month to make a video. ::)

Or they could spend that 30 mins doing in-game updates.  ::)

What next? Want them working 24/7? They got other stuff to do besides BC.

Also it would not be really professional if they release a bunch of crappy un-professional videos that they put little to none effort into.
You're exaggerating things that i'm saying. Them spending 30 minutes of them doing nothing useful wouldn't be bad.

Decent quality is enough for a company that is run by 2-3 people.

Second part yes, first part no. Wat? Them spending 30 mins on something useless is not bad wat? So your saying spending 30 mins on useless videos is not bad when they could be spending those 30 mins doing something useful?

Your opinion. Ross would demand a lot more in the videos if they chose to make them to be a professional company. / Opinion  ::)

I worded first part wrong.
If they took 30 minutes of the time that they would normally waste on something useless, they could easily make decent quality videos.

Opinions are amazing, aren't they? ::)

Ya but what Ross is saying is that they could spend that 30 mins from the useless time to make vids to actually work on in-game updates. So yes the videos do affect in-game updates, as any amount of they they spend on the videos, they can spend working on in-game updates.

Your opinion.  ::)

What I should've said is: Doing videos won't slow down the updates.

My opinion is that your opinion about opinions is a good opinion. ::)

Just to note; Ross edited last post.

It would kinda "slow down the updates" as they use time they could be using for doing updates for videos. Even if they are taking it out of useless time, and they are released on what they normally would be, they could also spend that 30 mins rather on a crappy video but on the updates to release it 30 mins early.  ::)

I was gonna say it wouldn't slow it down any further, but I didn't think that was needed.

Guess I should've said: "Doing videos won't make the updates come out any slower then they already are"

Ross knew that but still wanted to bring out what he said, on that the updates could be released sooner, and what would  be the better choice / opinion.

Also edited that post, look at it again.
#2 could be used to make videos about the updates, making people more hyped.
Sure it would potentially slow down the rate at which updates could come out, but people would know more about them / want them more.
Also, youtube can be used to inform people about something big that happened in bc. Not everyone uses the forums, but most people have a youtube account.

Just to note; edited last post lol..

True, but what positives does that have? People rushing to buy membership? Maybe.

Personally it would kinda ruin the surprise depending on what they release, and if they wanted people to know they could easily spend 10 mins making a post about it rather than 30 mins for a vid, which brings us into the next part.

You are possibly right on that, possibly not, but how do people find the videos? Because it is advertised on the forum, and in the launcher. (/ Also they will notice from subscription box, which is a positive Ross will admit.) So ignoring that for now, the first way they would find the vid would be the forum, so it shows they do in-fact view it. As for the second way they could just advertise the topic and include a link to it in the launcher.  ::)

I don't think it would overwork them. Like you said, they aren't doing this full time. Then again you may be right about that.

They could advertise it with an automatic message in the lobby saying something like "Check out the Zylongaming youtube channel for.."

Also, getting traffic directed to the youtube channel could have a number of benefits. The most obvious being more people would know about the game. Second being that after so many views they could join the Google Adsense program and start monetizing content that they made. Thus leading to more money > greater chance of being able to support more than just 2-3 devs > greater chance for the company to grow > greater chance for more updates > greater chance for more games.

--

True, but could also for the topic though.

True on that, but youtube ads don't really generate that much money, especially on a small player base.  ::)

Ross could also argue "more" in game and better updates = more people wanting to be members = money.

Best thing the videos could do is to advertise the game. But if the videos are not that good people may not feel like trying it out, and besides there is already a lot of videos out there advertising for BC.

For legal reasons I can't specifically say how much Google Adsense generates, but I can say it would be more than a 1yr membership for the work that they have already done. Seems worth it to me.

"But if the videos are not that good people may not feel like trying it out"
"and besides there is already a lot of videos that are not that good out there advertising for BC.
Sure it's nice to see some community content and it should be encouraged(which it is, i'm not saying it isn't), but I think people would like to see some decent quality video of the game before deciding to download it.

^**** im special xd

Yz

stop ****ing quote pyramiding pls
DISCORD killyzkill

Purple

Quote from: Yz on April 12, 2013, 11:40:02 PM

gonna put in my sig as biggest quote pyramid from a legit convo.

^**** im special xd

Yz

Quote from: Purple on April 12, 2013, 11:41:37 PM
Quote from: Yz on April 12, 2013, 11:40:02 PM

gonna put in my sig as biggest quote pyramid from a legit convo.

wehn le asmit talking about things that are right & wrong make me laff hippopacrit
DISCORD killyzkill

Rossbach

April 13, 2013, 02:10:32 AM #49 Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 02:21:19 AM by Yz
Allie and Kenny will never reach the quality of Ross' old vids before the resolution change. /ComeatRoss.  ::)

But no seriously, Ross does not see how they will make high quality vids from this game. They are not in anyways that Ross knows about good at making videos. /Just guessing./ There are probably people from the community would would be able to do a better job.  Ross knows he kinda contradicted himself, but yeh...  

Omnomnom eating toast.

Purple

Quote from: medchiller on April 12, 2013, 09:17:29 PM
If you're not willing to do it yourself then I don't believe you are in the shoes to talk.  :-\

I'd be willing to make the videos if:
I got the rma number to return the broken mic I got
They fixed the resolution.

was going to reply to this earlier but I wanted to keep the pyramid going for as long as possible.

^**** im special xd

Cooky

omg u guys learn how to quote 1 person not the whole conversation.. please.. it takes like 5 seconds..

Purple

Quote from: Cooky on April 13, 2013, 07:15:51 AM
omg u guys learn how to quote 1 person not the whole conversation.. please.. it takes like 5 seconds..

we were doing it on purpose omg u nub learn to tell when someone is doing something on purpose...please...it takes like 5 seconds

^**** im special xd

Iridion

please guys dont fight
lets all agree about ross' channel being unactive instead

Quote from: Madproxyes because Iri & Kp can change the rules!
thats how we roll maddie

mo9

Quote from: Iridion on April 13, 2013, 07:56:03 AM
please guys dont fight
lets all agree about ross' channel being unactive instead
  best idea everar 
ZeaL Rank 1 BvB, just because

vv secks box

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-