May 07, 2024, 04:45:33 AMLatest Member: Hayden91P9
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other » Off Topic » Wii, PS3, or Xbox360?

Wii, PS3, or Xbox360?

Started by paki, September 19, 2010, 03:51:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paki

Thinking of buying a console after like 2 years of thought.

got $410 to spend, and thinking of buying a wii, but not shur.

I want some of your opinions on the pros and cons of the systems. since i know for a fact you forumers must have 1 of the 3.

Just dropped by to ask this question, im not coming back.

-poke

Iridion

HAI POKE <3

With ps3 you can play w/ lone and iri

:3

Quote from: Madproxyes because Iri & Kp can change the rules!
thats how we roll maddie

paki

Quote from: iridion3 on September 19, 2010, 03:54:20 AM
HAI POKE <3

With ps3 you can play w/ lone and iri

:3

Hy ,#

I was thinking ps3 or wii,

ps3 cuz its epic, wii cuz its got wiifit and i dont wanna lazy mw2 jerk somebody all day.

Iridion

thats how we roll maddie

paki

Quote from: iridion3 on September 19, 2010, 03:59:43 AM
LOL WII FIT LOLOL

iFeel i've grown out of gaming for the most part,

so why not?

7ehNoob

poke?! i thought we agreed on xbox? so we can, you know. chill.

[TehNoobPatch Lv217 #158]
[I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.]

iwasbobo

If you're playing with friends, Wii is definitely the way to go. 360 has better online game play, however PS3 is good because of the free online.

Quote from: Pokeh'this is called the blockimus-glieicha, also known as the block glitch'

The Guy

^^
Also most better features with the PS3 such as blue ray.. so can be used for more things..

iwasbobo

The quality isn't amazing on PS3. As well, you can watch videos on the 360, too.

Blue ray it may have, but hook it up to a big screen TV and you'll notice the poor quality. xD

Quote from: Pokeh'this is called the blockimus-glieicha, also known as the block glitch'

Bounty

Don't get an Xbox 360.
Rd rings.

Get a PS3.

|**** a bitch - Respect a women - Love a lady|

iwasbobo

Quote from: Bounty on September 19, 2010, 01:08:38 PM
Don't get an Xbox 360.
Rd rings.

Get a PS3.

Only happens to retards who play for 10 + hours straight. >_>

The Guy

Quote from: Bounty on September 19, 2010, 01:08:38 PM
Don't get an Xbox 360.
Rd rings.

Get a PS3.
Some can be easily fixed with just a blow of the fan and a play around with the Hardrive.
But i have xbox 360 and i have had only one problem with it and microsoft payed for it all to be fixed.

Iridion

Poke you dont want to play with players like the one above, right? PS3!!!

thats how we roll maddie

Bounty

Quote from: iwasbobo on September 19, 2010, 01:13:22 PM
Only happens to retards who play for 10 + hours straight. >_>

Oh Idk.

I only have a computer only. :P

|**** a bitch - Respect a women - Love a lady|

t41nt3d_s1n

ps3 or 360

wii jus isnt in the same league as the other two consoles ;\

ps3 has free online play (psn)
360 requires payment for online play, about 60 bucks a year.

ps3 does not come with a bluetooth headset.
360 comes with its own headset.

there are games that are exclusive to only ps3 or 360, and 360's controller is much easier to use imo ;\.

since you have 410 to spend, id go with the xbox (the new slim model is pretty sweet D;).
::·´`·.¸.>> 致å'½çš,,æ‰"击 [coup de grâce] <<·´`·.¸.::

-----

|ADAPT|CHANGE|EVOLVE|

|METAMORPHOSIS|

-----

iwasbobo

Quote from: t41nt3d_s1n on September 19, 2010, 02:15:33 PM
ps3 or 360

wii jus isnt in the same league as the other two consoles ;\

ps3 has free online play (psn)
360 requires payment for online play, about 60 bucks a year.

ps3 does not come with a bluetooth headset.
360 comes with its own headset.

there are games that are exclusive to only ps3 or 360, and 360's controller is much easier to use imo ;\.

since you have 410 to spend, id go with the xbox (the new slim model is pretty sweet D;).

I repeat.

Wii is easily the best if you're playing with a group of people. However, if Poke is a loner with no friends, then he should get a 360. xD

Gramps

Bobo is spot on. I have a wii for the family to use, might get myself another 360 though ;)

^^meaty, muncay, zom & kenny <3

paki

Quote from: iwasbobo on September 19, 2010, 04:49:47 PM
I repeat.

Wii is easily the best if you're playing with a group of people. However, if Poke is a loner with no friends, then he should get a 360. xD

/lolgetsawii.

I've narrowed it down to either ps3 or wii.

im not willing to pay to play online, unless theirs some firmware hack to do it for free : D

ps3, cuz it haz cod6, gt4 etc. good gamez.
wii, cuz it has awshum mario kart, and stuff.

Sorry preston D:

iwasbobo

I've got a Wii and a 360; works out fine.

One thing I've noticed about PS3 controllers is that the analog sticks "slide" when pushed down. Makes it weird to snipe in CoD. xD

Also, it seems to me that the PS3 has a laggier server for their games. Most likely because the free online game play doesn't give allow them to get any money.

Iridion

If you are referring to MW2 it doesn't have dedicated servers. o_o

thats how we roll maddie

iwasbobo

That's the only PS3 game I've played online, so that might explain it. xD

Iridion

Yah, players slash you with commando trough the walls. o_o

thats how we roll maddie

iwasbobo

t41nt3d_s1n

-----

|ADAPT|CHANGE|EVOLVE|

|METAMORPHOSIS|

-----

Iridion

It's awesome when someone watches hb sensor all the time and get owned by those ninjas ;D

thats how we roll maddie

iwasbobo

SitRep Pro + Turtle Beaches = Winrar.

=D.

Iridion

For those who can afford them ::)
and sitrep is a big pain in the ass to get D:

thats how we roll maddie

iwasbobo

Iridion

Players on ps3 are too stupid to boost/def from hunters o_o

thats how we roll maddie

iwasbobo

Get a couple friends, make everyone appear offline, and go in FFA.

BOOM. You get to boost.

t41nt3d_s1n

;\ i got into a 10th prestige lobby...

woo sitrep pro ;D

-----

|ADAPT|CHANGE|EVOLVE|

|METAMORPHOSIS|

-----

paki

t41nt3d_s1n

-----

|ADAPT|CHANGE|EVOLVE|

|METAMORPHOSIS|

-----

zomniethe4

Zom

iwasbobo

paki

zomniethe4

Wait don't just get a wii think about all the features it has compared to the playstation 3. The wii you can get up and get moving and stuff but with the ps3 you can do a lot more example you have playstation network, blue ray DVD player, certain games you can move the controller around to play, you can save movies and music . with the wii you can also play one of my favorite- game ube games you can create mii's and enter contest, go back in past and buy old nintendo games to play on the wii but it's main purpose is to keep people in shape so it's all on you.   Also I wouldve had this a lot more organized and some words might be different because I'm doing this on my ipod

Zom

iwasbobo

Blue ray on the PS3 is horrible. AGAIN: A big screen TV will kill the quality.

Zom does give a good point about playing old games though. You need a special controller, but it's worth it. =D

Luckily for me, I have an N64 AND Game Cube, so I don't need to buy any games off of the Wii. xD

zomniethe4

Quote from: iwasbobo on September 20, 2010, 12:54:34 AM

Zom does give a good point about playing old games though. You need a special controller, but it's worth it. =D

Luckily for me, I have an N64 AND Game Cube, so I don't need to buy any games off of the Wii. xD
Lmao I have both of those and a dreamcast

Zom

paki

Quote from: zomniethe4 on September 20, 2010, 12:51:39 AM
Wait don't just get a wii think about all the features it has compared to the playstation 3. The wii you can get up and get moving and stuff but with the ps3 you can do a lot more example you have playstation network, blue ray DVD player, certain games you can move the controller around to play, you can save movies and music with the wii you can also play one of my favorite- game ube games you can create mii's and enter contest, go back in past and buy old nintendo games to play on the wii but it's main purpose is to keep people in shape so it's all on you.   Also I wouldve had this a lot more organized and some words might be different because I'm doing this on my ipod

Posting on ipod touch is very troublesome. I did it all the time on the can >_>

But ic where your getting at.

I still find the wii>ps3 just in the sence that I want to be moving as well, not just sitting on my couch all day ks'ing on mw2. Blueray and all those features, I would love to have. But im not much of a HARDKAUR gamer. D:

Quote from: iwasbobo on September 20, 2010, 12:54:34 AM

I hate how they make you buy them off the wii store when you can just buy em for $5 @ ebgames or something ,-,

I'd love to play super mario n64 style on wii. buying the seperate controller would be worth it.

I'd also like to consider the types of modding and hacking you could do with the systems. Any links to modding/hacking sites for wii/ps3 would be appreciated D:

t41nt3d_s1n

QuoteI want to be moving as well, not just sitting on my couch all day
i have a wii also... but tbh, most of the games don't require any movement at all...

all you have to do is shake the controller and it'll react. ive played plenty of times sitting on the couch ;\
brawl is another great game for the wii... it doesnt require movement either.

QuoteBut im not much of a HARDKAUR gamer. D:
wii is more of a family console imo. for personal use, its not much fun. if youre really lenient about gaming, i'd choose the wii. its great for occasional use. i used to play the wii a lot, but ive gotten bored of it... which is why i made the switch to 360.

-----

|ADAPT|CHANGE|EVOLVE|

|METAMORPHOSIS|

-----

iwasbobo

paki

Quote from: t41nt3d_s1n on September 20, 2010, 01:08:34 AM
i have a wii also... but tbh, most of the games don't require any movement at all...

all you have to do is shake the controller and it'll react. ive played plenty of times sitting on the couch ;\
brawl is another great game for the wii... it doesnt require movement either.
wii is more of a family console imo. for personal use, its not much fun. if youre really lenient about gaming, i'd choose the wii. its great for occasional use. i used to play the wii a lot, but ive gotten bored of it... which is why i made the switch to 360.

Mmm,

But their is no such thing as "ps3 fit" or "ps3 resorts" =/

Bobo: 143

Im going for wii then.

iwasbobo

Sniper

PS3, good games, good quality, decent price and FREE WI-FI!

Thanks mmiicc0 for the sigs! ;D

t41nt3d_s1n

Quote from: paki on September 20, 2010, 01:15:16 AM
But their is no such thing as "ps3 fit" or "ps3 resorts" =/
go outside and do sports u narb D;

-----

|ADAPT|CHANGE|EVOLVE|

|METAMORPHOSIS|

-----

paki

Quote from: t41nt3d_s1n on September 20, 2010, 01:27:31 AM
go outside and do sports u narb D;

work+school.

no time to hit the gym anymore so im thinking of this as an alt.

iwasbobo

If that's what you're expecting, it's not what you're going to get. =/

Bring friends over. You'll burn carbs from all the laughing. xD

paki

Quote from: iwasbobo on September 20, 2010, 01:30:38 AM
If that's what you're expecting, it's not what you're going to get. =/

Bring friends over. You'll burn carbs from all the laughing. xD

loltru.

wii tho, its better than playing cod on ur couch since ur moving. ik some people who sweat playing the game when their boxing. and they dont eat mcdycks.

lugiaXDG009

k one i have all three

ps3 is the best because:

wii you get bored of after a while or can't be bothered to play on because you have to move so much, it also doesn't complete any mainstream series like the sonic storybook trilogy that only has two of the three

also Xbox needs to have payed for internet also it can only connect to wired internet unless you buy a wireless router for it which is about 26 bucks

both need to have batteries replaced which is a pain and the rechargeable ones don't let you play while yur charging which is yet again another pain

the PS3 allows you to play while charging batteries which you don't need to buy which is a + also the graphics are awsome and if you say that on bigscreen it the graphics suk your right but you only need to buy a HDMI cable, although the games are kind of expensive there are shops that sell all three types of games for the same price, also all the prices are droping for PS3 games so you can get the games you want faster now, also the gameplay and graphics for cod7or black ops for those idiots out their are awsome and the servers for online are pretty good so far, a lot of the games played online don't have lag only the failed ones (no offence to cod6 that is just laziness) also the blu ray is great it allows for larger and longer games

so overall ps3 is the best choice for anyone except haters and the idiots who think they won't get bored on the wii
< by surgeypurgey

Iridion

thats how we roll maddie

paki

Quote from: lugiaXDG009 on September 20, 2010, 05:57:49 AM
k one i have all three

ps3 is the best because:

wii you get bored of after a while or can't be bothered to play on because you have to move so much, it also doesn't complete any mainstream series like the sonic storybook trilogy that only has two of the three

also Xbox needs to have payed for internet also it can only connect to wired internet unless you buy a wireless router for it which is about 26 bucks

both need to have batteries replaced which is a pain and the rechargeable ones don't let you play while yur charging which is yet again another pain

the PS3 allows you to play while charging batteries which you don't need to buy which is a + also the graphics are awsome and if you say that on bigscreen it the graphics suk your right but you only need to buy a HDMI cable, although the games are kind of expensive there are shops that sell all three types of games for the same price, also all the prices are droping for PS3 games so you can get the games you want faster now, also the gameplay and graphics for cod7or black ops for those idiots out their are awsome and the servers for online are pretty good so far, a lot of the games played online don't have lag only the failed ones (no offence to cod6 that is just laziness) also the blu ray is great it allows for larger and longer games

so overall ps3 is the best choice for anyone except haters and the idiots who think they won't get bored on the wii

You've opened my eyes.

Lulz i know what im getting, locked.

kbai.

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-