May 12, 2024, 03:49:53 AMLatest Member: irre3841
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other BoutCheetah Stuff » Feedback/Rants » Disappointed

Disappointed

Started by Gramps, July 01, 2012, 05:46:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corr

It was 10 originally, then they updated it too 30.

ZeaL - Rank 1 Hax, just because
I do it for the lulz.

RAUDOG

July 02, 2012, 08:42:22 PM #91 Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 12:50:19 AM by RAUDOG
This is really something, when it comes to ICE most of you here go in labor and have a big ass BITCH FIT, it's like this when you leave ur home do you leave it unprotected? In fact I protected my home which is Silence. As far as money, all of you that speak on ICE and his Money are very stupid to me, I IN fact HAVE never said I had money all of that came from peoples stupidity of what there stupid ass thought.
A guild reset I'll agree on that when we reach our Main Goal, also the reset of guilds if you want to keep it fair, remove all GM Guns and really be fair.

MASTER OG ICE.

Pokeh

30 was kinda big in bots too. unless there were guilds like edx/etc. but making it 20 really gives it competition.

Zack66775

-20/30 guild slots
-guild reset
-more incentive to play pvp/bvb guild and gamewise

Goals:
100 posts [X] 500 posts [X] 1000 posts [X] 1500 posts [ ] 2000 posts [] Member [] << D:
Forum Mod [ ]

KillerPig

I'm guessing this is a repeat of past event and gramps ends up not quitting after all

IGN: KillerPig (H) | NinjaPig (H) | ShadowPig (H) | KillerPig (L)
LVL: 225 | 225 | 225 | 44
GUILD: ZeaL | CourageCrew | Lil Optis | -

zepher2211

Quote from: GavinGill on July 02, 2012, 06:05:32 AM
Quote from: zepher2211 on July 02, 2012, 04:30:15 AM
I mean you could do it, but you'd upset a huge portion of the community, I'm saying that if this had been done long ago, it'd work a lot better.
Simple solution: Split GP into season's/sagas/etc. The current GP would go into the ranks as the first season's standings, then we reset everyone's GP and that starts the second season. People would still be able to see their GP from the first season by checking the rankings. It would still be there so there'd be no reason for anyone to be mad about the reset.
-----

Quote from: zepher2211 on July 02, 2012, 03:58:10 AM
Counter proposal: GP is based on sector, sector is based on amount of time spent on it, and the skill with which you can do it, so shouldn't the principle of the matter be that members have worked for their gp in some form or another, so no matter where they go they shouldn't lose it, lest you say that work never happened
No, that's bull. That defeats the entire purpose of the competitive guild system that was programmed into the game. Quitting a guild is supposed to be a sacrifice, you have to lose something to prevent people from just randomly guild hopping. =/

Quote from: zepher2211 on July 02, 2012, 04:09:50 AMI'd point to a game called Pandora Saga as having a guild system that's admirable, all gp gained by members is basically owned by the guild as a whole so no matter who quits the gp remains with the guild. It cuts guild drama/politics a lot because no one needs to fight over members, if a member leaves, then a member leaves, no big deal.
Running a guild is supposed to take skill. Pandora Saga's system doesn't take very much skill at all given your description of it. You're supposed to be able to keep a guild together and only select a loyal few to join you, if you're not able to keep everyone together - you face the consequences. ie. a loss in GP. If there's no penalty for leaving, then there's absolutely no challenge.

When this game was created, it was designed with 5 competitive aspects in mind:

Sector - alive (5/5)

BvB - dead. (4/5 left)

PvP - dead. (3/5 left)

The competitive market/economy -  dead. (2/5 left)

Guilds - dying (1/5 left)

Allie and Redeyes can't expect to maintain a game when only 1/5th of it is left standing. Who's going to want to play a game like that for an extended period of time? There's a reason the playersbase has dwindled down to so little, and it's because their's absolutely no challenge. None. At all. I stopped playing this game for over a year, I came back, and even on my level 10 I'm able to beat people that are over 10 times my level. Not because I'm good, I'm terrible compared to the average BOTS!! Acclaim player atm (rust D:), but because there's no competition here that challenges people to improve.

This entire game was designed with competitiveness at it's core, but it's shit like this that's stripping all that away. B.Cheetah had the potential to be even bigger than the original BOTS!!. We had an active staff team, the updates were player driven, we had total control over the game, etc. Everything was in our favor. But did we last? Nope. We had a large playerbase at the start while the game was competitive but when the game became les and less challenging as the days went by, people got bored and left.

The guild system is one of the few remaining reasons why people still play this game. Ruin that, and this game won't last. Hell, it isn't lasting. If we want to save this game, we need go back to how things were when we all fell in love with BOTS!! and make things challenging again. And fixing the GP issue is the first step.

1. That would work for most people, but there will always be ragers "amg whered all my gp goes??"

2. I disagree, the competitiveness was only part of the guild system, a huge aspect of it was being in a group of friends whom you can have fun with, and feel as though you've accomplished something as a group. (some guilds have been created for the purpose of not being competitive lol)

3. Then I must be a god of guild leaders, considering the majority of my members that stayed or left to only come back without me doing a thing to bring them .-.

On that whole last part I'd have to agree, basically the same thing happened to acclaim, it was just the hackers that dealt the killing blow
Powersurge
Headstrong

rettknight

Quote from: RAUDOG on July 02, 2012, 08:42:22 PM
This is really something, when it comes to ICE most of you here go in labor and have a big ass BITCH FIT, it's like this when you leave ur home do you leave it unprotected? In fact I protected my home which is Silence. As far as money, all of you that speak on ICE and his Money are very stupid to me, I IN fact HAVE never said I had money all of that came from peoples stupidity of what there stupid ass thought.
A guild reset I'll agree on that when we reach our Main Goal, also the reset of guilds if you want to keep it fair, remove all GM Guns and really be fair.

MASTER OG ICE.
That's the reason Gavin also suggested that GMs shouldn't be allowed to be on a guild on their GM accounts.

IGN: RetKiss | Ret | | -Ret- | Gora

GavinGill

Quote from: zepher2211 on July 03, 2012, 01:17:41 AM1. That would work for most people, but there will always be ragers "amg whered all my gp goes??"
If they ask where there GP is, you tell them to check the old rankings, it'll still be there. If they don't like it, that's too bad since the majority of the more informed players don't like the way things are currently being handled.

Quote from: zepher2211 on July 03, 2012, 01:17:41 AM2. I disagree, the competitiveness was only part of the guild system, a huge aspect of it was being in a group of friends whom you can have fun with, and feel as though you've accomplished something as a group. (some guilds have been created for the purpose of not being competitive lol)
You disagree with what? I didn't say that competitiveness is the only reason guilds were added to the game, just that the system was designed with competition in mind. That's why there was such a small guild member limit (10 people), there were GP rankings, GP could be lost, etc. If comradery was the sole focus, there wouldn't have been such an emphasis on the competitive aspects of the guild system.

Quote from: zepher2211 on July 03, 2012, 01:17:41 AM3. Then I must be a god of guild leaders, considering the majority of my members that stayed or left to only come back without me doing a thing to bring them .-.
Ok, not sure what that has to do with the discussion at hand but alright. :P

Quote from: rettknight on July 03, 2012, 01:21:50 AM
That's the reason Gavin also suggested that GMs shouldn't be allowed to be on a guild on their GM accounts.
That was Corr actually. :P

"You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today."
"A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is
done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves."

zepher2211

Quote from: GavinGill on July 03, 2012, 01:32:59 AM
Quote from: zepher2211 on July 03, 2012, 01:17:41 AM1. That would work for most people, but there will always be ragers "amg whered all my gp goes??"
If they ask where there GP is, you tell them to check the old rankings, it'll still be there. If they don't like it, that's too bad since the majority of the more informed players don't like the way things are currently being handled.

Quote from: zepher2211 on July 03, 2012, 01:17:41 AM2. I disagree, the competitiveness was only part of the guild system, a huge aspect of it was being in a group of friends whom you can have fun with, and feel as though you've accomplished something as a group. (some guilds have been created for the purpose of not being competitive lol)
You disagree with what? I didn't say that competitiveness is the only reason guilds were added to the game, just that the system was designed with competition in mind. That's why there was such a small guild member limit (10 people), there were GP rankings, GP could be lost, etc. If comradery was the sole focus, there wouldn't have been such an emphasis on the competitive aspects of the guild system.

Quote from: zepher2211 on July 03, 2012, 01:17:41 AM3. Then I must be a god of guild leaders, considering the majority of my members that stayed or left to only come back without me doing a thing to bring them .-.
Ok, not sure what that has to do with the discussion at hand but alright. :P

Quote from: rettknight on July 03, 2012, 01:21:50 AM
That was Corr actually. :P

2. I was disagreeing with competition being the main focus, I believe the social part was the real focus, or else they would have given more weight on gp, such as rewards towards the guilds (thinking about the way other games developers handle it with guild buffs and stuff) as is unless you focus on rankings the only time you'll ever see gp is like a side note in the guild summary thing that some members don't look at lol

3. I was referencing the fact that you said being a guild leader is supposed to take skill such as holding members in your guild, and losing them is penalized by the loss of gp, considering my guilds long running track record with members and gp xD
Powersurge
Headstrong

Yz

Ice did that for you Muncay.

I do agree on the whole GM Gun thing, if this reset does happen I'll put my GM acc in Zylon Staff -- or I'll stop using my GM Gun at all. (even though we don't really use it for hardcore grinds, so it'd be for assurance)
DISCORD killyzkill

Pokeh

ive been supporting a reset for over a year cuz of the hacks/etc. way back when there wasn't even a zylon shield.

it's not too late. doubt kenny has a problem with it, and allies gone till thursday and i'd love to see her expression when she gets back to see this :x

Yz

Quote from: Pokeh on July 03, 2012, 04:19:43 AM
ive been supporting a reset for over a year cuz of the hacks/etc. way back when there wasn't even a zylon shield.

it's not too late. doubt kenny has a problem with it, and allies gone till thursday and i'd love to see her expression when she gets back to see this :x

Another thing to think about is that we used to get more or less EXP at a lot of points, I don't think the EXP was determined back then. Now that the Admins have settled on a system a reset would work wonders imo~
DISCORD killyzkill

Corr

Corr is awesome for coming up with this idea.

Just saying mang.

ZeaL - Rank 1 Hax, just because
I do it for the lulz.

Yz

Gramps suggested it before he made this thread :P
DISCORD killyzkill

KillerPig

Oye who deleted my post  >:(

IGN: KillerPig (H) | NinjaPig (H) | ShadowPig (H) | KillerPig (L)
LVL: 225 | 225 | 225 | 44
GUILD: ZeaL | CourageCrew | Lil Optis | -

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-