Started by Xrow, January 18, 2011, 12:33:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xrow

January 18, 2011, 12:33:52 AM Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 01:52:27 AM by Xrow
No, this is not meant for debate.***
This is only for discussion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWwEI-ky6uI

A question for Opti:
Were your parents like this? Stubbornly and intolerably set in their beliefs for no other reason than because they thought they should be?

Allie

Optimism

January 18, 2011, 09:29:57 PM #2 Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 09:39:38 PM by Optimism
Quote from: Xrow on January 18, 2011, 12:33:52 AM
No, this is not meant for debate.***
This is only for discussion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWwEI-ky6uI

A question for Opti:
Were your parents like this? Stubbornly and intolerably set in their beliefs for no other reason than because they thought they should be?

Yes, my parents were "like this". They were (one still is) Methodist Christians. My dad, formerly, as I convinced him otherwise.

Science is not faith. This man fails, miserably. Science is something completely different from religion. One bases statements on empirical evidence. The other, faith.

Example: faith in gravity. Gravity demonstrates itself in tangible form; thus, a trusting sentiment can be applied to it. God on the other hand -- no.

The point: there are/have been thousands upon thousands (millions most likely) of religions. You can't validate one over another via the means any religion substantiates its truth claim. Religion is ambiguous. All religion. Thus, pointless in my opinion.
- Opti -
- Sanctuary Founder | PvP King -
- Retired -

Xrow

Quote from: Optimism on January 18, 2011, 09:29:57 PM
Yes, my parents were "like this". They were (one still is) Methodist Christians. My dad, formerly, as I convinced him otherwise.

Science is not faith. This man fails, miserably. Science is something completely different from religion. One bases statements on empirical evidence. The other, faith.

Example: faith in gravity. Gravity demonstrates itself in tangible form; thus, a trusting sentiment can be applied to it. God on the other hand -- no.

The point: there are/have been thousands upon thousands (millions most likely) of religions. You can't validate one over another via the means any religion substantiates its truth claim. Religion is ambiguous. All religion. Thus, pointless in my opinion.

/eyeroll. Your obnoxiously persistent. I'd pursue a debate with you, but it doesn't matter what I say; you'd just say "RED HERRING!!!!!?!! Logical fallacy you bitchhole, SCIENCE IS BASED ON REASON AAGH," and proceed to say the exact damn thing I had just refuted >_>. Prickass Atheists >.>, Oh well.

My belief in God is based on evidence.

Allie

Quote from: Xrow on January 18, 2011, 10:57:42 PM
/eyeroll. Your obnoxiously persistent. I'd pursue a debate with you, but it doesn't matter what I say; you'd just say "RED HERRING!!!!!?!! Logical fallacy you bitchhole, SCIENCE IS BASED ON REASON AAGH," and proceed to say the exact damn thing I had just refuted >_>. Prickass Atheists >.>, Oh well.

My belief in God is based on evidence.

You seem fine with a happy lie, why can't we >;[.

Xrow

Quote from: Allie on January 18, 2011, 11:30:12 PM
You seem fine with a happy lie, why can't we >;[.

Atheists are honestly some of the most logically fallacious, condescending, misconceived, foolish, bigoted, close-minded pricks I have ever had the displeasure to meet.

Redshadow

Quote from: Xrow on January 19, 2011, 12:40:08 AM
Atheists are honestly some of the most logically fallacious, condescending, misconceived, foolish, bigoted, close-minded pricks I have ever had the displeasure to meet.

You must not meet too many people.

Xrow

Allie

Quote from: Xrow on January 19, 2011, 12:40:08 AM

How's this answer my question.
Don't avoid the question.
Why can you live a happy lie but we can't >:[.

Xrow

Quote from: Allie on January 19, 2011, 04:00:34 AM
Why can you live a happy lie but we can't >:[.

You don't understand either version of the quote ;|.
I believe you are living a happy lie, and you will die to find a sad truth.
You believe I am living a sad lie. I will die to find a happy truth.
Get it? =|

Allie

Would you rather have a happy truth or a sad lie?

The division of or sets this question into three parts.

Part 1:
Would you rather

Part 2:
Have a happy truth

Part 3:
Have a sad lie

Part 1 is self explanitory.
Part 2 asks if you would rather have a truth which makes you happy.
Part 3 asks if you would rather have a lie which makes you sad.

Neither of these parts in anyway say live a happy life to find a sad ending or live a sad life to find a happy ending.
I think you're bullshitting things up with this quote.

Xrow

;D
That is quite possible

Allie

/Dr Riddles "Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!"

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-