May 06, 2024, 10:55:35 AMLatest Member: ruddl1811
BoutCheetah » Forum » BoutCheetah Community » General Discussion » BEWARE OF SCAMMERS INGAME!

BEWARE OF SCAMMERS INGAME!

Started by Iridion, September 02, 2010, 06:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iridion

September 02, 2010, 06:42:45 PM Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 04:37:06 AM by iridion3
Since a lot of players tried this stuff, maybe newcomers aren't yet sure how the game works and need some help. xP

These are some common scams tried by players in game:

-Free membership
This a type of scam I see often in-game. A player, usually with a fake GM name, looks for higher level accounts (because they are so better than low level accounts)/lower level accounts (thinking they are noobs and they are easier to scam). They attempt this by offering a free membership for a long time: 1year, 2 years, or a permanent membership. They will ask for your account info and say that they will charge your membership in 10minutes. This is fake. You don't need to give away your ID and pass for a membership!
<< thanks to Nucleaon if I can't use that image I'll remove it.  :)
Unless it 's "GM Allie", "GM Santa", or "GM Faith", the person is trying to scam you. Never believe them.  ;D

-"account update/level update"
This has happened once or twice to me. A guy said he was GM Santa, and he needed my account info to update it, otherwise he would have banned me. Obviously, this is a scam, because a GM would use his GM account for such business. Also remember that updates come when you run the updater (like in BOTS) and only real GM's can edit your account through the database. See below for more info about fake GMs and stuff.
More pics

-"Buying your account for 50$"
A couple days ago, some guy asked to buy my account for 55$. That is obviously a scam. This gives you a chance to scam the scammer, as well as have fun with him/her. Even if you get an amount of $ for your account, it's against the rules to share your account/account info, unless you have a GM's permission. You must always ask for permission first, and chances are they will say no.  ;D
PS:If the $ thing doesn't work, he will try with different "payments" such as staff positions, free coins, gigas etc.
See more

IMPERSONATORS - How to recognize fake GM's from real GM's
If a player that has a GM name asks you for anything, be sure he is a real gm by checking a couple things.
Real GM's:
-Global chat (orange)
-One space in their name:
GM Allie= real
GM  Allie= fake

Fake GMs
-Common black/purple chat
-Differences in their name
GM.Allie = fake because it have a dot
GM  Allie =  fake, has 2 spaces
[GM]Allie = fake, GMs doesnt have [] in their name
gm allie = GMs use capital letters ;D

If you find out that there is an impersonator, report him in the appropriate section, even if they didn't try to scam you.

So I thought this could help newcomers as well as other players. Feel free to correct, suggest, give new examples of scammers, and anything else that comes to mind. Just please don't be rude.

STICKY PLZ?!?

BIG THANKS TO BOBO FOR CORRECTING ALL THE GRAMMAR MISTAKES I DID

Quote from: Madproxyes because Iri & Kp can change the rules!
thats how we roll maddie

Yz

DISCORD killyzkill

Yz

nvm allie forgot to give this group sticky power too .-.
DISCORD killyzkill

Iridion

dats the thread i talked about in pvp xP

thats how we roll maddie

vedzen

zulu202

Mrhappy does that.. I sold him something in old bc for 72mil and he sold it for 123 mil..
IGN: Intonium/1337

Creator of the term Dead Period
RAM SPAM

cjtown

Nice and I agree with the part of Mr happy

Sniper

Quote from: zulu202 on September 02, 2010, 07:00:30 PM
Mrhappy does that.. I sold him something in old bc for 72mil and he sold it for 123 mil..
Heh, MrHappy just opened a shop with " REALLY CHEP ITEMS " probably to get his rep up a little.......

Thanks mmiicc0 for the sigs! ;D

GavinGill

Quote from: zulu202 on September 02, 2010, 07:00:30 PM
It's a good way to make profit though.

"You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today."
"A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is
done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves."

zulu202

IGN: Intonium/1337

Creator of the term Dead Period
RAM SPAM

vedzen

cjtown

GavinGill

"You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today."
"A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is
done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves."

cjtown

Annoying orange is saying that. And I'm the numero 1 fan of it. SO IT'S MINE. : P

randomftw123

tyvm for this nub guide bcuz i nub. stiki also plz pro gide is pro.
WALK WITH ME IN HELL!!!

^tricky win <3

Allie

All I have to say about mrhappy's part of the guide is this:
Mrhappy is the richest legit player, other than burn0ut who got rich winning a contest.
Mrhappy, as far as I know, made all his money legit.
If he makes his profit by buying for low and selling for high, it's legit, and his money shows it.

randomftw123

Quote from: Allie on September 02, 2010, 08:38:50 PM
All I have to say about mrhappy's part of the guide is this:
Mrhappy is the richest legit player, other than burn0ut who got rich winning a contest.
Mrhappy, as far as I know, made all his money legit.
If he makes his profit by buying for low and selling for high, it's legit, and his money shows it.
qft. and the others hate him becuz he's pro and they're noobs becoz they didn't think about it before.

other then that... erm.... I hate mrhappy.

=_=
WALK WITH ME IN HELL!!!

^tricky win <3

iwasbobo

Quote from: iridion3 on September 02, 2010, 06:42:45 PMObviously, this is a scam, because a GM would use his GM account for such business.

Good guide. I say a sticky would be useful. >:O

Quote from: Pokeh'this is called the blockimus-glieicha, also known as the block glitch'

Iridion

lol thanks bobo

--

no more mrhappy in the guide, sticky now yes?

thats how we roll maddie

Styx

lol so GM Santa is fake  :(
he not elektra

Yz

Mrhappy is pretty awesome merchant >_>
DISCORD killyzkill

Mrhappy

Who is Random?
He sounds like a downy. Had to be said. If you see what i do selling things and making a profit then why dont you do it? And i dont mug people off , this is because i dont force them to buy the item for a high price or i do not even force the price . I ask people to offer end of.

And Thnkz Tricky :D

mmiicc0 - I have a lot of <3 For You

32 Items Left - Lvl136

LiquidChaos

Yes, they offer and you make the price higher than they have offered ::).

Mrhappy

Quote from: LiquidChaos on September 03, 2010, 02:50:20 PM
Yes, they offer and you make the price higher than they have offered ::).
Do Not!

mmiicc0 - I have a lot of <3 For You

32 Items Left - Lvl136

Iridion

thats how we roll maddie

mo9

Unless it 's "GM Allie" or "GM Santa" they are scammer, never believe them  ;D

so gm allie and santa scam ? (the real ones ?)
ZeaL Rank 1 BvB, just because

vv secks box

Iridion

thats how we roll maddie

iwasbobo

Quote from: iridion3 on September 02, 2010, 06:42:45 PM
Since a lot of players tried this stuff, maybe newcomers aren't yet sure how the game works and need some help. xP

-Free membership
This a type of scam I see often in-game. A player, usually with a fake GM name, looks for higher level accounts (because they are so better than low level accounts)/lower level accounts (thinking they are noobs and they are easier to scam). They attempt this by offering a free membership for a long time: 1year, 2 years, or a permanent membership. They will ask for your account info and say that they will charge your membership in 10minutes. This is fake. You don't need to give away your ID and pass for a membership!
<< thanks to Nucleaon if I cant use that image I'll remove it.  :)
Unless it 's "GM Allie", "GM Santa", or "GM Faith", the person is trying to scam you. Never believe them.  ;D

-"account update/level update"
This has happened once or twice to me. A guy said he was GM Santa, and he needed my account info to update it, otherwise he would have banned me.

I'll finish it later. >_>

Quote from: Pokeh'this is called the blockimus-glieicha, also known as the block glitch'

Iridion

ew post the code so i can copy paste without putting efforth in it plz

thats how we roll maddie

iwasbobo

[color=red]-[size=20pt]Free membership[/size]
This a type of scam I see often in-game. A player, usually with a fake GM name, looks for higher level accounts (because they are so better than low level accounts)/lower level accounts (thinking they are noobs and they are easier to scam). They attempt this by offering a free membership for a long time: 1year, 2 years, or a permanent membership. They will ask for your account info and say that they will charge your membership in 10minutes. This is fake. [b]You don't need to give away your ID and pass for a membership![/b]
[img]http://i55.tinypic.com/2sa1qhi.jpg[/img]<< thanks to Nucleaon if I cant use that image I'll remove it.  :)
Unless it 's "GM Allie", "GM Santa", or "GM Faith", the person is trying to scam you. Never believe them.  ;D[/color]

[color=green]-[size=20pt]"account update/level update"[/size]
This has happened once or twice to me. A guy said he was GM Santa, and he needed my account info to update it, otherwise he would have banned me.

Lazy bum. >:(

iwasbobo

[color=red]-[size=20pt]Free membership[/size]
This a type of scam I see often in-game. A player, usually with a fake GM name, looks for higher level accounts (because they are so better than low level accounts)/lower level accounts (thinking they are noobs and they are easier to scam). They attempt this by offering a free membership for a long time: 1year, 2 years, or a permanent membership. They will ask for your account info and say that they will charge your membership in 10minutes. This is fake. [b]You don't need to give away your ID and pass for a membership![/b]
[img]http://i55.tinypic.com/2sa1qhi.jpg[/img]<< thanks to Nucleaon if I can't use that image I'll remove it.  :)
Unless it 's "GM Allie", "GM Santa", or "GM Faith", the person is trying to scam you. Never believe them.  ;D[/color]

[color=green]-[size=20pt]"account update/level update"[/size]
This has happened once or twice to me. A guy said he was GM Santa, and he needed my account info to update it, otherwise he would have banned me. Obviously, this is a scam, because a GM would use his GM account for such business. Also remember that updates come when you run the updater (like in BOTS) and only real GM's can edit your account through the database. See below for more info about fake GMs and stuff.
[img]http://i52.tinypic.com/vip8wm.jpg[/img][/color] [url=http://boutcheetah.zylongaming.com/index.php?topic=935.0]More pics[/url]

[color=orange]-[size=20pt]"Buying your account for 50$"[/size]
A couple days ago, some guy asked to buy my account for 55$. That is obviously a scam. This gives you a chance to scam the scammer, as well as have fun with him/her. Even if you get an amount of $ for your account, it's against the rules to share your account/account info, unless you have a GM's permission. You must always ask for permission first, and chances are they will say no.  ;D
PS:If the $ thing doesn't work, he will try with different "payments" such as staff positions, free coins, gigas etc.
[img]http://i33.tinypic.com/n2fqc5.jpg[/img][url=http://boutcheetah.zylongaming.com/index.php?topic=895.0]See more[/url]
[/color]

[color=limegreen][size=20pt]IMPERSONATORS - How to recognize fake GM's from real GM's[/size]
If a player that has a GM name asks you for anything, be sure he is a real gm by checking a couple things.
Real GM's:
-Global chat (orange)
-One space in their name:
GM Allie= real
GM  Allie= fake

Fake GMs
-Common black/purple chat
-Differences in their name
GM.Allie = fake because it have a dot
GM  Allie =  fake, has 2 spaces
[GM]Allie = fake, GMs doesnt have [] in their name
gm allie = GMs use capital letters ;D

If you find out that there is an impersonator, report him in the [url=http://boutcheetah.zylongaming.com/index.php?board=13.0]appropriate section[/url], even if they didn't try to scam you.
[/color]

[color=purple]So I thought this could help newcomers as well as other players. Feel free to correct, suggest, give new examples of scammers, and anything else that comes to mind. Just please don't be rude.[/color]

STICKY PLZ?!?

Done by request. I probably missed a few things. =/

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-