1 (25%)
#2 & #3
0 (0%)
All ideas.
1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 4

jeroen

May 20, 2014, 08:15:57 AM Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 01:26:31 PM by jeroen
Well since everybody is saying that PVP isn't worth doing I thought of some ideas. I don't say they are good they are just some ideas. Hoping to hear some opinions on this. +1 or -1 doesn't really work for me I'd like to hear why you like or dislike the idea. And which ideas ofcourse, because you might not agree(or disagree) with them all.

On a sidenote: many people cry about PVP being dead but I don't see many solutions to it. They only say it is not rewarding enough but don't come up with solutions. So I thought let's try to get a solution. So I thought of some ideas which try to make PVPing more appealing. We all can whine about it or think of ideas to solve it. My ideas might not be the answer, if so then give input with your own ideas. Give us the better solution instead of only downtalking ideas. Like the staff idea(which I didn't read all replies for) but saw many negative reactions without really saying what they think should be done.

The 4 ideas for PVP renewal are listed with a header and explained in the spoiler
#1 Competition
(click to show/hide)
#2 Monthly rewards
(click to show/hide)
#3 PVP option
(click to show/hide)
#4 PVP rewards
(click to show/hide)

If you don't understand some of the ideas, please reply and explain what you don't understand and then I will try to explain better. If you disagree or think some things should be different then be sure to leave a reply.
Keep in mind they are just ideas I don't know about possibilities for implementing or if they are any good(you tell me :P)

Thanks for your replies in advance,

Cooky

some good ideas here, but I will say that your win-a-point lose-a-point idea to prevent win trading (so you don't get the rewards easily) wouldn't work because people would use their alt accounts to give out the losses.

jeroen

sure thing. Can't think of another solution that would do very well what needs to be done to stop win-trading.
Thought of a max streak of 5 wins and then stop accumulating points for winning of the same player.
(but maybe that would be more unfair for fair players or something. So maybe some tweaking for that...)

Thanks for your feedback,

FalseProphet

#1. -1, for the fact that it would need to implement new ideas everytime the event came to pass. If it did keep the same prizes than the players would be bored or not take part as they'd have already accumulated all the stuff then it's just down to being greedy and wanting to look rich, or just to stop other players from obtaining if you have more skill than they do.

#2. I like the idea of this however -1, the rewards would need a better thought as it's easy to spam an alt account to boost your wins as i know for sure some of the top ranking on bvb aren't even that good. This might be the reason why there are no rewards for top rankings, but i don't know.

#3. Maybe a later addition to the pvp if the previous options where to be accepted and worked bringing in a stronger crowd to pvp. But to make the time to implement this option may be time consuming, and even if it did i generally don't think enough players would partake in this meaning 7/10 you would have the same opponent. Plus if a player is better than someone else you shouldn't change the settings just because someone has better skill than the other person they need to keep playing and just learn to get better rather than wait for updates to make it so they get spoon fed wins without really doing anything.

#4. There was a calender event which allowed players to defeat each other and staff to earn certain pvp only rewards which was Bv2 III e.f which is not trade-able or anything. However, i can't think of any more items won by this. Since bot stract hasn't got much of a beneficial use try changing that perhaps to buy special pvp items, but first a big discussion with the players as you know how some people cry if something is to op and refuse to play.  -1

Overall, -1. But good try on the input;).
"Time Heals Almost Everything, Give The Time, Some Time"
IGN: LordBubba / Bubbabear ^^ / FalseProphet

Quote"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

jeroen

I appreciate your opinion and thank you for your feedback.
However on number 1 "Example create a flag that acts like a cup and every new competition it gets removed from the old winner and gifted to the new winner." So the reward would be fame like. And the other small prices are something like coins or something I don't know, nothing big at least(small prices are also optionally). Fault from my side was adding that yellow part which makes it more clear sry xD. Anyways I don't know if I misread your argument or something, but what I found reading it wasn't really what I meant. So I wanted to make that clear.

Also I think you misunderstood #3's reason. You are/could be right with #2 it is the reason why some solution needs to be found for wintrading. But #3 I thought of was as kinda solution to the wintrading. Only rankings in this mode should matter for the reward spoken of in #2. Meaning you don't know your oponnent resulting in more fair play for those reward rankings.

Please tell me if I was wrong on #1 and what you think of #2 in combination with #3.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts,

Pein

There's only two factors made PvP revived and worthwhile; that's me and Nitex.

jeroen

Quote from: Pein on May 20, 2014, 03:58:35 PM
Allmost everybody knows that is not true and the ones who don't are yourself and probably that guy you are talking about.
This is a serious thread so please keep your stupid replies for yourself(and get over yourself)!

qolderman

IGN: Caustic

^thanks cooky <3
Quote from: Cooky on August 03, 2014, 12:05:07 AM
whats wrong with eating a sock

LightRequiem

Quote from: Pein on May 20, 2014, 03:58:35 PM
HE HAS SPOKEN

KillerPig

why doesnt anybody just make like an actual pvp or bvb room without any weird rules

just play the game its meant to be played xd

if u have to reward people or have weird rules to get people to play then something is wrong

IGN: KillerPig (H) | NinjaPig (H) | ShadowPig (H) | KillerPig (L)
LVL: 225 | 225 | 225 | 44
GUILD: ZeaL | CourageCrew | Lil Optis | -

123bomb123

Quote from: KillerPig on May 22, 2014, 12:48:19 PM
why doesnt anybody just make like an actual pvp or bvb room without any weird rules

just play the game its meant to be played xd

if u have to reward people or have weird rules to get people to play then something is wrong
the game is wrong
IGN: MisterZ

ZeaL - Rank 1 in antagonizing, just
because.

Rub me out like genies, won't concede til I'm graffiti
Quote from: Yz on January 14, 2012, 06:48:35 PM
mrz is like top 40 and would probly be like
"fuk yeh n00bs im god bow to god''

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-