May 08, 2024, 06:06:22 PMLatest Member: Timothyrhili
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other BoutCheetah Stuff » Suggestions » Item Merging

Item Merging

Started by hawk5005, April 11, 2013, 04:54:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hawk5005

April 11, 2013, 04:54:42 PM Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 05:15:23 PM by hawk5005
What if there would be a function on the forum that would combine two items.
Let's say you have the tier 3 surge set, and you don't like how it looks, but the stats are just too good to wear anything else. Then you have an elite set that looks awesome, but it doesn't have any good stats and you can't wear it when you sector, pvp or base.
Basically the function would merge the two items so the stats of the T3 set would be given to the Elite set ( including the level requirement).
That way you can look any way you like and still have good stats.
But you first need to have both items, and the items would be consumed in the process.
I don't know if it's possible, but it would be great.

Also making items invisible.
Let's say you love the stats of the Metowings but they just don't fit with your set. You just tick a square and your wings turn invisible. Same thing with shields / coin heads/ arm parts. I'd say guns too, but shooting bullets from your punch sounds kinda silly.

Thornz

That would be sooo sweet. Doubt it'll ever happen though...

It should render the item un-tradeable, btw...

IGN: FM Thornz [Lv 270]
Quote from: cyc0828He destroy my guild
Not pants

Meteor

That would open up the doors for having the perfect combination of good stats and good looks. I support this idea! 8)

(click to show/hide)

MagicXR

Quote from: Meteor on April 11, 2013, 05:00:59 PM
That would open up the doors for having the perfect combination of good stats and good looks. I support this idea! 8)

hur9

Iridion

loool level 1 armor with t3 stats

Quote from: Madproxyes because Iri & Kp can change the rules!
thats how we roll maddie

hawk5005

Quote from: Iridion on April 11, 2013, 05:10:42 PM
Read above.
As I said, the level 1 spiker set will become lvl 219 but will still look like spiker.

Meteor

Lemme add the other thing you mentioned on msn:
Making items invisible but still having their stats. Like you would be able to hide an item you don't like while the stats remain.

(click to show/hide)

Rossbach

No one will know what set you have.  ::)

Omnomnom eating toast.

Cooky

Allie

If we were to do it, it would be a members only feature.

lsqe

IGN: The Lsqe / The Lsqe 2 / Lsqe_Merc
Guild: - / - / The Company

hawk5005

Quote from: Allie on April 12, 2013, 03:26:22 AM
Is that a maybe in the possible future?

Quote from: nanak tatum on April 11, 2013, 10:12:13 PM
I like the idea so +1. But will the higher stat armour always lose its look? or can I add lower stats to the high armour (even though that would be stupid).
It can work any way you like it, although as you said it would be pointless lol.

Cooky

there are several things that are really bad about this idea, and thats coming from someon with some of the sexiest sets in the game     -1 sorry

Bombz

there are ALOT of members here :P

+1 to idea  8)

Frith

Quote from: Cooky on April 12, 2013, 08:14:37 AM
there are several things that are really bad about this idea, and thats coming from someon with some of the sexiest sets in the game     -1 sorry
such as?

Id love the idea of making things invisible but there should be something to tell the other player what they have if pvp/bvbing.
also, with the armor it would be amazing to have any set you wanted with amazing stats however this would be awfully confusing for pvpers because if you came up against a someone in level one armor and then they hit an 800+ on you it would confuse players, most likely newer ones, why there set isnt hitting that much etc... i know what i mean i cant describe it

Iridion

Quote from: hawk5005 on April 11, 2013, 05:12:20 PM
Quote from: Iridion on April 11, 2013, 05:10:42 PM
Read above.
As I said, the level 1 spiker set will become lvl 219 but will still look like spiker.
didn't say 219 stats at level 1 armor ;D
Quote from: Cooky on April 12, 2013, 08:14:37 AM
for example?

thats how we roll maddie

Xx Itz Ian

If it will come with an item merge coupon i will support the idea

Negative is
-you can't see what someone is wearing
-nice looking items will bump in price, however a positive part of this will be an increase of players looking for e parts

League of Legends:
http://euw.op.gg/summoner/userName=ianv
http://euw.op.gg/summoner/userName=smurf+leblanc
http://euw.op.gg/summoner/userName=qqdz

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  Xx ItZ Ian
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

cybercjt

lol "vanity parts" "vanity set"
Normal / Low
IGN: LT.Surge / Psycho_Patch
Level: 172 / 7
Guild: None / None

Thx to Pig for the Raichu sig. :D

Badass PvPer I guess so.. XD

Allie

Quote from: hawk5005 on April 12, 2013, 08:11:39 AM
Is that a maybe in the possible future?

It's a hopefully, I can't believe I haven't thought of it myself. It'd knock out the big obstacle that forces me to release op shit for people to actually consider wanting gear, instead of releasing cosmetic items. With this update, I could start to focus on releasing nice-looking cosmetic items instead of pushing up the bar.
Not that we had the technology until recently, but if we had this update a long time ago, the game would be a ton less op.

Iridion

Quoteton
less
op

MAKE ITTTTT

thats how we roll maddie

Delta

+1 , i hate the look of tier3 set.

Toast

Quote from: Delta on April 12, 2013, 05:54:19 PM

how do you react to this meteor?
+1

Quote from: Iridion on April 12, 2013, 02:53:39 PM
Quoteton
less
op

MAKE ITTTTT

and yes omg

Cooky

There needs to be a way to check in the room what each players stats are and which equipment they are wearing before this suggestion gets added.

We all take for granted the ability to see a player and know what stats they have based on their equipment. With this suggestion, its going make us have to guess what the other person is wearing - or have to ask them (and believe them).

If a lvl 221 joins your room in lvl 1 gear do you kick him or not? Is he trolling or did he just merge his items? Now you would have to ask him about it.  Have fun doing this with every player in your room who has merged items with the appearence of lower gear.

Its going to be even worse in pvp.

Having a tournament with armor/stat restrictions? Well that sucks because now you need to have each player submit proof of their current equips and stats before the game, because you can no longer just look at their bot and tell what their stats are.

Doing a stakes match? Some lvl 200 with low level gear joins, you ask him if he has merged items.. he says 'no'. Turns out he has metorium set and beats you and wins the pot. Hes not going to get in trouble for that, and you are going to be pissed.

This suggestion would be cool at first but trust me within a week you will all be begging for the ability to tell the stats and equips of all players in the room, which is why it needs to be added first.

Meteor

Quote from: Toast on April 12, 2013, 06:06:54 PM

+1
Why would I react in any way lol, it's his opinion.

(click to show/hide)

Thornz

@Cooky, this could easily be solved by making it so that your merged items only appear merged in-game, and not while in the room. So basically you'd still look like you had Metorium on while in the room, waiting to start, but you'd have the sexy merged appearance once the game started. Idk if this would be hard to implement or not, but I wouldn't think so.  Or maybe implement a button that shows your oppenents stats? Lol xD

And btw, an alternative to merging might be to make it possible to wear two sets, but only receive stats from the first set. So you could wear an e set over a t3 set, similar to how wearing a coin head works (except that you would only get the stats for the first set equipped).  This way, you could change your look, instead of permanently merging two (probably valuable) sets.  Just a thought...

IGN: FM Thornz [Lv 270]
Quote from: cyc0828He destroy my guild
Not pants

hawk5005

April 13, 2013, 07:13:29 AM #26 Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 08:28:55 AM by hawk5005
@Cooky, then, what if, when you clicked on someone in the room, you would be able to see their stats, something like this:

Delta

Quote from: Meteor on April 12, 2013, 06:51:24 PM
Quote from: Toast on April 12, 2013, 06:06:54 PM

+1
Why would I react in any way lol, it's his opinion.
I mean i don't like surge t3 i like the patch and ram ones :3

Selene

(click to show/hide)

Or like when you click the player who is in a slot, it will show the real armour in the preview box.

markiie

^^^^^^^ +1  good idea Selene.

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-