May 21, 2024, 07:16:57 PMLatest Member: Robertbof
BoutCheetah » Forum » BoutCheetah Community » General Discussion » Regarding the tax system

Regarding the tax system

Started by Communist, May 17, 2014, 04:17:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Communist

Recently, I saw a suggestion topic about tax and I decided to convey about it.

Virtual items found within games are commonly sold or auctioned to other players for real world currency. Since such items clearly have legitimate market value, tax law is applicable. When players trade items within a game, the transaction is theoretically subject to barter tax policy regardless of whether or not real world currency is involved.

But at the same time, tax law is rarely reasonable, and often absurd. Some game makers (not implying it's here) aren't exactly familiar with the finer points of gaming economics, and their ignorance of the field could unintentionally insulate the gaming community for a relatively long time. Even if a game tax is established, I can't conceive of any way to enforce it.

Santa

While I agree with your post, it was mainly added due to the large amount of gigas in the game.  However, our numbers could potentially be off astronomical considering players quit, and that cannot be factored into the amount into the economy.  We could however release a new statistics page that removes all players counts from the stats if they go inactive for 30 days or longer.  If they come back, then their amount would be re-introduced into the stats.  But, there is so many gigas in the game something had to be done to help cut back the amount in game.  People were literally trading billions to alt accounts because they could no longer hold any more on their account.  Or at least that's what I think anyway.

If you have any suggestions on what can be done to improve the tax system, or replace it to help stabilize the economy, please feel free to share your thoughts.  You seem to be a fairly smart person, so maybe we have simply overlooked something.

Rossbach

1. The lower the gigas the better. Especially when we are talking about 100+ billion. (/inb4 Kenny states exact amount.) The tax system in this game is not the same as the real world. The tax system is only here to get rid of the excess amount of Gigas.

2. "I can't conceive of any way to enforce it."

How is it so hard to think of a way to enforce it? Why do you even need to? This is a game. As long as it is programmed into the game people will just have to suck it up, there is no way out.

Omnomnom eating toast.

Communist

Quote from: Santa on May 17, 2014, 04:23:07 AM
While I agree with your post, it was mainly added due to the large amount of gigas in the game.  However, our numbers could potentially be off astronomical considering players quit, and that cannot be factored into the amount into the economy.  We could however release a new statistics page that removes all players counts from the stats if they go inactive for 30 days or longer.  If they come back, then their amount would be re-introduced into the stats.  But, there is so many gigas in the game something had to be done to help cut back the amount in game.  People were literally trading billions to alt accounts because they could no longer hold any more on their account.  Or at least that's what I think anyway.

If you have any suggestions on what can be done to improve the tax system, or replace it to help stabilize the economy, please feel free to share your thoughts.  You seem to be a fairly smart person, so maybe we have simply overlooked something.
I'm not sentient about the current economy and expedient resources. But I'll thrown in my ideas later.

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-