May 05, 2024, 11:09:03 AMLatest Member: leejisu
BoutCheetah » Forum » BoutCheetah Community » General Discussion » Regarding staff members.

Regarding staff members.

Started by mhj, September 14, 2011, 02:55:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mhj

I think there should be a reconsideration of our staff members. I could name a few who are inactive and some who aren't a good mod if you ask me. I will not say names since this is up to the admins. I think that it's unfair for our to people in "pending" to get a chance while we have several inactive staff members.
This is not all staff members, but only a few I am reffering too. Those who are doing a good job should know that I am not talking about them.
I think it's time for the admins too do some research on the staff members.

|More than ten people a year are killed by vending machines.|

Tekimoto

names of the inactive staff members plox

mhj

Well, okay then.
I couldn't know for sure if they have some problems irl or are just busy. I might also be wrong about it but I am almost 100% sure that they are.
Iwasbobo is inactive for sure. He rarely makes a post once a day. He comes on every 2-3 days and make 3-6 postes and then don't get on for a few days. That's was I call inactivity for a forum mod.
Mod Bubu. I haven't seen him on for quite a while. He haven't gotten more than 100k exp over the last couple of months. He could have been pvping all the time, but he isn't that high a rank in pvp. But I might be wrong about Bubu but I am pretty sure he is inactive.

I really don't like saying this and I don't know why. That was why I didn't want to say it in the start. Those are the staff members I think is inactive.

Click

Quote from: mhj on September 14, 2011, 02:55:03 PM
I think there should be a reconsideration of our staff members. I could name a few who are inactive and some who aren't a good mod if you ask me. I will not say names since this is up to the admins. I think that it's unfair for our to people in "pending" to get a chance while we have several inactive staff members.
This is not all staff members, but only a few I am reffering too. Those who are doing a good job should know that I am not talking about them.

I agree, he is totally right.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

mhj

Quote from: Vortax on September 14, 2011, 03:57:12 PM

Thanks. I just think we need some changes in the staff team, especialy with these to.

Click

Quote from: mhj on September 14, 2011, 04:22:49 PM

Thanks. I just think we need some changes in the staff team, especialy with these to.
Did you  by any chance apply for a something in the staff ?
I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

mhj

Quote from: Vortax on September 14, 2011, 05:18:00 PM
Quote from: mhj on September 14, 2011, 04:22:49 PM

Did you  by any chance apply for a something in the staff ?

No and I have no plans of doing that. I am not qualified if you ask me. It could be misleading if I applied.

KillerPig

You don't have to worry about Bubu. He's resigned.

Bobo is doing a fine job as it is. No one else's staff app for forum mod has been approved anyways, so he's the best choice.

IGN: KillerPig (H) | NinjaPig (H) | ShadowPig (H) | KillerPig (L)
LVL: 225 | 225 | 225 | 44
GUILD: ZeaL | CourageCrew | Lil Optis | -

mhj

Quote from: KillerPig on September 14, 2011, 06:01:46 PM

Bobo is doing a fine job as it is. No one else's staff app for forum mod has been approved anyways, so he's the best choice.

Bobo is not doing a fine job. Bobo might make some good posts, but he's not even close to make enough. That's why I said reconsidered. Iridion made a forum app and we might have to pull back some old applications and look at them again. I think we could find several better forum mods than Bobo. Bobo is making around 2 posts a day. I don't know if he is busy or what.
What do you mean by resigned? :).

KillerPig

Quote from: mhj on September 14, 2011, 06:10:47 PM

Bobo is not doing a fine job. Bobo might make some good posts, but he's not even close to make enough. That's why I said reconsidered. Iridion made a forum app and we might have to pull back some old applications and look at them again. I think we could find several better forum mods than Bobo. Bobo is making around 2 posts a day. I don't know if he is busy or what.

Iri was denied. I dunno why, but he was.
Posts don't really show his work load... He might be merging/splitting/deleting/whateverthehellelseaFMdoes without posting anything.

Bubu resigned as a staff member because his life is busy. Resigned as in he no longer wishes to be a staff member.

zepher2211

Mhj before you get ahead of yourself you need to think about the relationship between post activity and moderating, there is none. To say that for a person to moderate correctly they must actively post on a forum is wrong. kbai
Powersurge
Headstrong

mhj

Quote from: KillerPig on September 14, 2011, 06:23:15 PM
Quote from: mhj on September 14, 2011, 06:10:47 PM

Iri was denied. I dunno why, but he was.
Posts don't really show his work load... He might be merging/splitting/deleting/whateverthehellelseaFMdoes without posting anything.

Bubu resigned as a staff member because his life is busy. Resigned as in he no longer wishes to be a staff member.

Okay, I thought Bubu still was mod since his name is Mod Bubu. I know that Iri was denied but maybe we should re-think some of the denies.
bobo doesn't do whateverthehelleseaFMdoes. I don't know if he is playing **** or something. A forum mod shouldn't only merge/split/delete/lock etc. They should also show activity on the forum by posting some helpfull and usefull threads/replies. Bobo only does that every 2-3 days and then it's not very many of them. I agree with the fact that a longer post would maybe be better than 3 short. But he doesn't post many.
If you go look at his latest posts then there isn't many in the latest days.
http://boutcheetah.zylongaming.com/index.php?action=profile;u=24229;sa=showPosts;start=0
It's good too have him as long as we don't have any others. But that's where we can go back in the denied and maybe find someone more active.

zepher2211

Their Forum Moderators, not forum posters, job description is in the name.
Powersurge
Headstrong

mhj

Quote from: zepher2211 on September 14, 2011, 06:42:34 PM
Their Forum Moderators, not forum posters, job description is in the name.

So you are saying that forum moderators are not here to help people on the forums?

Jeffalo13

I don't care if bobo quit; he and Gavin are the smartest people that have ever been here.
  I'M ON MY WORST BEHAVIOR

coolkaran100

Bro....... these people dont have to post alot they need to help not like spamming in every thred saying random stuff.....

Banned for halo push pro.

mhj

Quote from: coolkaran100 on September 14, 2011, 07:01:37 PM
Bro....... these people dont have to post alot they need to help not like spamming in every thred saying random stuff.....

That's not even close to what I am saying. There is soooo many threads where a forum mod could post something helpfull or usefull. But Bobo doesn't do that.

coolkaran100

Quote from: mhj on September 14, 2011, 07:10:08 PM
Quote from: coolkaran100 on September 14, 2011, 07:01:37 PM

That's not even close to what I am saying. There is soooo many threads where a forum mod could post something helpfull or usefull. But Bobo doesn't do that.
uh ty for respecting my post so well ya you got a point

mhj

But anyways. I found out that Bubu was demoted. But it's not only about Bobo. I hope for the admins to reconsider some of the staff members.

coolkaran100

Quote from: mhj on September 14, 2011, 07:16:26 PM
But anyways. I found out that Bubu was demoted. But it's not only about Bobo. I hope for the admins to reconsider some of the staff members.

ya i was going to say that he kinda left cus life had take'n it's tool D:

Gramps

Maybe it is time to look at others, i agree with that bit. I don't agree with the "need to post" crap. Hell, i'm a gm and i don't post a lot.  I am watching you all though :P

^^meaty, muncay, zom & kenny <3

mhj

Quote from: Gramps on September 14, 2011, 07:24:11 PM
Maybe it is time to look at others, i agree with that bit. I don't agree with the "need to post" crap. Hell, i'm a gm and i don't post a lot.  I am watching you all though :P

That is true. But what I will say it once again. He doesn't do that :).

mo9

ur points are flawed and i dont like them
staff isnt bad now forums are clean we dont have to give new people a chance to try it if the current staff does the job.
ZeaL Rank 1 BvB, just because

vv secks box

mhj

September 14, 2011, 07:31:11 PM #23 Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 07:32:49 PM by mhj
Quote from: mo9 on September 14, 2011, 07:29:34 PM
ur points are flawed and i dont like them
staff isnt bad now forums are clean we dont have to give new people a chance to try it if the current staff does the job.

He's not doing a good job. He's rarely on everyday. A good forum mod should be on more than 2 times a week if you ask me.

I am going to bed.

Gramps

I take care of the forums too.  I am on here for about 3 hrs a day  (refreshing) :)

mo9

i am not talking about 1 individual i am talking about the current staff as a whole its doing quite well.

vv secks box

zepher2211

Mhj your claim has nothing to back it up, all you can say is that you don't see him on when you are, you aren't accounting for a differences in timezones or anything, moreover you can help a person without actively posting, nor do you need to post everytime you do something as a moderator.
Powersurge
Headstrong

zomniethe4

Zom

Hct13345

zepher2211

Is it me or do both of you have permanent warnings O-o
Powersurge
Headstrong

zomniethe4

Zom

KillerPig

I see Bobo on everyday when I'm supposed to be doing homework...

Yz

staff is kinda sucky but i don't see it changing

i do like all the forum mod work all ya need is me and grim and toast when he gets on then jeff and bobo are there to look smart and be cooler then me so the forum team seems fine maybe in game team needs some change and also i don't see many Gm's browsing report sections anymore ^~^
DISCORD killyzkill

Jeffalo13

Quote from: KillerPig on September 14, 2011, 08:23:43 PM

You're always on lol.
  I'M ON MY WORST BEHAVIOR

KillerPig

Quote from: Jeffalo13 on September 14, 2011, 11:38:29 PM
Quote from: KillerPig on September 14, 2011, 08:23:43 PM

You're always on lol.

Very true my friend, very true.

But I'm saying Bobo comes on whenever I'm supposed to be doing my homework.

iwasbobo

I'm on here all the time...

I only really post when I have the need to. I don't see the point in posting about something I don't really have an opinion on. I do work as a forum mod, but half the time when I try to lock/delete/warn/whatever, someone has completed it seconds before me. Since when do I have to post to do my job? Give me some examples of when I would have needed to post but didn't, please.

Quote from: Pokeh'this is called the blockimus-glieicha, also known as the block glitch'

zepher2211

Powersurge
Headstrong

mhj

September 15, 2011, 10:42:08 AM #37 Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 10:50:10 AM by mhj
Quote from: zepher2211 on September 14, 2011, 07:45:35 PM
Mhj your claim has nothing to back it up, all you can say is that you don't see him on when you are, you aren't accounting for a differences in timezones or anything, moreover you can help a person without actively posting, nor do you need to post everytime you do something as a moderator.

It has nothing to do with the timezones. I have been thinking about Bobo's staff position for quite a while now. Most of the times where I look at his profile it has been serveral days since he logged on. Either he is always logged out or else he is just not active.

EDIT:
Our forum team is clearly the best compared to our in-game staff.

mo9

from the way i see it
it looks like ur trying to make bobo loose his staff position

vv secks box

Yz

Quote from: mo9 on September 15, 2011, 10:59:59 AM

from the way i see it

orrrr he just mentioning how they could improve
DISCORD killyzkill

mo9

tomato tomato
uhh ^^ doesnt work on t e internet does it

vv secks box

mhj

from the way i see it

I have nothing against Bobo. I actually think he does a good job when it comes to a few points. But I don't think he's a good forum mod with the activity he shows.
I am NOT trying to make him loose his position. I am trying to make our staff better.

iwasbobo

Quote from: mhj on September 15, 2011, 11:26:50 AM

from the way i see it

I have nothing against Bobo. I actually think he does a good job when it comes to a few points. But I don't think he's a good forum mod with the activity he shows.
I am NOT trying to make him loose his position. I am trying to make our staff better.

Aight, if I'm not doing enough work, then an Admin can demote me, since apparently I'm not doing my job. o_O

Quote from: Pokeh'this is called the blockimus-glieicha, also known as the block glitch'

mhj

Quote from: iwasbobo on September 15, 2011, 07:40:41 PM
Quote from: mhj on September 15, 2011, 11:26:50 AM

from the way i see it

Aight, if I'm not doing enough work, then an Admin can demote me, since apparently I'm not doing my job. o_O

That's not what I am saying.. I am just giving examples of staff members who could do better.

zepher2211

You can't prove he's not doing his job except to say you don't see him on and he's not super talkative, jeff used to say nothing and just moderate, he's like the oldest standing forum mod. O-o
Powersurge
Headstrong

KillerPig

September 15, 2011, 11:50:57 PM #45 Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 11:54:45 PM by KillerPig
Bobo does his job and he does it well, as does Tricky, Jeff, and Toast.

None of these guys needs to go, they're all very good forum mods.

EDIT: PUT HAWK IN THAT LIST TOO.

iwasbobo

Quote from: KillerPig on September 15, 2011, 11:50:57 PM

Hawk doesn't, though? So he needs to go, then? =P

KillerPig

Quote from: iwasbobo on September 15, 2011, 11:52:00 PM

Shit, forgot about him...

mhj

Quote from: zepher2211 on September 15, 2011, 11:21:15 PM
You can't prove he's not doing his job except to say you don't see him on and he's not super talkative, jeff used to say nothing and just moderate, he's like the oldest standing forum mod. O-o

That's why I am saying that we need some changes in our staff... Our forum team is good enough. But there is some holes in the in-game.

hawk5005

There may be some holes but bobo isn't one of them.
And I'm pretty sure that with the ending of summer vacation the activity will slowly but surely fall down for everyone ( including staff members ) and there will be some changes ( we already saw this with Neo ).

mhj

Quote from: hawk5005 on September 16, 2011, 08:28:05 AM
And I'm pretty sure that with the ending of summer vacation the activity will slowly but surely fall down for everyone ( including staff members ) and there will be some changes ( we already saw this with Neo ).

Ain't the vacation over for most of the staff members?

hawk5005

Quote from: mhj on September 16, 2011, 08:32:32 AM
Quote from: hawk5005 on September 16, 2011, 08:28:05 AM

Ain't the vacation over for most of the staff members?
Yea that's what I wanted to say...

Gramps

I 've been on vacation for the last 5 years ;)

mhj

Allie

Quote from: Gramps on September 16, 2011, 09:05:21 AM
I 've been on vacation for the last 5 years ;)

ur 69
you graduated at year 64?

Gramps

Wife worked, i am the house husband :)

mhj

Quote from: Gramps on September 16, 2011, 09:31:19 AM
Wife worked, i am the house husband :)

Nice. So you never work? Then your wife should make a lot of money man :).

Gramps

I worked from the age of 11, one job i did 20 hours a day, 7 days a week....Too off topic now ;)

Iridion

Quote from: iwasbobo on September 15, 2011, 11:52:00 PM

yea! bobo for gm!

Quote from: Madproxyes because Iri & Kp can change the rules!
thats how we roll maddie

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-