May 05, 2024, 01:49:29 PMLatest Member: juasjuas
BoutCheetah » Forum » BoutCheetah Community » General Discussion » BoutCheetah GP wipe... Player opinions???

BoutCheetah GP wipe... Player opinions???

Started by Yz, July 03, 2012, 06:23:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you want the GP Wipe to happen, if so, how?

Reset Guilds, keep Max Members at 50
9 (11.8%)
Reset Guilds, lower Max Members to 30
24 (31.6%)
Reset Guilds, lower Max Members to 20
32 (42.1%)
Leave Guilds alone
11 (14.5%)

Total Members Voted: 76

Yz

Hey everyone! There's been lots of talk about a GP Reset, which means all guilds will have their GP reset to 0 -- but their current GP will be archived in a Hall of Fame.

This will spark new guilds, new rivalries, and some hot competition as there will be way more guilds in the run for rank 1.

So here are the options. Please note it is not guaranteed the winning option will actually be chosen, we just want to know what the players think. Vote only once, please.
DISCORD killyzkill

Allie

Clarifying more of what the first post said, this is not a guaranteed content poll. The winner may or may not strongly influence our decision but it will not decide for itself.

Jason321

Resetting the GP would result in people who belonged at the guild they were in before the reset to go to other guild, this will start Wars, Flames, Arguements, People quitting the guild.
There is loads of people who are agreeing to this, Why? I dont know.
I Think the guild shouls just be left alone, We all know that Silence is NOT Legit.
They're people who have basically no lifed this game for weeks, months, some even years to get to where they are, and your just going to wipe all of there hard work, These people will go mental.
I guarantee you people will leave, and resetting may even spark people attempting to hack the game, DDOS the game, DDOS the website, or do anything possible they can to ruin the game.

This is just what i think of the GP reset and i am strongly against it.

Thanks, -Turb0

Yz

Quote from: Jason321 on July 03, 2012, 06:39:30 PM
Resetting the GP would result in people who belonged at the guild they were in before the reset to go to other guild, this will start Wars, Flames, Arguements, People quitting the guild.
I Think the guild shouls just be left alone, We all know that Silence is NOT Legit.
They're people who have basically no lifed this game for weeks, months, some even years to get to where they are, and your just going to wipe all of there hard work, These people will go mental.
I guarantee you people will leave, and resetting may even spark people attempting to hack the game, DDOS the game, DDOS the website, or do anything possible they can to ruin the game.

Thanks, -Turb0

Muncay and Ice are all for the GP reset idea.
DISCORD killyzkill

UnderYou

July 03, 2012, 06:43:15 PM #4 Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 06:43:37 PM by UnderYou
I think its good to reset the gp how Yz said :

Quote from: Yz on July 03, 2012, 06:23:57 PM
This will spark new guilds, new rivalries, and some hot competition as there will be way more guilds in the run for rank 1.
Ign | Diesel
Lv | ???
Guild | Morbid
Specialty | Sector

Jason321

You are not thinking of the risks your taking, Try thinking how it may even kill the game.
Yes MASTER OG ICE and Muncay are All for this, because they know they're not legit. Or MASTER OG ICE feels kind of sorry for it or wanted to try and prove "Silence" Are the best guild in the game, The people who are against this just might blame MASTER OG ICE or Muncay for the GP Reset and will go cause Flames with them.
We all know MASTER OG ICE can't really control what he says, Being banned has proven that, Calling people "Kiddies" and "*****s"
For the most pathetic reasons.
Then this abuse may be screenshotted and then reported, and then MASTER OG ICE will respond to this, maybe in the right way.
I just dont think your thinking hard about what risks your taking and how you could mess up certain stuff in game or the players in game.

Thanks for reading, -Turb0

Yz

Noted, but please do not make posts that are likely to start drama in this thread.
DISCORD killyzkill

Zack66775

Quote from: UnderYou on July 03, 2012, 06:43:15 PM
I think its good to reset the gp how Yz said :

Quote from: Yz on July 03, 2012, 06:23:57 PM
It really will. There are not many guilds right now that are above 10 million GP and most up there are inactive. The one's that aren't are all for the reset because of the current state of guilds. There are tons that are inactive or not even high enough in GP to be able to debate a guild reset. It would also be nice to reduce the current size of guilds to "Spark new guilds" and create "some hot competition" to go along with it. You will have to decide who you truly want in you guild and who you can truly trust. Don't forget we will still have the hall of fame though to remember all of the old guilds that were wiped and to hold the places they earned.

Goals:
100 posts [X] 500 posts [X] 1000 posts [X] 1500 posts [ ] 2000 posts [] Member [] << D:
Forum Mod [ ]

Jason321

Ahh i give up, you people dont obviously see the risk in it.

Corr

Of course their is risk too it, their is always a drawback or consequence to something, but what you gotta see is that the benefits outweigh the risks. So it's okay.

ZeaL - Rank 1 Hax, just because
I do it for the lulz.

Yz

Quote from: Corr on July 03, 2012, 07:00:59 PM
Of course their is risk too it, their is always a drawback or consequence to something, but what you gotta see is that the benefits outweigh the risks. So it's okay.

If this does happen will we be seeing you in-game, Corr? :)
DISCORD killyzkill

MagicXR

Quote from: Jason321 on July 03, 2012, 06:51:07 PM
You are not thinking of the risks your taking, Try thinking how it may even kill the game.
Yes MASTER OG ICE and Muncay are All for this, because they know they're not legit. Or MASTER OG ICE feels kind of sorry for it or wanted to try and prove "Silence" Are the best guild in the game, The people who are against this just might blame MASTER OG ICE or Muncay for the GP Reset and will go cause Flames with them.
We all know MASTER OG ICE can't really control what he says, Being banned has proven that, Calling people "Kiddies" and "*****s"
For the most pathetic reasons.
Then this abuse may be screenshotted and then reported, and then MASTER OG ICE will respond to this, maybe in the right way.
I just dont think your thinking hard about what risks your taking and how you could mess up certain stuff in game or the players in game.

Thanks for reading, -Turb0
theres nothing bad about *****s

To stay on topic I see o problem resetting GP because it will spark a new reason to be more active and Rank 1 would be up for grabs

Scythe

For those who vote for "Reset,but keep guild slots at 50"

Do you not get people would just make the same guild,all the actives go into one=no rivalry=no challenge

If it would be 20 members per guild,it  would make many rivalry
Don't think, feel

Zack66775

Quote from: Scythe on July 03, 2012, 07:41:55 PM

Do you not get people would just make the same guild,all the actives go into one=no rivalry=no challenge

If it would be 20 members per guild,it  would make many rivalry
Even 30 people would do this. 30 would still allow a fairly large guild but would help trim it and eliminate guild hopping and make trust and knowing someone be a key factor in getting in.

Goals:
100 posts [X] 500 posts [X] 1000 posts [X] 1500 posts [ ] 2000 posts [] Member [] << D:
Forum Mod [ ]

jar009

July 03, 2012, 07:55:00 PM #14 Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 07:56:47 PM by jar009
Well I know my post won't do anything but I have to agree with Jason aka -Turbo

I know already some guilds and persons who have a social war amoung each other,
also I think the reset will make this war bigger and worser than before,

I also know these persons who have these arguments about the best guild in wich they are they brag about things and  start to do thing out of jalousy, like cursing, and flaming.

also what I already saw a lot was guild members from other guilds went to rooms in wich the rival guild was playing to say mean and bad things about that guild and started to promote to join their guild. I got a big example: *************
(I'm not here to say bad amoung others)

well I think if you guys want to keep this "social war" at minimal rates, that leaving the guildpoints will be the best idea.

on the other side I like to option to reset guildpoints but the negative side about this idea says to me to ignore this change.

lolig

Corr

We can all agree on 25? That might be perfect if 30 is too much and 20 is too little lets just meet halfway lol.

@ Tricky- I guess, but not that active like I used to be, and if anything I'll just be a co-leader too a regular guild or something. I don't like dealing with people like I used too. xD

ZeaL - Rank 1 Hax, just because
I do it for the lulz.

MuzzaFuzza

good idea! +1 reset guilds. sunshine is unactive with loads of gp

rettknight

July 03, 2012, 08:07:12 PM #17 Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 08:07:50 PM by rettknight
Quote from: Corr on July 03, 2012, 08:01:16 PM
We can all agree on 25? That might be perfect if 30 is too much and 20 is too little lets just meet halfway lol.

@ Tricky- I guess, but not that active like I used to be, and if anything I'll just be a co-leader too a regular guild or something. I don't like dealing with people like I used too. xD
Aw damn x) well I'd still want to play you if you come online o;
Quote from: jar009 on July 03, 2012, 07:55:00 PM
Well I know my post won't do anything but I have to agree with Jason aka -Turbo

I know already some guilds and persons who have a social war amoung each other,
also I think the reset will make this war bigger and worser than before,

I also know these persons who have these arguments about the best guild in wich they are they brag about things and  start to do thing out of jalousy, like cursing, and flaming.

also what I already saw a lot was guild members from other guilds went to rooms in wich the rival guild was playing to say mean and bad things about that guild and started to promote to join their guild. I got a big example: *************
(I'm not here to say bad amoung others)

well I think if you guys want to keep this "social war" at minimal rates, that leaving the guildpoints will be the best idea.

on the other side I like to option to reset guildpoints but the negative side about this idea says to me to ignore this change.

lolig
Nonsense, if this things happen you can always kick them out.. And if "The rival guild" is playing, wouldn't it be a {gmo} meaning that they could not access to it? Speaking of regular rooms if they start harassing big time you can always report...
Which rivalry, btw o.O

@Fuzz: Sunshine isn't that much of the problem anyway.

IGN: RetKiss | Ret | | -Ret- | Gora

Gramps

It's late cba to read it all, ignore my kids post, he has mental issues ;)

^^meaty, muncay, zom & kenny <3

Pokeh

Quote from: Corr on July 03, 2012, 07:00:59 PM
>there is always a drawback or consequence to something.

Post of the year.

at least my idea of an old rankings page was considered O:-)

GavinGill

July 04, 2012, 04:04:21 AM #20 Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 07:24:35 AM by GavinGill
And why is that? The GP would still be there in the Hallf Of Fame, it's not like it's going to disappear. .-.

Quote from: Jason321 on July 03, 2012, 06:39:30 PMThere is loads of people who are agreeing to this, Why? I dont know.
Because the current guild system has been totally ****ing ruined and we want it to be fixed. That's why.

Quote from: Jason321 on July 03, 2012, 06:39:30 PMI Think the guild shouls just be left alone, We all know that Silence is NOT Legit.
Again, that GP isn't going to dispear, it will just be moved to the GP Hall Of Fame.

Quote from: Jason321 on July 03, 2012, 06:59:41 PM
Ahh i give up, you people dont obviously see the risk in it.
I think the problem here is that you don't fully understand what's being proposed. =/

Quote from: Scythe on July 03, 2012, 07:41:55 PM

If it would be 20 members per guild,it  would make many rivalry
This. A thousand times this. 50 guild members would only work with a large community, the size of Acclaim BOTS!! (if not bigger). For B.Cheetah, 20 members would be best. But as Corr said, if 20 seems like too much of a change, then 25 should be fine.

"You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today."
"A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is
done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves."

Scythe

The reset and decrease guild size vote is winning,win!
Don't think, feel

Xx Itz Ian

i think we should reset GP to start with, then when we have done that there is balance in GP.

the next to do would be setting a max of 30 members in a guild as our community is not big enough to go higher. rivaly will increase and as people read this topic they will understand the deccision.

when we have a bigger community we can always go back to 50.
League of Legends:
http://euw.op.gg/summoner/userName=ianv
http://euw.op.gg/summoner/userName=smurf+leblanc
http://euw.op.gg/summoner/userName=qqdz

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  Xx ItZ Ian
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

daluzman123

There should be a reset because players are getting Illegal GP transfers request, and making up exscuses to boost GP.

There should be NO GP Transfers whatsoever, And all GP Should be cleaned.

Guild Members should be lowered to 20-30 players to make it more a challenge and not just have inactive players taking up space.

-Mod Johnny

Iridion

reset+20 g. members
more guilds, more competition, more "life" to te game eventually

Quote from: Madproxyes because Iri & Kp can change the rules!
thats how we roll maddie

Scythe

Yea 20,even 5 more members can show a great difference
Don't think, feel

Gramps

Reset and 20-25 players in a guild. Don't need to say a lot as i kinda got this thing going.

KillerPig

July 04, 2012, 09:17:13 AM #27 Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 09:17:55 AM by KillerPig
Quote from: daluzman123 on July 04, 2012, 05:11:15 AM
There should be a reset because players are getting Illegal GP transfers request, and making up exscuses to boost GP.

Guild Members should be lowered to 20-30 players to make it more a challenge and not just have inactive players taking up space.

-Mod Johnny
although im completely for gp reset, u make a weird point here

illegal gp transfers? like what lol
also why shouldnt there be gp transfers? players in guilds earn gp for their guild. if they quit or something it makes perfect sense to  transfer lawl

IGN: KillerPig (H) | NinjaPig (H) | ShadowPig (H) | KillerPig (L)
LVL: 225 | 225 | 225 | 44
GUILD: ZeaL | CourageCrew | Lil Optis | -

Gramps

KillerPig

No way in hell I'm reading all that lawl

if I missed something tell me  ???

mo9

July 04, 2012, 09:51:32 AM #30 Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 09:52:21 AM by mo9
all for it
the number of guild members or debatable though
i think 25 is okay
ZeaL Rank 1 BvB, just because

vv secks box

Nucleaon

IGNs:
BC: Nuc | Kyura
GC: SaphireFlare

rettknight

Yeah, 25 sounds like a fair amount but im good with either 20 or 25.

IGN: RetKiss | Ret | | -Ret- | Gora

Iridion

Quote from: KillerPig on July 04, 2012, 09:17:13 AM

-Mod Johnny

also why shouldnt there be gp transfers? players in guilds earn gp for their guild. if they quit or something it makes perfect sense to  transfer lawl
if they earned gp for THAT guild how does it makes sense to transfer it to ANOTHER guild

Quote from: Madproxyes because Iri & Kp can change the rules!
thats how we roll maddie

Scythe

Transferring GP is a treason to treason lawl

20 members/guild  ftw

Don't think, feel

GavinGill

A 20 member limit would probably be more interesting than a 30 member limit, guilds wouldn't be able to hoard all the good players.

KillerPig

Quote from: Iridion on July 04, 2012, 01:34:05 PM
Quote from: KillerPig on July 04, 2012, 09:17:13 AM

-Mod Johnny

also why shouldnt there be gp transfers? players in guilds earn gp for their guild. if they quit or something it makes perfect sense to  transfer lawl
if they earned gp for THAT guild how does it makes sense to transfer it to ANOTHER guild
has that actually happened before? o_o

Here's wat i mean:
I make a guild
Iri joins my guild and get me 2 mill gp
iri wants to quit so he gives me all the gp

Gramps

You leave guild, gp is gone, as it always has been.

KillerPig

im gonna guess this argument was presented and resolved in grampys other thread so im gonna stop now

Gramps

KillerPig

oh. I'll continue then  ;D

Im making sense when I say that right? Even it was just 1 gp being transfered that 1 gp is THE GUILDS accomplishment

Pokeh

gp should stay in guild (but not transferred to a certain player like guild master) unless guild master kicks person from guild (like in evo)

but ya definitely no transfer.

ex:
pig makes guild
no1 joins
then i make guild and ross joins.
ross makes 2 mil gp
ross decides to make guild with allie
ross quits
2 mil gp is in the guild, but nobody owns it. it still adds to the total gp.

Gramps

Quote from: Pokeh on July 04, 2012, 10:06:17 PM
gp should stay in guild (but not transferred to a certain player like guild master) unless guild master kicks person from guild (like in evo)

ex:
pig makes guild
no1 joins
ross makes 2 mil gp
ross quits

No, ross' gp would be gone.

Pokeh

no we can make it so it stays cuz at one point ross was my bitch and he made 2 mil gp for my guild

KillerPig

MagicXR

Quote from: Pokeh on July 04, 2012, 10:06:17 PM

ex:
pig makes guild
no1 joins
ross makes 2 mil gp
ross quits
nice idea

KillerPig

building off pokes idea

all the gp earned by a guild goes into 1 collective number that never decreases unless through gp wipe

GavinGill

Quote from: Pokeh on July 04, 2012, 10:17:09 PM
no we can make it so it stays cuz at one point ross was my bitch and he made 2 mil gp for my guild
But then we're left with the same problem. When you lose a guild member, it should be a sacrifice, just like it was in BOTS!! and BOUT. Otherwise people can just join a guild for the sake of grinding GP for their friend, then go off and do the same for other people. That shouldn't be allowed, when someone leaves, their GP should go away as well. That's what the competitive guild ranking system was built upon - not just being able to make the most GP, but being able to keep it as well. It's supposed to be a challenge, something that takes skill and diplomacy.

Epic xD

I don't even see the big deal with GP anyways. Getting GP is a chore, and it equates to worthless points on a dead online game.

If you're in a guild, you should be with people to have fun. If you've been playing this game to collect GP, you've been wasting your time.  >.>

Quote from: KillerPig on June 24, 2011, 07:49:43 AM
I've been debating with myself about this for a long time now. No, I'm not leaving BC, but when I get back, I'll be asking the girl I've liked for a long time to go out with me. Wish me luck. Zomg I'm so excited.

Pokeh

Quote from: GavinGill on July 05, 2012, 12:17:02 AM
But then we're left with the same problem. When you lose a guild member, it should be a sacrifice, just like it was in BOTS!! and BOUT. Otherwise people can just join a guild for the sake of grinding GP for their friend, then go off and do the same for other people. That shouldn't be allowed, when someone leaves, their GP should go away as well. That's what the competitive guild ranking system was built upon - not just being able to make the most GP, but being able to keep it as well. It's supposed to be a challenge, something that takes skill and diplomacy.

Then this is parallel to

Quote from: Epic xD on July 05, 2012, 02:53:21 AM
Honestly, I'm surprised you're only disappointed now. The whole guild system in Bots is just pathetic. Ranking a guild by points is a really stupid concept. All it does is show how much people play the game in the first place. You want guilds to be competitive over points? Imo, a guild should be competitive within itself over a specific game mode (sector, PvP, BvB). At least that way, the players actually do something interesting, have fun, and get better at the game.

/bai

How the gp system works will directly affect how people should earn gp in the first place. Let's try to get that down. Then, depending on how it ends up we can decide how the gp system would work. :/

speedy101

Thanks, -Turb0
I dont apprieciate your comment on silence if you wanna start something just get out.
IGN:OGSpeed
LVL:non mem172 member 221

KillerPig

Quote from: speedy101 on July 05, 2012, 03:36:26 AM

Thanks, -Turb0
I dont apprieciate your comment on silence if you wanna start something just get out.

Ignore him
he doesn't know wat he's talking about lol

Scythe

20 members

GP reset

No GP transferring

No GP keeping if a player quits

kinda what everyone wants
Don't think, feel

GavinGill

Quote from: Pokeh on July 05, 2012, 03:13:47 AM

Then this is parallel to

Honestly, I'm surprised you're only disappointed now. The whole guild system in Bots is just pathetic. Ranking a guild by points is a really stupid concept. All it does is show how much people play the game in the first place. You want guilds to be competitive over points? Imo, a guild should be competitive within itself over a specific game mode (sector, PvP, BvB). At least that way, the players actually do something interesting, have fun, and get better at the game.

/bai

How the gp system works will directly affect how people should earn gp in the first place. Let's try to get that down. Then, depending on how it ends up we can decide how the gp system would work. :/
We could incentivise PvP and BvB with something like this: http://boutcheetah.zylongaming.com/index.php/topic,26891.0.html

That way, instead of mindlessly grinding for hours on end for GP, players would be able to get it through the other modes as well. With more people playing those modes, the metagame of the average player is bound to improve and it'd spark interest in PvP/BvB again.

Scythe

Quote from: GavinGill on July 05, 2012, 07:23:41 AM
Quote from: Pokeh on July 05, 2012, 03:13:47 AM

Then this is parallel to

/bai

We could incentivise PvP and BvB with something like this: http://boutcheetah.zylongaming.com/index.php/topic,26891.0.html

That way, instead of mindlessly grinding for hours on end for GP, players would be able to get it through the other modes as well. With more people playing those modes, the metagame of the average player is bound to improve and it'd spark interest in PvP/BvB again.

Ridiculously awesome
Don't think, feel

RedNeon

Quote from: Scythe on July 05, 2012, 05:53:34 AM
20or25 members

GP reset

No GP transferring

No GP keeping if a player quits

kinda what everyone wants
how 'bout maek this happen

Scythe

Quote from: RedNeon on July 05, 2012, 08:22:56 AM