May 17, 2024, 04:31:04 PMLatest Member: Sprechchor
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other BoutCheetah Stuff » Suggestions » Raise level cap?

Raise level cap?

Started by y2k, December 12, 2011, 01:21:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

y2k

In the future will the level cap ever be raised for members?

Rossbach

December 12, 2011, 01:24:49 AM #1 Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 01:25:42 AM by Rossbach
1% chance it will. This has been asked/ suggested many times already.

Omnomnom eating toast.

y2k

Quote from: Rossbach on December 12, 2011, 01:24:49 AM
1% chance it will. This has been asked/ suggested many times already.
Yeah thought so..

Pokeh

Raise it like 5 levels a year to keep the game interesting.

mhj

No one likes this suggest. It has NEVER been positively met in my BC days.

|More than ten people a year are killed by vending machines.|

Toast

Kenny/Allie can't seem to get the cap level going yet. But if they do, I don't think they'll still be raising the cap level.

MedicaL

Isn't 200 lvs quite an amount of work already?

Shadow

I think increasing the cap would be cool.  Just don't really add any stat boosts after level 200 instead people can just level up a lot then people would grind way way more to become the highest leveled person in the game lol.
BOUTCHEETAHS FIRST PLAYER TO LOGIN ON THE PRIVATE SERVER, FIRST PLAYER TO BE ADDED AS A GM, FIRST PLAYER TO REACH MAX LEVEL.

y2k

Quote from: MedicaL on December 12, 2011, 08:18:21 PM
Yeah Its 2million exp. But i want a higher cap again and maybe a new set or something?

asmit10

Actually, I'm pretty sure this will happen eventually anyway.
Quote from: cybercjt on May 27, 2012, 02:27:31 PM
Shegoat
i'm 6 according to Dillh
The internet is a great place to grow up. Just make sure you keep growing.

Pokeh

500k-1mil exp to next level after 200.

It'll really encourage grinders, and keep the game interesting. Add special items for lv 200+ and so on. Stat boosts obviously should go according to the current pattern. whatever that it.

KillerPig

if anything level cap should go down

IGN: KillerPig (H) | NinjaPig (H) | ShadowPig (H) | KillerPig (L)
LVL: 225 | 225 | 225 | 44
GUILD: ZeaL | CourageCrew | Lil Optis | -

MedicaL

Quote from: y2k on December 12, 2011, 08:26:10 PM
Quote from: MedicaL on December 12, 2011, 08:18:21 PM
Yeah Its 2million exp. But i want a higher cap again and maybe a new set or something?
Shit that's a lot.

Idk how you guys could grind hours upon hours without getting bored.

RedNeon

then keum will be the 1st max lvl-ed player

spiderstar

I thought they already made 200+ accounts.. (The Gods).  I thought all of them were at least 200+.

hawk5005

Quote from: spiderstar on December 13, 2011, 03:28:48 AM
I thought they already made 200+ accounts.. (The Gods).  I thought all of them were at least 200+.
They are, but a normal player can't go past the lvl 200 cap.

y2k

Quote from: Toast on December 12, 2011, 07:42:57 PM
Kenny/Allie can't seem to get the cap level going yet. But if they do, I don't think they'll still be raising the cap level.
So allie and santa basically understand 99% of things in the game.. But going above lv 200 is the one thing they don't?

NeoKiller

I'm pretty sure they are able to increase the level cap.
But there is no reason to do so.
Why the hell you want the cap increased ?

hawk5005

I'm pretty sure they can increase the cap since BOTS/BOUT didn't have 200 levels like we do.

y2k

Quote from: NeoKiller on December 13, 2011, 08:50:20 AM
Why not? I mean what's wrong with a few more extra level for members to have :).

NeoKiller

Quote from: y2k on December 13, 2011, 09:03:11 AM
Why not? I mean what's wrong with a few more extra level for members to have :).
This was suggsted so many times.
If you increase the level cap new armor and maps are needed.

Iridion

omg stat whores go away shit idea go buy yourself some botstracts or other op items instead of ruining the game more

Quote from: Madproxyes because Iri & Kp can change the rules!
thats how we roll maddie

y2k

Quote from: Iridion on December 13, 2011, 11:20:10 AM
omg stat whores go away shit idea go buy yourself some botstracts or other op items instead of ruining the game more
Im no 'stat whore' Im not even lv 200.. i just want the enjoyment of leveling up to continue after lv 200.. and to see new armours appear in bc,

Gramps

More levels is fine, more items are fine, as long as the stats don't increase past elektra +7. Just new looking higher levels with no more power. And like poke said, 500k - 1m per lvl or something.

^^meaty, muncay, zom & kenny <3

y2k

Quote from: Gramps on December 14, 2011, 05:23:29 AM
More levels is fine, more items are fine, as long as the stats don't increase past elektra +7. Just new looking higher levels with no more power. And like poke said, 500k - 1m per lvl or something.
Yeah or even like variations of Eleltra.. But I especially was looking forward to maybe NEW ARMOUR not different parts that are modded.

hawk5005

At the moment the max level 200 is almost perfect, it isn't too overpowered against lvl 150.
Increasing the level cap would bring a new issue: balance- and we barely got any.
Going past level 200 would mean going past lvl 150 for non-members which would bring a lot of issues.

y2k

Quote from: hawk5005 on December 14, 2011, 08:26:35 AM
At the moment the max level 200 is almost perfect, it isn't too overpowered against lvl 150.
Increasing the level cap would bring a new issue: balance- and we barely got any.
Going past level 200 would mean going past lvl 150 for non-members which would bring a lot of issues.
no one can go past lv 200 lol 200 is the cap.
I can think of at least 20+ people lv 200 and I think offering them the experience of going higher would be a great reward for their efforts on the game.

Yz

December 14, 2011, 09:12:11 AM #28 Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 09:13:59 AM by Yz
Bleh.

Quote from: y2k on December 12, 2011, 08:26:10 PMYeah Its 2million exp. But i want a higher cap again and maybe a new set or something?

Make the set please or find someone to do all the balancing and texturing for it. Then make the maps. Just because you want it doesn't mean the game needs it ;0 People are content with what they have for the moment. I kept grinding after lv 200, a lot of people have. Surprisingly the people wanting a higher level cap are people like Poke who need all the help they can get levelling (usually some cheap method) or people like you who haven't even hit 200 yet :/ Experience it first, people.

Quote from: Pokeh on December 12, 2011, 08:47:06 PM
500k-1mil exp to next level after 200.

It'll really encourage grinders, and keep the game interesting. Add special items for lv 200+ and so on. Stat boosts obviously should go according to the current pattern. whatever that it.

Then when they hit that level cap I guess we will need to encourage them again with another level cap boost? -- occasional events and drops are enough motivation. The stats are already huge, and also non-members are being kind of ignored here...

Quote from: y2k on December 13, 2011, 08:47:19 AM
Quote from: Toast on December 12, 2011, 07:42:57 PM
So allie and santa basically understand 99% of things in the game.. But going above lv 200 is the one thing they don't?

You are very misinformed, either that or you're joking. They can't do a lot of things. Above lv 200 will just take quite a bit of work and it's not necessary at the moment.

Quote from: y2k on December 13, 2011, 09:03:11 AM

People have told you time & time again, balance issues and lack of features for above lv 200, also you seem very bias in the sense you don't seem to give two shits about non-members. I bet if you weren't a member you wouldn't be suggesting this :/ If that's not the case then what do you think should happen to non-members? If their level cap increased nothing would need to be done really, no new items would have to be made. They should both go up together, not one at a time ;o

Quote from: y2k on December 14, 2011, 02:24:10 AM
Quote from: Iridion on December 13, 2011, 11:20:10 AM
Im no 'stat whore' Im not even lv 200.. i just want the enjoyment of leveling up to continue after lv 200.. and to see new armours appear in bc,

You've played for sooooo~ long and still under lv 180, you dunno how much stuff there is still left to do at lv 200, and there's already quite a few "new armours" (cough reskins) no more is necessary atm imo.

Quote from: y2k on December 14, 2011, 08:22:22 AM
Quote from: Gramps on December 14, 2011, 05:23:29 AM
Yeah or even like variations of Eleltra.. But I especially was looking forward to maybe NEW ARMOUR not different parts that are modded.

By all means, make some for us to use~

Quote from: y2k on December 14, 2011, 08:57:45 AMI can think of at least 20+ people lv 200 and I think offering them the experience of going higher would be a great reward for their efforts on the game.

I wouldn't care for it personally, let people speak for themselves, don't do it for them :P

lawl im so ****ing tired i bet this entire post is full of holes 8)
DISCORD killyzkill

Iridion

Quote from: hawk5005 on December 14, 2011, 08:26:35 AM
omg nawk is smart :D

Quote from: Madproxyes because Iri & Kp can change the rules!
thats how we roll maddie

eco999

Add 10 levels every year but make getting those 10 levels SUPER UBER HARD and you get a prize or something for getting to it.
You can also wear a new set of some sort if you get to that level.

zepher2211

k so, create a higher level cap without new stat gains, but create new cooler looking sets the higher you level, which also give no new stats; that way only those who enjoy sector + new sets will get anything out of it, not people looking for op'ness
Powersurge
Headstrong

Pokeh

@tricky: well 5-10 levels a year shouldn't be too much. not to mention going from one level to the next would be a pain in the ass already.

bc won't last forever, and going 5 levels a year wouldn't hit to the max level possible coding wise anytime soon lol

but balancing ya would be an issue. screw whole sets, just certain items that give slightly higher bonuses than current items (i.e e.f's, flags, etc.)

BonzoDog

+1 to adding higher level cap.

Reasons:
- People won't stay forever if they've got nothing to aim for
- Those that want to be the best will aim for that goal
- Some people have already earned it with their mass amounts of XP (e.g. ICE, TheMatic [ik hes gone] etc.)
- not to seem ****y or anything but for a frequent bout memberm level 200 is a walk in the park.
- Higher level = Higher HP = Higher sector levels could be made = fun fun fun
- a chance to finally add a "Max level reward scheme".
- I would enjoy this if it were insanely hard to level up, nothin like a bit a grindin ;)
- It's been a while since I've seen the level up sign next to my name
- from what I've seen, more of the community has +1'd this thank -1. (I've only read one page but i bet there are more +1)

Just my personal opinion, if you don't agree, then feel free to say so and i'll be sure to ignore it. thanks <3

Yz

Quote from: BonzoDog on December 15, 2011, 09:18:50 PM
+1 to adding higher level cap.

Reasons:
- People won't stay forever if they've got nothing to aim for
- Those that want to be the best will aim for that goal
- Some people have already earned it with their mass amounts of XP (e.g. ICE, TheMatic [ik hes gone] etc.)
- not to seem ****y or anything but for a frequent bout memberm level 200 is a walk in the park.
- Higher level = Higher HP = Higher sector levels could be made = fun fun fun
- a chance to finally add a "Max level reward scheme".
- I would enjoy this if it were insanely hard to level up, nothin like a bit a grindin ;)
- It's been a while since I've seen the level up sign next to my name
- from what I've seen, more of the community has +1'd this thank -1. (I've only read one page but i bet there are more +1)

Just my personal opinion, if you don't agree, then feel free to say so and i'll be sure to ignore it. thanks <3

Just read the ending so all will be sure to ignore your retarded opinion thanks <3

poke i'm not totally against the idea but y2k's points are just awful. i always go against the person making the suggestion unless they make it clear how it will benefit and what we can do for it not to fail. the idea has flaws and someone needs to figure a fix for everything :3
DISCORD killyzkill

Pokeh

kenny's here 4 dat.

most problems are solved. non-members will probably be most unhappy by it because of the higher level cap difference.

eh

Yz

allie wouldnt go for that

now that you say you have no intention to fix anything for non members i bet you wouldn't agree with this at all if you didn't have free member from begging kenny so this topic is now cancer till it gets at least one good person backing it up
DISCORD killyzkill

Pokeh

i never said nothing for the non-members just that they wouldn't like it.

raise level cap to 160 for non-members? lul

Yz

Quote from: Pokeh on December 15, 2011, 09:44:36 PM
non-members will probably be most unhappy by it because of the higher level cap difference.

that implies nothing for non members

lv 160 will not get non members any new armor so they'd ragequit

yah no one smart backing this up so, cancer as i said :P
DISCORD killyzkill

Shadow

I like Zepher's idea.  Increase the level cap just don't increase the stats.  Instead just added different colored armors and stuff for people to level up and get.
BOUTCHEETAHS FIRST PLAYER TO LOGIN ON THE PRIVATE SERVER, FIRST PLAYER TO BE ADDED AS A GM, FIRST PLAYER TO REACH MAX LEVEL.

Pokeh

Quote from: Yz on December 15, 2011, 10:03:42 PM
non-members will probably be most unhappy by it because of the higher level cap difference.

well if you like ruining everything then **** you man

y2k

Quote from: Yz on December 15, 2011, 10:03:42 PM

Maybe non-members might be re considering buying a membership if it was a popular option in the game of bc.

hawk5005

Too much work.
Increasing the max level cap would mean a new armor and a new sector level. Doing that will just create a bigger difference between member and non-member. The non-member cap should also be raised up to the next armor and the next sector level, that would mean more work. And then it comes the balancing thing.
Too much work.

NeoKiller

Actually some of the arguments kinda convinced me.
But not completly, I'm somehow undecided.
It'd be cool to have higher lvl with higher armor but with same stats as lvl 200.
Just cooler armor. But it is also kinda alot of work and we need someone doing the new smexy armor.
Also the top ranked people would be auto max level again and the lower lvl would complain sth like that "omg thats unfair they r auto lvled to new max lvl"...

Shadow

They wouldn't need to create a new sector level really because no one hardly does 221.  So if they'd raise the level cap 221 would prolly get more action because people could do it a little faster and not take like 4-6 minutes lol.

y2k

Quote from: NeoKiller on December 16, 2011, 08:27:02 AM
Actually some of the arguments kinda convinced me.
But not completly, I'm somehow undecided.
It'd be cool to have higher lvl with higher armor but with same stats as lvl 200.
Just cooler armor. But it is also kinda alot of work and we need someone doing the new smexy armor.
Also the top ranked people would be auto max level again and the lower lvl would complain sth like that "omg thats unfair they r auto lvled to new max lvl"...
someone would just have to explain to 'lower levels' that repose havnt auto leveled but have put a lot of work into gaining the amount of experience to go up for the new cap.

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-