May 17, 2024, 09:26:31 AMLatest Member: MyzhFug
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other BoutCheetah Stuff » Suggestions » Great new idea 'Enter Message' option

Great new idea 'Enter Message' option

Started by Cooky, May 16, 2013, 05:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Selene

This suggestion is pointless and a waste of time, when we already have three options that are perfectly fine.

spiderstar

Quote from: codycody on May 27, 2013, 04:55:56 AM
99.9% of society has grown used to said facilities, they like them, they don't need them. Majority opinion is not the correct opinion, simply the popular one. Your point doesn't really speak for itself, but I'm tired anyway, goodnight
Oooh a debate...  How fun.

Although I agree with most of your points, there are some flaws in why you're defending this suggestion.  We need a car, microwave, and refrigerator mainly because of efficiency.  For example, when people used covered wagons and horses to travel in a historical event (in America) called the "Oregon Trail" it took 5-6 months to go from Oregon to California.   With a car it takes approximately 10 hours if you drive non-stop and probably 3-4 days realistically.
Let's assume that every month has 29 days.
5 * 29 = 145  145 - 4 = 141
6 * 29 = 174 174 - 4 = 170
That's a whopping 141-170 days saved in a persons life just because of the car, and I don't know about you but I would rather spend 6 days driving than 170 days on a covered wagon.

With the implementation of this "button" that you think is so genius how much time would it save versus typing it? Let's just say this suggestion is automatic so it goes in 0-1 second after the person enters the room.  Now let's pretend the average person types at 50 WPM.  "Suicide or Kick" is a common 3 worded phrase that many players use so...
50/60 = .834
.834 * 3 = 2.5
1 second versus 2.5 seconds doesn't save that much time.
Also you have to consider that Allie and Kenny would have to spend quite a bit of time to code this suggestion into the game just to save 1.5 seconds of a persons life.

Hope this explains why I personally don't think this is a good idea lol..

Rossbach

May 28, 2013, 02:50:08 AM #32 Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 03:07:42 AM by Rossbach
Lets lets get rid of our cars and go back to the days where we live in small areas, lets also throw away any weapons we use to hunt they are also not completely necessary, we can just use are hands to kill animals. Computer or entertainment? Nope, lets just sit there staring at the sky. Medicine? Nope, lets trust out immune system, school? Nah common sense, structures?  Nah, we don't need it. Medicine or ways to help injured people? Nah, leave them there to fend for themselves. Things to help crippled people like wheel chairs? Nah.  ::)

To be fair, yes people do need them in order to live as that is the way humans have changed and adapted. Of course some people would be able to survive, but if those machines were to just disappear right now you can go kiss 90% of the population good bye. Not every person is completely fit to walk, and competent enough to survive.  ::)

Don't forget that the person would have to type in the message every time a new room is made, or they could just make a macro and press 1 button.  ::)

Omnomnom eating toast.

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-