May 18, 2024, 12:05:51 AMLatest Member: Michealten
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other » Off Topic » sooo...

sooo...

Started by Blessed, February 19, 2014, 01:16:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blessed

Let's say I wanted to get into computers where's a good place to start

Vs.

-Speedy-

Bestbuy.com or Futureshop.com. I always have liked those two stores a lot.

#1 *Sector Nub*
-Speedy-, Speedy II, Speedy III

Roky

-Speedy-

Quote from: Roky on February 19, 2014, 01:58:29 AM
Custom build one.
Good if you know someone who can build it for you. If not they can end up costing a lot of money.

#1 *Sector Nub*
-Speedy-, Speedy II, Speedy III

Purple

sorry blessed about the retarded responses, it's incredibly annoying when you wanna learn about something and people are being stupid. Sadly, I don't have many resources for you. You kind of need to be more specific about wanting to get into computers, do you want to build them, or what?

^**** im special xd

Purple

Quote from: nanak tatum on February 19, 2014, 02:31:07 AM
Quote from: Purple on February 19, 2014, 02:29:26 AM
sorry blessed about the retarded responses, it's incredibly annoying when you wanna learn about something and people are being stupid. Sadly, I don't have many resources for you. You kind of need to be more specific about wanting to get into computers, do you want to build them, or what?

Being stupid? There is this magical tool that is easily accessible called GOOGLE where you can look up almost anything you want in seconds. He decided to not utilize that tool that is right in front of him.

The topic of "computers" is so ****ing complex and broad that Google doesn't help all that much unless you get more specific. As someone that has tried to do research on the topic of computers over multiple years, the most help i've gotten is from Allie/Kenny. They've helped more than Google ever would've.

^**** im special xd

Roky

My cousin custom built one himself from a website,if you want I can get the name of it and pm it to you.
What is your budget?

medchiller

Depends what part of computers you're trying to get into. If you are tying to do the coding aspect I think there is a few sites that can help you. Code academy is one I think. If you're tying to learn about computers I would say go on some online forums, if you see a word you don't know look up a youtube video on it. Look at some manuals (Boring I know) to find out how it's put together and stuff. My dad was a computer technician so I got a lot of info from him. Hope this helps. :)

JustRK

well I'm a little late to this party :3

Building computers:

ChooseMyPC.net   as you may or may not know only certain groups of computer parts will be compatible with one another and this will give you a starting point with a preset configuration.  From a starting prefabricated build point you can search the tools you need and get a grasp of why parts are compatible and how they fit together.

Programming:

There is usually a small debate as to whether someone should start to learn C & C++ before they learn Java. Though if you're not the type to handle a giant explosion of information all at once I'd honestly just start with Java by itself and move up from there (which is how it works at the college I'm attending)

Networking:

I mean anyone can pretty much set up their own router / home network, but to get into managing / fixing networks you'll have to look this one up as that's as far as my knowledge goes.

hope I helped you nitpick some topics  :P  if you have any questions I at least have some decent knowledge on the first two as I've built a few project computers and studied some java myself.

Rossbach

Well the fastest way to get into a computer, would be to try and stick yourself in ur own computer. If you have a desktop, just open up the side panel. If it is the laptop, it will most likely be on the bottom of it. ::)

Anyways, you need more that that. There is more to computers than just "computer." Need more info.

Omnomnom eating toast.

Blessed

February 19, 2014, 10:41:44 PM #11 Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 10:54:33 PM by Blessed
Lol my bad I shoulda been more specific... forgot how this community is... I was thinking along the lines of building, and stuff like tweaking/optimization n stuff like dat oh and programming

Vs.

zomniethe4

Quote from: Purple on February 19, 2014, 02:33:28 AM
Quote from: nanak tatum on February 19, 2014, 02:31:07 AM
Quote from: Purple on February 19, 2014, 02:29:26 AM

Being stupid? There is this magical tool that is easily accessible called GOOGLE where you can look up almost anything you want in seconds. He decided to not utilize that tool that is right in front of him.

The topic of "computers" is so ****ing complex and broad that Google doesn't help all that much unless you get more specific. As someone that has tried to do research on the topic of computers over multiple years
basically it

i would say ask kenny or allie for starting help tbh if they have time

Zom

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-