Quote from: Selene on August 19, 2013, 08:44:40 PM
Quote from: Santa on August 19, 2013, 08:32:51 PM
Quote from: Selene on August 19, 2013, 07:55:26 PM
I wouldn't help.

You are evil.
How? I'm not going to give my money to them when:

- People pretend to be poor to get extra money
- Dropped out of school
- Acted like a complete idiot and got their selves in that situation.

I would only help them if I knew what their problem was and it must be a legit reason.  

Call me evil all you want, but I rather give my money to someone I know and know the reason.
That's only in the United States/Great Britain/Canada/any place that's doing good economically.

You go anywhere in the Middle East/Eastern Europe/Oceanic countries like Indonesia or even China and you will see people born into this world without a home or any food. I know because a few generations my great-great-great grandparents were in the same position. Being born in a village that has no currency and all that shit. Now I'm grateful that my grandparents decided to adapt,work and create opportunities that gave me the life I have now.

ZeaL - Rank 1 Hax, just because
I do it for the lulz.

eco999

**** that,go get a job. use the money ppl donate to u to get food n good lukin clothes. apply for job n stuff

Yz

not evil to be afraid that your moneys gonna get used on crack or someshit

pretty sure she only meant the well off countries btw corr
DISCORD killyzkill

Yz

lol'd at the high-rated comments on that vid payin your mates out anti, they really bad at replying to that stuff
DISCORD killyzkill

zomniethe4

I really hate it when people ****ing make videos of them helping the homeless. That's pathetic attention whoring; Trying to make yourself look like such a good person.

If you really wanted to help a homeless person, you would just do it. I also hate when people complain like "oh i gave him a dollar and he got a beer". If you give homeless people money and see them come out the store with a beer or something, do not complain. Some people have cravings of things that just love, or they could be drinking it to help with depression.

It's called doing right when no ones looking. An examples: When I played football we'd do push ups and when the coach turned around most people would just stop. It just pisses me off immensely.

Zom

Yz

Quote from: zomniethe4 on August 20, 2013, 02:28:45 AM
I really hate it when people ****ing make videos of them helping the homeless. That's pathetic attention whoring; Trying to make yourself look like such a good person.

If you really wanted to help a homeless person, you would just do it. I also hate when people complain like "oh i gave him a dollar and he got a beer". If you give homeless people money and see them come out the store with a beer or something, do not complain. Some people have cravings of things that just love, or they could be drinking it to help with depression.

It's called doing right when no ones looking. An examples: When I played football we'd do push ups and when the coach turned around most people would just stop. It just pisses me off immensely.

isn't it a good thing that people will be expired to copy these guys tho
DISCORD killyzkill

zomniethe4

No. That'll just increase the amount of attention whores.

Zom

Yz

Quote from: zomniethe4 on August 20, 2013, 02:34:50 AM
No. That'll just increase the amount of attention whores.

and the amount of help the homeless get from said attention whores?
DISCORD killyzkill

zomniethe4

Yes, but from my point of view its just the fact that doing something from your heart and doing something for your fame just kills me.

Zom

Yz

i still think there's a possibility that people in general film acts of kindness to spread the word. not all ofc but some. maybe fame would be good, cuz famous people have more influence over people to do stuff
DISCORD killyzkill

zomniethe4

You're right it's not really a bad thing. It's just not something I'd prefer.

Zom

iwasbobo

@ Selene - Most organizations that help the homeless are geared to prevent situations like that. I can only remember names of the groups from my recent trip to Los Angeles, but the same things occur in the other cities, as well. L.A. Mission, for example, gives homeless people a bed. It gives them a job, doing janitorial work, secretarial work, cafeteria work, etc, to allow them to gain experience so that they are able to find a career in the future. However, they must stay clean while in this process. For 5 (not sure about the number, exactly...) months, they work away from gang situations. If they choose to go back to the street life, they are kicked out. Homeboy Industries has a similar ideology, if I remember correctly.

Also, sure, some people screwed up earlier on in their life. They made some bad choices. We have, too, though. Everyone has made mistakes. Who are we to disallow them from changing their lives? I understand that you don't want to just hand out money; that's okay. However, stating that you are unwilling to assist them at all because it's their fault that they are in the situation frustrates me. Have you ever talked to a homeless man/woman? Have they told you their story? If this has happened to you, I can almost guarantee you that they didn't end up on the streets by choice. High school drop-outs? I've come by them before. Perhaps their mom become seriously ill, and they had to obtain extra money to put food on the table. Got themselves in that situation? You have no idea what their background is. You have no idea why they made the choices they made. Home situations can screw up a person's life. Sure, we're in a wealthy society, but that doesn't mean the wealth is spread evenly. So many children end up on the streets because of where they grew up. You hear of alcoholics that end up on the streets, and you may think it's their own fault. However, when things like this come up, ask yourself this: What pushed them to become an alcoholic? What pushed them to drop out of school? What pushed them to run away from home?

Again, the whole handing out money thing, don't do that. In fact, on every trip I've been on to help the homeless, every organization says not to simply hand out money. That's not what is going to help a person get off of the streets. One-time encounters rarely impact a person enough for them to turn their life around. Like I stated earlier, there are other ways to help. Other, better ways than walking up to someone with a shopping kart and giving them $20.

TL;DR
Don't be so quick to judge.

Quote from: Pokeh'this is called the blockimus-glieicha, also known as the block glitch'

Yz

well said, particularly agreed with "there are other ways to help. Other, better ways than walking up to someone with a shopping kart and giving them $20."
DISCORD killyzkill

Cooky

Quote from: Yz on August 20, 2013, 04:31:35 AM
well said, particularly agreed with "there are other ways to help. Other, better ways than walking up to someone with a shopping kart and giving them $20."

Allie

Quote from: Selene on August 19, 2013, 08:44:40 PMHow? I'm not going to give my money to them when:

- People pretend to be poor to get extra money
- Dropped out of school
- Acted like a complete idiot and got them selves in that situation.

I would only help them if I knew what their problem was, and it must be a legit reason. 

Call me evil all you want, but I would rather give my money to someone I know and know the reason.

Absolutely my thoughts on the subject.
I don't know your past and I don't want to know your past, but in such a country as America, land of government-will-give-enough-welfare-to-live, it's not my problem to help. If I knew them and knew what they'd use my money for, than maybe. Otherwise, not my problem.

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-