May 19, 2024, 10:33:38 PMLatest Member: JosephDrymn
BoutCheetah » Forum » BoutCheetah Community » General Discussion » Something we in Zylon Gaming are considering

Something we in Zylon Gaming are considering

Started by Allie, April 08, 2012, 04:09:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Santa

The team will be different, however, mods/gms on boutcheetah may have the opportunity to become staff.

KillerPig

har har hf trying to monitor 2 servers at the same time!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

IGN: KillerPig (H) | NinjaPig (H) | ShadowPig (H) | KillerPig (L)
LVL: 225 | 225 | 225 | 44
GUILD: ZeaL | CourageCrew | Lil Optis | -

mhj

Quote from: KillerPig on April 16, 2012, 06:22:44 PM
har har hf trying to monitor 2 servers at the same time!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Would be easy. Open two clients in window screen and watch both on same time :P

|More than ten people a year are killed by vending machines.|

Allie

Quote from: Santa on April 16, 2012, 06:12:57 PM
The team will be different, however, mods/gms on boutcheetah may have the opportunity to become staff.

Unfortunately, this is incorrect. I haven't informed Santa the full details of this, so I will announce it publicly.
I plan to have a completely separate staff on BC and BOTS. The reason is, obviously, that both need to be moderated.
What this means, as I've even told Zero, my secondhand man, he doesn't have my permission to actively play BOTS or it will hurt his position here, as it is taking away his ability to moderate here.
This doesn't mean I don't want any of my staff playing BOTS. What it means is, if you end up "moving", I will demote you here. You may not be entirely active on both (unless you are a forum moderator) and maintain your position. This goes for GMs and in-game Mods.
This goes, without saying, that you may be staff on one or the other. Forum moderators, however, have a chance of going both ways. That said, all staff, (there will only be forum moderators and GMs over at BOTS) will have strict guidelines. One step out of line may be an immediate demotion. No questions asked. I want BOTS to be as professional as possible, so I will not allow any "trolls" or anyone who can easily lose their temper anywhere near a position.

And futhermore..I finished drop table up to around level 50 earlier. I will probably take a nap and finish the rest when I wake.

Meteor

Not sure if I should give up position here and try to become bots gm. @_@

(click to show/hide)

KillerPig

Quote from: Allie on April 16, 2012, 06:35:19 PM
so I will not allow any "trolls" or anyone who can easily lose their temper anywhere near a position.

iri and pig are out  ;D

will the bc and bots forum be like two separate things? thats the only part i dont get

IGN: KillerPig (H) | NinjaPig (H) | ShadowPig (H) | KillerPig (L)
LVL: 225 | 225 | 225 | 44
GUILD: ZeaL | CourageCrew | Lil Optis | -

Dewo

Quote from: Meteor on April 16, 2012, 06:40:45 PM
That could become a problem, if every single mod leaves to become gm on bots.

X

antisickness

Are the people still gonna be selected by staff?

I wouldn't want to be forum mod over at BOTS!! -Too much pressure lol

NeoKiller

Quote from: Dewo on April 16, 2012, 06:42:38 PM
Quote from: Meteor on April 16, 2012, 06:40:45 PM
That could become a problem, if every single mod leaves to become gm on bots.
I'm not planning to go for BOTS!! GM  :-*

Allie

April 16, 2012, 06:45:33 PM #249 Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 06:54:08 PM by Allie
Quote from: KillerPig on April 16, 2012, 06:41:55 PM
so I will not allow any "trolls" or anyone who can easily lose their temper anywhere near a position.

iri and pig are out  ;D

will the bc and bots forum be like two separate things? thats the only part i dont get

Yes and no. BOTS forum is phpbb and BC is smf. As a result the database will be separate but we'll just make an import script behind the scenes like we do for expo and all. Also, I have absolutely zero clue how to operate phpbb. But I've managed to recreate what BOTS had (ranks, permissions and boards) smoothly.

@anti yeah lots of pressure. I want a professional staff. Not the dimwitted unprofessional crap we got here that flame everyone who says "ur gay" (no offense guys). Even Zero would be unfit as a GM over there as he sometimes steps out of line when it comes to specific players.

NeoKiller

Quote from: Allie on April 16, 2012, 06:45:33 PM
Quote from: KillerPig on April 16, 2012, 06:41:55 PM

iri and pig are out  ;D

Yes and no. BOTS forum is phpbb and BC is smf. As a result the database will be separate but we'll just make an import script behind the scenes like we do for expo and all. Also, I have absolutely zero clue how to operate phpbb. But I've managed to recreate what BOTS had (ranks, permissions and boards) smoothly.

@anti yeah lots of pressure. I want a professional stuff. Not the dimwitted unprofessional crap we got here that flame everyone who says "ur gay" (no offense guys). Even Zero would be unfit as a GM over there as he sometimes steps out of line when it comes to specific players.
That was really funny  :D :D :D

Ontopic: There is noone who could be a professional staff member right now.

mhj

I am not qualified for BOTS GM so I'll go for keeping my job lol.

|More than ten people a year are killed by vending machines.|

Allie

Quote from: NeoKiller on April 16, 2012, 06:50:15 PM
Ontopic: There is noone who could be a professional staff member right now.

Actually, there is very little but some who might be. Might. I've already talked to them personally individually. So they know who they are.

Toast

So it's basically one position for one game and one game only?

NeoKiller

Quote from: Toast on April 16, 2012, 07:19:29 PM
So it's basically one position for one game and one game only?
Make a secret alt and change IPs everytime you log in.  ;D

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-