May 12, 2024, 08:08:25 PMLatest Member: GabrielOneds

Cannot open....

Started by Aishata, October 19, 2010, 10:08:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aishata

I have this problem whereby I can only open certain maps. Other maps, such as the lvl6 map and the lvl 11 map (all the maps except for the first map) cause an error message saying, "Unable to open (insert here)" which is followed by BOTS closing. Anyone else have the same problem? And how can I fix this?

Surgeypurgey

You might be missing some minimap files, try re-installing.

Dusk

Did you attempt to mod files?...that is why; reports are so frequent.

Iridion

the files in your folder are corrupted and the game cant use them thus crashes.
what you need to do is:
reinstall, it will give you a fresh copy with all the files but that may take some time
or download the "map" folder, i will upload it asap for you
:3

Quote from: Madproxyes because Iri & Kp can change the rules!
thats how we roll maddie

Dusk

Lol...I already told him to reinstall.

I am not going to upload the files yet because I am currently working on a FAQ..O.O.

Iridion

Quote from: Madproxyes because Iri & Kp can change the rules!
thats how we roll maddie

Styx

I think its sergent sector. That always gets corrupted. =|

Aishata

I did not try to modify the files in anyway, and I reinstalled it, but it didn't work.

I did however, tried to play in a private server that I created...
but I gave up. Hm...let me try the maps you linked.

Aishata

Tried putting the files that I uploaded into a data file. Didn't work.

Sigh...
Can anyone try giving me a registry file to update my base with? That might help. Seems more like a problem with the registry than the files themselves.

Dusk

You can easily change your registry files. There is no need for us to actually provide you with them.

You seem like you have common sense, so..PM ME with a MSN or something; so I can assist you.

Santa

Please use the download link above, and download+install a fresh client, and remember to completely remove the old one first.

If that doesn't work, please install Team Viewer 5, and I will go on your pc and fix it. Add my msn or pm me with id/pass when/if you need to [email protected]

Sorry for the bad grammar. In a hurry =3

Aishata

It seems that installing the new maps did allow me to access some new maps, but there were still some maps that kicked me out of the game. Hm....

Also, I can't just mess around with the registry. Binary strings are really easy to **** up. And I'm using Windows Vista, an information I'm giving away because any other operation system's registry might **** me up.

I don't wish to give out my ign on MSN, and it wouldn't help anyway. Most of the time, I disable it to free up RAM and to stop annoying people from talking to me when I'm playing a game. I hope I could receive assistance here in this forum.  :)

I think now the problem lies with map files and their . extensions. After all, back then when I played BOTS, there were some compatibility issues....

Santa

Okay, is your problem resolved now??

Aishata

Somewhat. But I can't access the lvl 11 map.

Hm...I tried to change my registry but it seemed to just F it all up more. Good thing I had a back up.

If you guys manage to place a link to the lvl11 map, I'd be happy.  :)

It seems that the problem is missing files or poorly-made map extensions. I don't know, am I the only one having such problems? Anyone want to download the client themselves and see? I used the mirror 2 client.

Aishata

Okay, I've decided to place maps that I cannot open here.

So:

Lvl 11.
Lvl 19.
Lvl 44.

More coming soon... as I do get more shit.

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-