May 07, 2024, 08:54:08 PMLatest Member: barxasStoge
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other » Spam » Pokemon ABC

Pokemon ABC

Started by Surgeypurgey, September 24, 2012, 09:23:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xbaras

October 03, 2012, 04:04:51 AM #105 Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 04:06:22 AM by xbaras
Quote from: Adamp on October 02, 2012, 01:36:05 PM
Quote from: xbaras on October 02, 2012, 04:31:45 AM
I don't play nor collect Pokemon, but still...
H for Hyper Psychic Blaster xD
Next person can use H this comment doesn't mean anything.
Worth $7.00 btw.
go away guy who went to yu-gi-oh just because the numbers are bigger
Oh no, I was obsessed with Pokemon when I was little (not implying anything). I personally have never tried playing pokemon, and as I heard from yahoo answers it's more of a collecting type of TCG, whereas yugioh is more of a playing type of TCG. I'm not saying it's better, but if you haven't tried it believe me, it is a game that heavily focuses on strategy, more so than you probably think.

A lot of people hear Yugioh and think of it as a childs game, and few know the actual truth. Yugioh was actually a Japanese cartoon aimed at teenagers, before it was sold to '4Kids' which totally dumbed down the game and as the name implies, made it sound like it was for children. When it was sold, 4Kids took out the murder scenes, guns and smokes from the original Japanese version and replaced it with completely 'pussified' stuff instead, like friendship speeches and 'Heart of the Cards', while changing card names to make them sound more 'harmless' (like Trial of Hell became Trial of Nightmares), while making the images less sexual to be suitable for children.

Little kids who play this are too obsessed with their Dark Magicians and Blue-Eyes White Dragons (which don't even have effects) to even consider actually getting some good cards and build a complex strategy. I've been to a venue I know about three times to far, and I've seen (I kid you not) three adults who were into Yugioh.

More info: http://www.helium.com/items/269692-yu-gi-oh-its-not-just-a-childrens-card-game-anymore

spiderstar

J is for Jirachi.

Dreamer Pokemon

Too lazy to get a picture.

ReSigNeRs

Adamp

Quote from: xbaras on October 03, 2012, 04:04:51 AM
Worth $7.00 btw.
Oh no, I was obsessed with Pokemon when I was little (not implying anything). I personally have never tried playing pokemon, and as I heard from yahoo answers it's more of a collecting type of TCG, whereas yugioh is more of a playing type of TCG. I'm not saying it's better, but if you haven't tried it believe me, it is a game that heavily focuses on strategy, more so than you probably think.

A lot of people hear Yugioh and think of it as a childs game, and few know the actual truth. Yugioh was actually a Japanese cartoon aimed at teenagers, before it was sold to '4Kids' which totally dumbed down the game and as the name implies, made it sound like it was for children. When it was sold, 4Kids took out the murder scenes, guns and smokes from the original Japanese version and replaced it with completely 'pussified' stuff instead, like friendship speeches and 'Heart of the Cards', while changing card names to make them sound more 'harmless' (like Trial of Hell became Trial of Nightmares), while making the images less sexual to be suitable for children.

Little kids who play this are too obsessed with their Dark Magicians and Blue-Eyes White Dragons (which don't even have effects) to even consider actually getting some good cards and build a complex strategy. I've been to a venue I know about three times to far, and I've seen (I kid you not) three adults who were into Yugioh.

More info: http://www.helium.com/items/269692-yu-gi-oh-its-not-just-a-childrens-card-game-anymore
although i do get everything else you say there you didn't deny the fact that the numbers are bigger to attract children

Iridion

Quote from: KillerPig on October 02, 2012, 10:35:22 PM
g is for growlithe biting iridions ass
e is for eating bacon tonite

Quote from: Madproxyes because Iri & Kp can change the rules!
thats how we roll maddie

mo9

is it just me or is iri on a comedy spree ?
ZeaL Rank 1 BvB, just because

vv secks box

Toast

Vobck

jinhongzhu

Creator Of Mid-Air Block <--Corr told me to put this k.

Toast

o is for..
uhm.. oddish.

xbaras

Quote from: Adamp on October 03, 2012, 01:50:56 PM
Quote from: xbaras on October 03, 2012, 04:04:51 AM
Worth $7.00 btw.

although i do get everything else you say there you didn't deny the fact that the numbers are bigger to attract children
I never thought of it that way. Now that you mention it yes, they do have larger numbers. The numbers could all be divided by ten and the game would still be perfect. However, I became interested in the game before I even knew how to play it, not because I saw huge numbers.

ReSigNeRs

ReSigNeRs

Cooky

R is for rhyperior

the 'pretty much gets killed in 1 hit by nearly everything despite being freakishly huge' pokemon, joining steelix, onix, and many others.

ReSigNeRs

why rhyperior not Raichu xD

S for Squirtle that cute turtle poke!

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-