May 20, 2024, 06:22:52 AMLatest Member: DonaldFleta
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other BoutCheetah Stuff » Suggestions » New skills!

New skills!

Started by xbaras, September 12, 2012, 07:41:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xbaras

September 12, 2012, 07:41:42 AM Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 05:21:06 AM by xbaras
Please note that this list will probably constantly be updated, so check it every now and then.

Below is a list of some abilities / skills I though of in my spare time. P for Passive and A for Active.

Durability (P):
Increases the player's Max Health by their total health / 11. That is, if you have 12,000 health and equip this ability, you'll still have 12,000 health when you play a game but will be able to increase it to a maximum of 13091 if you pick up or use a hp pack or rb pack.

Triple Shot (A):
While this skill is equipped, the player can press X + C and pay health equal to their max health / 31x to fire three bullets (they lose three bullets instead of one) at once in the same direction, thus dealing triple their normal gun damage.

Power Over Parts (P):
While this skill is equipped, the player deals extra transed and untransed damage equal to the normal + 3% at the cost of losing health equal to 0.6% of their max health every second.

Power Over Parts II (P):
While this skill is equipped, the player deals extra transed and untransed damage equal to the normal + 3% and increases their Critical Hit and Gun damage by 3% at the cost of losing health equal to 0.6% of their max health every second.

Meteor Storm (A):
[see thread "New guns - Flamer and Judgment Day". This ability will use Judgment Day's Area of Effect effect to damage multiple enemies when X + V is pressed]

Spiked Armour (P):
When an enemy attacks you, they lose HP equal to 5 - 7% of the damage they dealt to you (the II version of this could inflict more damage).

Mechanism Reconstruction (P):
If you are stunned, you are only stunned for half the time you would normally be.

Distractor (merc skill):
Gives your mercenary a chance to make all viruses within a certain distance attack the equipped merc. This is a useful 'Taunt' skill and may save the player.

Stats may change to better suit the game.

xbaras

Nice, I hope she sees these skills too!

Allie

Durability:
I like the idea, but we already have fuel for this. It would make fuel pretty worthless to just make a skill to do this for you.

Triple shot:
I would like to stay away from actives right now. This specific skill type (the way your skill works, not active in general) would be incredibly hard to work with, for multiple reasons. If you like triple shots, get an Arsenal.

Power Over Parts:
I don't really like the idea. There would be no way to balance how quickly you lose HP in sector compared to PvP. As Sector games last much longer (up to 20 minutes), it would make sector virtually impossible without HP ups (which, in the case of HP/RBs would make this an op skill since it has no downfall), and if we removed HP ups to balance, it would be virtually never-ending in PvP games.

Power Over Parts II:
What I said up there.

Meteor Storm:
Love it. Too bad we have yet the technology to make such skills.

Thanks for the suggestions though.

Meteor

Quote from: xbaras on September 12, 2012, 07:41:42 AM
Meteor Storm (A):
[see thread "New guns - Flamer and Judgment Day". This ability will use Judgment Day's Area of Effect effect to damage multiple enemies when X + V is pressed]
Dat skill.

(click to show/hide)

szabolcs

Shock: if you're inflicted by shock, you're not able to attack for x secs. This would be a status ailment.
Blind: the chance of missing an attack is increased by x percent. This would be a status ailment.
Anti-Gunslinger: you can't use your gun for x secs. This would be a status ailment.
EMP: you're not able to trans. This would be a status ailment.
idk the name of this: 1% of your attacks will kill your foe with a single hit. (only in sector) Passive
Dopping Pill: instantly fills your trans bar at the start of the round. (only in sector) Passive

xbaras

September 13, 2012, 04:29:23 AM #6 Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 04:48:13 AM by xbaras
The list has been updated.

Quote from: Allie on September 12, 2012, 05:43:34 PM

Meteor Storm:
Love it. Too bad we have yet the technology to make such skills.
I would try if I had access to the source code of boutcheetah.

hawk5005

September 13, 2012, 07:48:10 AM #7 Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 07:56:37 AM by hawk5005
.-.
We can't do it because we don't have the BOUT source.

Purple

Quote from: hawk5005 on September 13, 2012, 07:48:10 AM
.-.
We can't do it because we don't have the BOUT source so there is no boutcheetah source.

oh u funny

If there's no boutcheetah source then what's the name of this game?

^**** im special xd

hawk5005

Quote from: Purple on September 13, 2012, 07:52:07 AM
.-.
We can't do it because we don't have the BOUT source so there is no boutcheetah source.

oh u funny

If there's no boutcheetah source then what's the name of this game?
oh u funny

Yeah go ahead and ignore half of the sentence.
Explain to me how using the boutcheetah source can someone make a skill such as meteor source.
That's what I meant.

xbaras

.-.
We can't do it because we don't have the BOUT source.
I'm sure that they know how to at least edit bout.dat. Not so sure about the actual .exe file though.

hawk5005

Then again I'm probably wrong so disregard my posts.

Purple

Quote from: hawk5005 on September 13, 2012, 08:06:40 AM
Then again I'm probably wrong so disregard my posts.

No, you're right. They need the BOTS source code to be able to actually edit the full game.

^**** im special xd

xbaras

September 13, 2012, 08:12:03 AM #13 Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 08:13:04 AM by xbaras
Here's how it should work:

They take the code from Xabaras's meteor attack and make a template for a new gun (which they did with Dark Meto), and then just replace what happens when you press X + C Xabaras's meteor attack. I'm probably wrong too, but it's just an idea of how it could work.

Yz

Quote from: xbaras on September 13, 2012, 08:12:03 AM

They take the code from Xabaras's meteor attack and make a template for a new gun (which they did with Dark Meto), and then just replace the normal gun attack with Xabaras's. I'm probably wrong too, but it's just an idea of how it could work.

Yeah it'd be that easy in Spore Galacti Adventures o-o
DISCORD killyzkill

Purple

Quote from: xbaras on September 13, 2012, 08:12:03 AM

They take the code from Xabaras's meteor attack and make a template for a new gun (which they did with Dark Meto), and then just replace what happens when you press X + C Xabaras's meteor attack. I'm probably wrong too, but it's just an idea of how it could work.

Well, I assume you're right. The hard part is, doing it in coding with the restrictions that they currently have. Whatever the restriction(s) is/are it must be pretty big, otherwise they would've have done stuff that Tbots has by now.

^**** im special xd

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-