May 12, 2024, 08:17:22 AMLatest Member: irre3841
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other BoutCheetah Stuff » Suggestions » Forum Auction

Forum Auction

Started by mic99, April 29, 2013, 10:12:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mic99

So MedChill and I were thinking of a way to reduce the giga or coin inflation. We were thinking of a Forum Auction.

If the person wanted the item, they would bid. The Auction would be either 3 days, or a week. (1 day would leave people in different timezones not able bid higher if they wanted that item due to someone that could up their bid)

The item or prize is difficult though. We don't want any more OP items in the game, but that's what people would mostly bid on. Which is why the item could be timed, or gamed. For example, a 30 day Jack head, or a 1 year Jack head. Snowballs, or possible memberships. Their could be a few perm items to keep interest in the auction.

Our Problems: Prizes, and how much the price of that item will be reduced;                                           

If you can think of an idea, post it.  :)

mic99

By timezone I meant like if someone is sleeping, sombody in a diffferent timezone can outbid that person and that person sleeping wouldnt have a chance to out bid the highest bidder.   ;D

spiderstar

123bomb123

@nanuk- ..But if gigas is being removed isn't that a positive? It's better if rich players (ones who can have the most gigas removed after winning) bid high and winning with like 100m taken away over an average player bidding low and winning, only removing 10.
IGN: MisterZ

ZeaL - Rank 1 in antagonizing, just
because.

Rub me out like genies, won't concede til I'm graffiti
Quote from: Yz on January 14, 2012, 06:48:35 PM
mrz is like top 40 and would probly be like
"fuk yeh n00bs im god bow to god''

Cooky

did something similar when I was GM on the other server..

every week I did a 'staff auction' with a coin item and everyone bid on it with gigas only

I think it could work here on Bout Cheetah

medchiller

I can understand why you may think that people would be out bided by other players but how I think about it is that the bid would start at the average price then work up and if it went above the top price any rich person would be stupid to bid more than that. So if someone wanted it that desperately then they could bid to the top price. There are many ways that the auction process could happen so that's why Code and I wanted feed back about what would be better. Example 30 day Jack, you each bid in intervals of 5m (could be more or less) or you could out in your own amount. The big disadvantage of the second one is people would put in 1 giga more so there would have to be a minimum bid to correct this.
@Cooky The point that we were aming for was to decrease the amount of gigas in the game so the gigas would have to be taken out of the game. So unless this account was for the admins to remove the gigas from it wouldn't work. Like the idea though ;D

Cooky

Quote from: medchiller on April 30, 2013, 12:25:06 AM
@Cooky The point that we were aming for was to decrease the amount of gigas in the game so the gigas would have to be taken out of the game. So unless this account was for the admins to remove the gigas from it wouldn't work. Like the idea though ;D
Yes I understand the point..  the gigas went to the GM (who didnt use gigas), so they were essentially removed from the game

Rossbach

April 30, 2013, 02:10:12 AM #7 Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 02:12:24 AM by Rossbach
Quote from: Cooky on April 30, 2013, 01:23:10 AM
Quote from: medchiller on April 30, 2013, 12:25:06 AM
Yes I understand the point..  the gigas went to the GM (who didnt use gigas), so they were essentially removed from the game

BC already did this before...  ::)

Anyways the bidding can be between players, with a tax fee.

Omnomnom eating toast.

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-