May 03, 2024, 09:13:55 AMLatest Member: 1bdirejiz
BoutCheetah » Forum » BoutCheetah Community » General Discussion » Please read this topic and vote

Please read this topic and vote

Started by Santa, November 13, 2011, 12:40:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you like to have a new account security feature added to the game?

Yes
35 (46.1%)
No
39 (51.3%)
Undecided
2 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Santa

November 13, 2011, 12:40:53 AM Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 12:50:26 AM by Santa
Hello, the "new account security" would be implemented during account registration, and would require you chose a secondary password to prevent someone from stealing your account, and your items.

Basically, the way this would work, user logs into the game, and the user must enter the command @verify "Secondary Password".  Until the user enters this password, he or she will not be able to trade/gift/exit guild/delete bot/sell items to shop/purchase items from shop.

The marketplace on the site would also require someone to use their secondary password during their session time.  The only way the user can possibly enter the marketplace is if they enter the secondary password.

The secondary password cannot match the current password, and will give an error message while attempting to set the same.  All current users will be forced to set up a secondary password either by logging into the game, and typing @setverify "New Password", or by using the website in their profile area.  You would also have to use your account password and secondary password to change the secondary, but if there is none to begin with, you will be allowed to change it without using an old one.

Sorry if this topic doesn't make much sense at the moment, but I just gave a very brief description of what would happen if we do decided to implement this.

~RedEyes.

zepher2211

Yes because people can't seem to keep their accounts safe themselves ;\
Powersurge
Headstrong

RAUDOG

KillerPig

IGN: KillerPig (H) | NinjaPig (H) | ShadowPig (H) | KillerPig (L)
LVL: 225 | 225 | 225 | 44
GUILD: ZeaL | CourageCrew | Lil Optis | -

Zack66775

Goals:
100 posts [X] 500 posts [X] 1000 posts [X] 1500 posts [ ] 2000 posts [] Member [] << D:
Forum Mod [ ]

Pokeh

I like the idea but it doesn't affect the majority of us..

Sooo if there is a major flaw in your account system that's unpatchable, then yeah this should go down.

XenoPath

This should have been implemented ages ago. But it's still not too late, I guess...

~Xeno~

~Credits to Shadow and Jeffalo~ :D

Science without religion is lame, religion

Santa

November 13, 2011, 02:59:26 AM #7 Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 03:21:28 AM by Santa
Quote from: Pokeh on November 13, 2011, 02:51:17 AM
I like the idea but it doesn't affect the majority of us..

Sooo if there is a major flaw in your account system that's unpatchable, then yeah this should go down.

Well, it's nothing that points the blame to us.  Our servers are very secure.  People like to not read the announcements, or choose to ignore them.

DarkShadow89

<br />BoutCheetah: DankBudz420 | 150 | Vanquish<br />
Quote from: yeritsyaboy1 on July 24, 2012, 08:30:40 PM<br />Food For Thought .<br />

Rossbach

November 13, 2011, 03:19:39 AM #9 Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 03:22:16 AM by Rossbach
Waste of Ross' time to retype that every login. Ross gonna lol when some nub miss types and ends up saying their pass in the chat. Just to find out it is similar to their account's pass.

Omnomnom eating toast.

Santa

Quote from: Rossbach on November 13, 2011, 03:19:39 AM
Waste of Ross' time to retype that every login. Ross gonna lol when some nub miss types and ends up saying their pass in the chat. Just to find out it is similar to their account's pass.

Quote from: Santa on November 13, 2011, 12:40:53 AM
Hello, the "new account security" would be implemented during account registration, and would require you chose a secondary password to prevent someone from stealing your account, and your items.

What about already created accounts?

already created accounts would be required to set the password with the command @setverify once logging in, or by simply changing it on the forum.  I can also make a feature to completely "Opt out" of the verification process, but that would defeat the whole purpose of making this if everyone chose to do that.

Rossbach

November 13, 2011, 03:24:59 AM #11 Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 03:25:29 AM by Rossbach
Quote from: Santa on November 13, 2011, 03:23:29 AM
Quote from: Rossbach on November 13, 2011, 03:19:39 AM

Quote from: Santa on November 13, 2011, 12:40:53 AM

What about already created accounts?

already created accounts would be required to set the password with the command @setverify once logging in, or by simply changing it on the forum.  I can also make a feature to completely "Opt out" of the verification process, but that would defeat the whole purpose of making this if everyone chose to do that.

Ross re read it and noticed that before post. Hurays for opt out. Also unblock Ross from msn or w/e, Ross needs to talk to you.

Omnomnom eating toast.

Click

This is a really good idea to the people who are really naive and just give away their account information. +1, voted yes.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

koolwolf2

Newest one:

NeoKiller

I hate this idea. If people are so stupid and give out their passwords, it's their fault.
If they got hacked without giving their password to anyone, they still did something wrong, because if they didn't everyone could get hacked which is not the case.
It's annoying to type that command everytime you log into the game before you can trade/gift/etc.
Also new people, people who lack in english and/or other people could have troubles undestanding it and there would be alot of bug reports like "I can't trade help pls".

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-