May 03, 2024, 05:32:41 AMLatest Member: Clydepaf
BoutCheetah » Forum » BoutCheetah Community » General Discussion » Please read this topic and vote

Please read this topic and vote

Started by Santa, November 13, 2011, 12:40:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you like to have a new account security feature added to the game?

Yes
35 (46.1%)
No
39 (51.3%)
Undecided
2 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 51

hawk5005

What would be the point?
They can simply give out their secondary password along with their id and primary password.

NeoKiller

November 13, 2011, 09:06:31 AM #16 Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 09:07:24 AM by NeoKiller
Quote from: hawk5005 on November 13, 2011, 09:02:42 AM
What would be the point?
They can simply give out their secondary password along with their id and primary password.
^Indeed, stop trying to save the ass of stupid people, they only learn it the hard way which is by doing mistakes!

mhj

I will not vote until my question is answered. Will the secondary password only be asked on other IP's or will it occur on all IP's. Cause I like the idea if it is from other IP's that you have to use this password.

|More than ten people a year are killed by vending machines.|

Shadow

I agree with what Neo said.  However, I know that's not the case all the time.  So I say implement this idea as this could really cut back on the account hacking.  And this way if people do still get hacked we can probably be sure they gave out the passwords.
BOUTCHEETAHS FIRST PLAYER TO LOGIN ON THE PRIVATE SERVER, FIRST PLAYER TO BE ADDED AS A GM, FIRST PLAYER TO REACH MAX LEVEL.

zepher2211

Quote from: NeoKiller on November 13, 2011, 09:06:31 AM
What would be the point?
^Indeed, stop trying to save the ass of stupid people, they only learn it the hard way which is by doing mistakes!

First of all, you don't even play that much so your opinion is that of someone standing on the outside, second of all if they somehow manage to give out their second password along with their first then they won't be having their accounts restored; thirdly I'm beginning to think you didn't read the thread because kenny mentioned there'd be an opt out option if it pissed you off. No company should leave their customers in the black, and definitely not discriminate on them because of their mental ability.  I don't think I've ever heard you sound more arrogant.
Powersurge
Headstrong

NeoKiller

Quote from: zepher2211 on November 13, 2011, 02:50:26 PM
Quote from: NeoKiller on November 13, 2011, 09:06:31 AM
What would be the point?

First of all, you don't even play that much so your opinion is that of someone standing on the outside, second of all if they somehow manage to give out their second password along with their first then they won't be having their accounts restored; thirdly I'm beginning to think you didn't read the thread because kenny mentioned there'd be an opt out option if it pissed you off. No company should leave their customers in the black, and definitely not discriminate on them because of their mental ability.  I don't think I've ever heard you sound more arrogant.
To your first point, yea, I'm inactive atm but I plan to start playing again in some month.
To the third one, you're right I've only read the first post, my bad.
And I didn't want to sound arrogant, I just think people should understand, that giving out their passes is dumb and there is even a rule prohibiting account sharing.

Pokeh

Being inactive means nothing if your idea's make sense.

Says me.

antisickness

November 13, 2011, 05:09:00 PM #22 Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 05:11:46 PM by antisickness
I agree to some peoples' comments here.
It's pointless having two passwords because:

1) It's tedious work doing it over and over for those who aren't stupid enough to hand out their passwords.
     2) Who says that this one won't be handed out as well? If someone offered me unlimited bs and I didn't have a brain, I'd give them both regardless.

There's got to be another way to fight account theft and this, in my opinion, isn't the solution.

EDIT: Perhaps you could implement a choice to bring in a 3rd person into the trade. To watch the process and take screenies?  ::)

hawk5005

Perhaps you could find a way to block another IP to log-in your account. This would also put a stop to account sharing.

Santa

Quote from: antisickness on November 13, 2011, 05:09:00 PM
I agree to some peoples' comments here.
It's pointless having two passwords because:

1) It's tedious work doing it over and over for those who aren't stupid enough to hand out their passwords.
     2) Who says that this one won't be handed out as well? If someone offered me unlimited bs and I didn't have a brain, I'd give them both regardless.

There's got to be another way to fight account theft and this, in my opinion, isn't the solution.

EDIT: Perhaps you could implement a choice to bring in a 3rd person into the trade. To watch the process and take screenies?  ::)

Yes, the whole idea for this is to protect accounts from other websites and hacking programs.  If someone wanted to give their secondary password out, then there's absolutely nothing we can do to protect them.  This will save me a lot of time also, because I will not be providing account restorations if this is implemented.

~RedEyes.

Yz

Quote from: hawk5005 on November 13, 2011, 05:31:24 PM
Perhaps you could find a way to block another IP to log-in your account. This would also put a stop to account sharing.

Yeah we'd also be ****ed if our IP changes by itself or if we tried to play at a relatives/friends house.
DISCORD killyzkill

Toast

Agreed. but;

Quote from: Yz on November 13, 2011, 05:33:08 PM
Yeah we'd also be ****ed if our IP changes by itself or if we tried to play at a relatives/friends house.

that.

hawk5005

Then make it so only a "foreign" IP needs to put in the password.

Santa

Quote from: hawk5005 on November 13, 2011, 05:34:58 PM

Then make it so only a "foreign" IP needs to put in the password.

good suggestion.  I will do this.

BonzoDog

Omfg this is amazing. so basically if someone hacked onto my account all they could do is level me up or unequip my gear? who the hell would vote no!? I'm up for this.

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-