May 03, 2024, 03:05:55 AMLatest Member: Clydepaf
BoutCheetah » Forum » BoutCheetah Community » General Discussion » Please read this topic and vote

Please read this topic and vote

Started by Santa, November 13, 2011, 12:40:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you like to have a new account security feature added to the game?

Yes
35 (46.1%)
No
39 (51.3%)
Undecided
2 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pokeh

Quote from: Santa on November 13, 2011, 05:35:30 PM
Quote from: hawk5005 on November 13, 2011, 05:34:58 PM
Quote from: Yz on November 13, 2011, 05:33:08 PM
Quote from: hawk5005 on November 13, 2011, 05:31:24 PM
Perhaps you could find a way to block another IP to log-in your account. This would also put a stop to account sharing.

Yeah we'd also be ****ed if our IP changes by itself or if we tried to play at a relatives/friends house.
Then make it so only a "foreign" IP needs to put in the password.

good suggestion.  I will do this.

I already thought that's what everyone meant.. >___>

So yeah basically restating it for my own pleasure, a one time secondary password for every IP you log into.

Toast

Perhaps you could find a way to block another IP to log-in your account. This would also put a stop to account sharing.

Yeah we'd also be ****ed if our IP changes by itself or if we tried to play at a relatives/friends house.

So basically you'll need the password if the IP is different from you're home IP(s)?

Santa

Quote from: Toast on November 13, 2011, 05:38:04 PM

So basically you'll need the password if the IP is different from you're home IP(s)?

yep.  That should protect the accounts alot more than they currently are.  I could also add a timeout for 1 week.

KillerPig

as long as there's an option to turn if off, im 8) with it.

IGN: KillerPig (H) | NinjaPig (H) | ShadowPig (H) | KillerPig (L)
LVL: 225 | 225 | 225 | 44
GUILD: ZeaL | CourageCrew | Lil Optis | -

zepher2211

Quote from: BonzoDog on November 13, 2011, 05:36:11 PM
Omfg this is amazing. so basically if someone hacked onto my account all they could do is level me up or unequip my gear? who the hell would vote no!? I'm up for this.

Lazy/Arrogant people who go like "Well since I don't do it anyone that does should be left to rot" then when something happens to their account they turn to kenny and go like "qq save my account plox"
Powersurge
Headstrong

Santa

Quote from: zepher2211 on November 13, 2011, 05:49:09 PM
Quote from: BonzoDog on November 13, 2011, 05:36:11 PM
Omfg this is amazing. so basically if someone hacked onto my account all they could do is level me up or unequip my gear? who the hell would vote no!? I'm up for this.

Lazy/Arrogant people who go like "Well since I don't do it anyone that does should be left to rot" then when something happens to their account they turn to kenny and go like "qq save my account plox"

trudat, i've probably restores around 20-30 accounts.  Keep in mind there's probably been over 200 stolen accounts.  Those users whose accounts were stolen that have not been asked for back, probably quit the game, or just forgot about it, and never sent me a pm, and are using new accounts.

asmit10

do what hawk said. that way we dont need to enter it every time, and only if we change ips.
Quote from: cybercjt on May 27, 2012, 02:27:31 PM
Shegoat
i'm 6 according to Dillh
The internet is a great place to grow up. Just make sure you keep growing.

Iridion

only if the option can be disabled if wanted D:

Quote from: Madproxyes because Iri & Kp can change the rules!
thats how we roll maddie

KillerPig

y make it so complicated...

just add the feature. those who dont want to have to keep entering in their pass because they're not stupid can just turn off the feature

IGN: KillerPig (H) | NinjaPig (H) | ShadowPig (H) | KillerPig (L)
LVL: 225 | 225 | 225 | 44
GUILD: ZeaL | CourageCrew | Lil Optis | -

mhj

This is a great idea. Since it won't take people anytime at all then it's a great extra security.
This is how it works if anyone is having doubts;
QuoteKenneth Bullock says:
well
basically
you login to the game
verify your password
then
unless ur ip changes
it will never ask u again
if your ip changes
it will ask you

|More than ten people a year are killed by vending machines.|

Connor

Quote from: Santa on November 13, 2011, 12:40:53 AM
Hello, the "new account security" would be implemented during account registration, and would require you chose a secondary password to prevent someone from stealing your account, and your items.

Basically, the way this would work, user logs into the game, and the user must enter the command @verify "Secondary Password".  Until the user enters this password, he or she will not be able to trade/gift/exit guild/delete bot/sell items to shop/purchase items from shop.

The marketplace on the site would also require someone to use their secondary password during their session time.  The only way the user can possibly enter the marketplace is if they enter the secondary password.

The secondary password cannot match the current password, and will give an error message while attempting to set the same.  All current users will be forced to set up a secondary password either by logging into the game, and typing @setverify "New Password", or by using the website in their profile area.  You would also have to use your account password and secondary password to change the secondary, but if there is none to begin with, you will be allowed to change it without using an old one.

Sorry if this topic doesn't make much sense at the moment, but I just gave a very brief description of what would happen if we do decided to implement this.

~RedEyes.
+1? O wait this isnt suggestions but i support it. Maybe now you guys wont have to spend hours trying to figure out hacking situations for the stupid people who give out their account info for a cookie.

(\__/)
( ~.~)   This is a bunny. He will rule the world!!! (With me ofc)
(")_(")

asmit10

this wont help for idiots who give there account info out... they'll just have to give out 1 more pass lol.
Quote from: cybercjt on May 27, 2012, 02:27:31 PM
Shegoat
i'm 6 according to Dillh
The internet is a great place to grow up. Just make sure you keep growing.

zepher2211

Quote from: asmit10 on November 13, 2011, 10:30:14 PM
this wont help for idiots who give there account info out... they'll just have to give out 1 more pass lol.

1. How will they be tricked into giving out two passwords? o-o

2. The people that **** up after this probably won't have their accounts restored
Powersurge
Headstrong

NeoKiller

November 14, 2011, 05:59:26 AM #43 Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 12:29:07 PM by Santa
I think there should be a pop-up message to verify the 2nd password.
Else the people who don't check forums won't know what to type to enable trades/gifts etc.

Santa

It will remind you every time you enter the lobby to verify, if your account is not already verified.  What i mean by this is, you enter shop, then back to lobby, then it tells you again.  You go into a room, exit to lobby, it will then show it again.

~RedEyes.

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-