May 22, 2024, 10:05:01 AMLatest Member: MohamedTat

source code

Started by noblem6, March 15, 2014, 12:42:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allie

You're entitled to your opinion.
It's just unfortunate you don't understand the severe complexity it is to not only make these changes without the source (completely disregarding that none of us model), but to understand how it works in the first place.
We can do a very basic, extremely simple map at this point. Barely worth releasing, but it's there.
That took more than 2 months of progress. Items take a total of 30ish seconds to input, another few minutes of implementing the models.

It's easy to say we're "wasting time" when you're not the one working on a multi-month project that was abandoned in December.

Thornz

March 16, 2014, 02:05:34 PM #16 Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 03:59:54 PM by Toast
Quote from: Allie on March 16, 2014, 08:49:48 AM
Quote from: Iridion on March 15, 2014, 04:02:53 PM
Quote from: Allie on March 15, 2014, 03:47:14 PM
we do many new stuff but release none : )

We release a ton of awesome stuff we never thought possible even a year ago.
Friends/lobby list gives us complete control on the ui of the game.
We've already created and release new game modes that don't even require tags anymore.
We've even done some innovative stuff in-game to make raid more interesting.

We've proven we can create new models by releasing the headless kowbat and kowbat head. While we do have the technology to create and release new models, none of us have the modelling skill to create anything worthwhile.

In-game maps, we have, in fact, learned to move around nodes and create platforms. However, this is extremely early in WIP, as a project me and Ross abandoned in like December due to the thorn we've had for awhile. It's possible we will bring this project back up now that that thorn is gone.

TLDR this short few sentences,
We don't release unfinished content. Just because the ui update wasn't released a day before we released it doesn't mean we weren't capable of doing it a day before it was released.

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?!?!?

haha, jk.

But doesn't **** (<<<lol that this is censored XD) also have the source? What other ways are there to get the source besides buying it from T-Bots?

13. Do not bypass the censor (even if it's for a beneficial purpose).

IGN: FM Thornz [Lv 270]
Quote from: cyc0828He destroy my guild
Not pants

Allie

nop.
to our knowledge, noone outside of n-log and/or orange game have it.

Iridion

Quote from: Allie on March 16, 2014, 11:01:37 AM
You're entitled to your opinion.
It's just unfortunate you don't understand the severe complexity it is to not only make these changes without the source (completely disregarding that none of us model), but to understand how it works in the first place.
We can do a very basic, extremely simple map at this point. Barely worth releasing, but it's there.
That took more than 2 months of progress. Items take a total of 30ish seconds to input, another few minutes of implementing the models.

It's easy to say we're "wasting time" when you're not the one working on a multi-month project that was abandoned in December.

its not like we dont understand it, its like you never say anything so we assume you dont do shit just to go straight to the point

Quote from: Madproxyes because Iri & Kp can change the rules!
thats how we roll maddie

Xx Itz Ian

In the time since the release of the faction update (which still isn't released as far as im aware) you could fully remake Boutcheetah from scratch in C#, making it your own game with full acces to code (your own source code ?!?!)
League of Legends:
http://euw.op.gg/summoner/userName=ianv
http://euw.op.gg/summoner/userName=smurf+leblanc
http://euw.op.gg/summoner/userName=qqdz

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  Xx ItZ Ian
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Allie

Quote from: Xx Itz Ian on March 16, 2014, 06:14:28 PM
In the time since the release of the faction update (which still isn't released as far as im aware) you could fully remake Boutcheetah from scratch in C#, making it your own game with full acces to code (your own source code ?!?!)

Not sure if this is a statement, suggestion, or question, but I can say that that's partially unrealistic.
BOTS was made, if I had to estimate, in possibly a year or two. By a development team of at least 20.
We are three people. One of which has minimal programming experience, and none of which have modelling, graphical, or engine-related experience.

Saying you can make a 3D game from scratch (in our case, that'd be redoing all the models and animations aswell) in less than a couple years, in a team of 3 inexperienced people, is not something I would agree with as feasible. It has been thought over, and ultimately turned down.

Madprox

Pretty sure a friend of mine can make 3D models for parts, monsters, etc.

Depending on what you require it to be (file type etc idk), i could ask him if he can actually and then there is the possibility of him teaching me.

Idk if you're convinced or intrested, but yeah.
PM me or steam if you are.

IGN: GM Max | Level: 270 | Guild: Utopia

iBrobotback

Quote from: Allie on March 16, 2014, 09:38:22 PM
Quote from: Xx Itz Ian on March 16, 2014, 06:14:28 PM

Not sure if this is a statement, suggestion, or question, but I can say that that's partially unrealistic.
BOTS was made, if I had to estimate, in possibly a year or two. By a development team of at least 20.
We are three people. One of which has minimal programming experience, and none of which have modelling, graphical, or engine-related experience.

Saying you can make a 3D game from scratch (in our case, that'd be redoing all the models and animations aswell) in less than a couple years, in a team of 3 inexperienced people, is not something I would agree with as feasible. It has been thought over, and ultimately turned down.
Why not ask some of the members if they can use the programs to create new maps, etc. Or maybe a new topic pertaining to ideas for new features.

Cooky

Quote from: iBrobotback on March 17, 2014, 12:13:42 PM
Or maybe a new topic pertaining to ideas for new features.

did u know theres a suggestions section of the forum?

EnergyCell2

Wait, Allie or Rossbach, are maps like .obj files? If so, i got a nice fix for your issue.
Yes. I'm xhalo7. I guess you'll have to deal with that.
Ban me. I don't give a shit. I'll make my return one day.

Xx Itz Ian

I can also make 3d models i dont think thats the problem here.
League of Legends:

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  Xx ItZ Ian
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

abc999

Quote from: Allie on March 16, 2014, 09:38:22 PM
that'd be redoing all the models

1. Use 3D Ripper DX and rip all the game models.
2. Get someone to animate them.
3. Use some simple engine like unity.
4. Do all the coding for the game.
???
Profit
i don't play bots anymore!

Allie

Quote from: abc999 on March 17, 2014, 04:16:52 PM
1. Use 3D Ripper DX and rip all the game models.

All models and animations are encoded in a program created and used only by N-Log.
We've successfully decrypted it (after like 5 years), but it'd still be incredibly difficult to use and animate them.

robbyke

tbh, if you find someone willing to do it just for the credit its probably easier to recreate all the models than try and get them out of BOTS

he has the whole game to look at. even if he takes a while if he enjoys doin it he will finish you modeling.

on top if you would remake bots it would be easier to create some file that contains all your map data as i understand now all maps are hardcoded in the game?

having the original source code would help alot but on a game as "old" as this one it would be better to start from scratch and just use the idea behind it.

and to finish this, ive decided to try it however its not gonna be for really soon, if i get it to work ill let zg have it because id just love to see it work
im starting from scratch without even having a clue how currently all classes and db work togheter,

Xx Itz Ian

Quote from: kulvinder on March 20, 2014, 04:40:18 PM
Quote from: Allie on March 16, 2014, 08:49:48 AM
Quote from: Iridion on March 15, 2014, 04:02:53 PM
Quote from: Allie on March 15, 2014, 03:47:14 PM
we do many new stuff but release none : )

We release a ton of awesome stuff we never thought possible even a year ago.
Friends/lobby list gives us complete control on the ui of the game.
We've already created and release new game modes that don't even require tags anymore.
We've even done some innovative stuff in-game to make raid more interesting.

We've proven we can create new models by releasing the headless kowbat and kowbat head. While we do have the technology to create and release new models, none of us have the modelling skill to create anything worthwhile.

In-game maps, we have, in fact, learned to move around nodes and create platforms. However, this is extremely early in WIP, as a project me and Ross abandoned in like December due to the thorn we've had for awhile. It's possible we will bring this project back up now that that thorn is gone.

TLDR this short few sentences,
We don't release unfinished content. Just because the ui update wasn't released a day before we released it doesn't mean we weren't capable of doing it a day before it was released.
This sums up a lot that ZG has done a lot to the old Bots of the Acclaim which was bugged as ship.
If anyone wants to know the struggle and hard work they made just go and try Bots.
Btw the acclaim bots was literally bugged as $hit.

ZG bots and normal bots have the same bugs and glitches, its not any different.
League of Legends:

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  Xx ItZ Ian
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-