May 03, 2024, 09:44:59 PMLatest Member: soaka455
BoutCheetah » Forum » BoutCheetah Community » General Discussion » When are the servers closing down?

When are the servers closing down?

Started by xbaras, September 08, 2014, 07:17:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xbaras

Hello,

All games have their lifespan, and while I share some spectacular memories with BC it is becoming very outdated.

Bots was the game of my childhood in 2008 and 9, and I've been a supporter of BC ever since. It's honestly a great unique game I would never want to see close, but sometime down the track when the servers can't be supported it will end.

I recently heard BC has an active playerbase of 300 players. If this is true then Zylon is skimming low.

How much longer do you think the servers will hold out until the players cannot supply enough money for the servers to run?

I need to play this game as much as possible before it's too late...

Yz

Quote from: xbaras on September 08, 2014, 07:17:52 AM
Hello,

All games have their lifespan, and while I share some spectacular memories with BC it is becoming very outdated.

Bots was the game of my childhood in 2008 and 9, and I've been a supporter of BC ever since. It's honestly a great unique game I would never want to see close, but sometime down the track when the servers can't be supported it will end.

I recently heard BC has an active playerbase of 300 players. If this is true then Zylon is skimming low.

How much longer do you think the servers will hold out until the players cannot supply enough money for the servers to run?

I need to play this game as much as possible before it's too late...

Really not speaking to you as an admin, but as someone who was there from the beginning of bots, bc and toks serv, this server isn't near dead. People are going crazy speculating that it's dying because vets don't play and PvP playerbase is at an all time low. Fact is there's new people coming on all the time. BC still generates a lot of income and its shutdown isn't over the horizon.. way further down the track. As I've said recently, sector guilds are actually having a peak moment.

I'd still give it a few years. Your active playerbase rumour isn't true btw pretty sure there's more than that.
DISCORD killyzkill

Robocop7ant

some vets are here still and most of them still forums :P

i hope they come with some new updates soon :D

<br />

JustRK

September 08, 2014, 03:18:28 PM #3 Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 03:46:41 PM by JustRK
It doesn't take much to run the game hardware / resource wise. Contrary to what tricky said I do believe 300 is about the right number for our in-game player base as the large majority of bots are merely alternates of the same person. I've done quite a bit of investigating in the last few months and the most alt's I've seen someone have is like 27

However because this game and community is almost cult like, it's easy to say that we will persevere for a while longer.

Pokeh

community itself should last a while (I mean, some people have been here for 8+ years since bots), dunno anything bout the game. haven't played in forever.

Santa

BoutCheetah will probably be on the internet forever, even if only a few people play.  If the amount of players dwindle too low, it can go back to being ran on very cheap servers, but that would mean the servers being down often again.

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-