May 22, 2024, 04:02:51 PMLatest Member: Robpex
BoutCheetah » Forum » BoutCheetah Community » General Discussion » what port does bc use ?

what port does bc use ?

Started by mo9, June 05, 2011, 12:11:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mo9

i wanted to open a port like u do in u torrent when u forward it from the router directly to u torrent so it would have a better connection , so what is bc's 
ZeaL Rank 1 BvB, just because

vv secks box

Santa

Well, you see..  You will need to port forward like all UDP ports to your machine, as the client uses ports that are open for people, but for some people, the ports could range from 5000 to 55000 lol.  So  I just enable DMZ to fix this problem.  You could always enable 0 - 65535 UDP to your computer if you'd like nearly perfect connections with everyone..

mo9

i dont think i know how to do that 0.o
btw do u mean that the client uses many variable ports ?

vv secks box

hawk5005

June 05, 2011, 04:04:31 PM #3 Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 04:05:43 PM by hawk5005
Quote from: RedEyes on June 05, 2011, 02:27:39 PM
Well, you see..  You will need to port forward like all UDP ports to your machine, as the client uses ports that are open for people, but for some people, the ports could range from 5000 to 55000 lol.  So  I just enable DMZ to fix this problem.  You could always enable 0 - 65535 UDP to your computer if you'd like nearly perfect connections with everyone..
I'd like nearly perfect connections to everyone, so how do I enable all the UDP ports..?
I mean I can only open one port at a time.

Racenata

You have to open a port range hawk, doing it can be dangerous it opens up every port a person could attack you through.

^ Credits to Muncay, Meta, Faith, and Myself

^ I'll miss you Gramps :D.

mo9

thats why i wanted to forward just the one for bc :p

vv secks box

Allie

Each player uses a different port to connect to another person.
If the port is closed, you do not connect to that person.
This is why some people only connect to some other people; if a port is blocked on either end.

eco999

Allie a few days ago I was playing BC and we didn't connect but we could still whisper to each other.

Allie

The most common explanation is my port was blocked on your router.

mo9

oh soo thats why i have to open shit loads of ports to connect to everyone right ?
btw how do i do that ?

#BUMP

vv secks box

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-